TOOL IS BACK!

Unique band but also kind of overrated in my opinion, I mean they've obviously influenced many bands (even Katatonia to some extent) and I really enjoyed the hooks on Ænema for the most part.
but after a while I felt like their songs are unncessarily over long with not enough progression in terms of structure. That's why I lost interest in the band by the time Lateralus was out. I still think that Maynard is an amazing vocalist though...

paradoxile said:
To stir up things a bit...I heard the new album and to those of you wondering it was leaked a few days ago to various p2p sharing thingies.
I think the new albums sucks, not OMG this is a piece of crap but sucks comparing to the previous TOOL albums.
about Vicarious I totally agree with the guy who posted above me.

It's the same old tool but they left the whole mystical third eye/enlightment/chakra thing and made an album about "getting high"
That's not what I was waiting for, for the past 5 years but that's a matter of concept.I could take the concept if the music is awesom
It's not musically that great either...a lot of "repetetive smearing" to get the album to it's desired length and most of the musical elements I loved about tool are gone this album and I can hear them for a few seconds here and there on the album.
In conclusion it's a good album but not great,I am going to buy becuase it's too late to stop collecting tool albums and who knows,maybe I just need to listen to it a few more times to get adjusted but this never happened to me with tool before.Aenima and Lateralus were immediate jawdropperes for me from the first listen.

p.s
In comparison to of 10000 days to TGCD, Kata takes the lead with a great (cold) distance ahead of tool
any other tool album,it would be the other way around.

I think you're a fucking retard. I stopped reading after "the new tool album sucks".

Just because you don't "get it" the first time, doesn't mean it sucks.
Getting an impression of a Tool album after 2 or 3 listens is retarded. They make very complex music, and it normally takes a while to notice all of the subtle melodies.

10,000 days is an amazing album, definetly on par with their other albums.

lucifer6 said:
Unique band but also kind of overrated in my opinion, I mean they've obviously influenced many bands (even Katatonia to some extent) and I really enjoyed the hooks on Ænema for the most part.
but after a while I felt like their songs are unncessarily over long with not enough progression in terms of structure. That's why I lost interest in the band by the time Lateralus was out. I still think that Maynard is an amazing vocalist though...
lol

i'd be more into this new record if they made an ambient record or something like that.. like kid a after ok comp.. explore new stuff.. the majority of 10,000 days sounds like tracks that were thrown off lateralus

blimey said:
I think you're a fucking retard. I stopped reading after "the new tool album sucks".

Just because you don't "get it" the first time, doesn't mean it sucks.
Getting an impression of a Tool album after 2 or 3 listens is retarded. They make very complex music, and it normally takes a while to notice all of the subtle melodies.

10,000 days is an amazing album, definetly on par with their other albums.

well I think you're a retard for not reading my post completely...
I said in the post all of the above:
1.sucks=I don't think OMG it's a piece of crap but It's sucks comparing to the other tool albums.
2. it's not musically great and has too much smearing.
3. Aenima and Lateralus dropped my jaw immedietly, 10000 days didn't.
4. perhaps I need more time to listen to absorb.

as for your comment "they make very complex music" ,"Getting an impression from a tool album from 2 or 3 listens is retarted"
look blimey,I don't know about you but I can smell a Toolish nuance a mile away.It doesn't take long to get a first impression of any album...that's why it's called a first impression...it also influences on how much I will listen to the album later.The first time I heard Katatonia's "Leaders" on my promo cd I immedietly thought it sounded like "The Grudge" and there's evidence in this forum for me saying that.
It rarely ever happens to me that after a month of listening to any album, complex or not, I've said to myself "OMG how come I haven't noticed this before?"
moreover I've been listening to this album to get more familiar with it for the past few days just to hope for finding something awesome in it and changing my mind about it(cause waiting for something for a long time and eventually getting disappointed sucks). unfortunately for me it hasn't changed:(.

getting an impression from a tool album after 2 months is retarted literaly. it means a person is fucking slow.

paradoxile said:
well I think you're a retard for not reading my post completely...
I said in the post all of the above:
1.sucks=I don't think OMG it's a piece of crap but It's sucks comparing to the other tool albums.
2. it's not musically great and has too much smearing.
3. Aenima and Lateralus dropped my jaw immedietly, 10000 days didn't.
4. perhaps I need more time to listen to absorb.

as for your comment "they make very complex music" ,"Getting an impression from a tool album from 2 or 3 listens is retarted"
look blimey,I don't know about you but I can smell a Toolish nuance a mile away.It doesn't take long to get a first impression of any album...that's why it's called a first impression...it also influences on how much I will listen to the album later.The first time I heard Katatonia's "Leaders" on my promo cd I immedietly thought it sounded like "The Grudge" and there's evidence in this forum for me saying that.
It rarely ever happens to me that after a month of listening to any album, complex or not, I've said to myself "OMG how come I haven't noticed this before?"
moreover I've been listening to this album to get more familiar with it for the past few days just to hope for finding something awesome in it and changing my mind about it(cause waiting for something for a long time and eventually getting disappointed sucks). unfortunately for me it hasn't changed:(.

getting an impression from a tool album after 2 months is retarted literaly. it means a person is fucking slow.
I didn't say: take a month to let it absorb. Just give it time. No Tool album sucks. "Musically great" is an opinion. I can have mine.

i loved tool for so long and when they stopped in 2003 it hurt me cuz i wanted to see them live... but this new album and that song OMG... i forgive em it really has an old feeling to it but i think nothing will ever beat ticks and leeches

blimey said:
I didn't say: take a month to let it absorb. Just give it time. No Tool album sucks. "Musically great" is an opinion. I can have mine.
yes but your opinion is not on the album but on me which is not cool at all.

Tool is a good band to many people, but I've never really been able to get into it completely. I notice alot of people in here instantly attacking someone if they say something bad about Tool, which is just as childish as saying things like "Tool is gay". I do believe Tool is vastly overrated, but I enjoyed Undertow when it came out, and it remains the only Tool album I've bothered buying. Lateralus was alright in some ways, but the bad, namely the lack of interesting song structure, outweighed any good for me. Just an opinion, like everyone else.

Keltoi said:
Tool is a good band to many people, but I've never really been able to get into it completely. I notice alot of people in here instantly attacking someone if they say something bad about Tool, which is just as childish as saying things like "Tool is gay". I do believe Tool is vastly overrated, but I enjoyed Undertow when it came out, and it remains the only Tool album I've bothered buying. Lateralus was alright in some ways, but the bad, namely the lack of interesting song structure, outweighed any good for me. Just an opinion, like everyone else.

First, the song structures on lateralus are far more varied and complex than undertow, this is a fact, but if you say you don't enjoy lateralus, well, it is your opinion and that is fine...second, it is NEVER childish to attack morons, or should we all take morons seriously?

Like all their releases it's is going to be out of this world but this waiting game is killing me!

Just like their music I wonder how they're going to out do the art work. Just saw the actual case and let me tell you they did. It's like a small hardcover book with lots of alex grey paintings inside but the craziest part is the outside has this flap over the faces on the cover with two lenses that cover the eyes so you can see through it. Freaking amazing!