Toontrack Metal Month 2013 - Trailer

Andy's EZ Mix video actually made me think about purchasing EZ Mix for a split second and that's saying a lot since EZ Mix is a program that goes against everything I stand for.

Did the carpenter complain when his tools went from this

story-screw-driver-184311.jpg

to this

DCD780C2_1.jpg

or from this

estwing-hammer.jpg

to this

dewalt-nail-gun.jpg

Ultimately it's the results that matter ;)

Mind you this is a intended as a somewhat sarcastic response and not to be taken as a subject for serious debate at all. Craftsmen are what they are and choose to use the tools they choose to use for a variety of reasons - one reason might be expediency, but it's certainly not a right/wrong choice. I suspect the same goes for any job involving tools of the trade.

The guitar presets in EZMix sound pretty amazing. I was listening to Accepts "Blood of Nations" album last night and still can't get over the Andy's amazing production on that album. One of my favorite metal albums ever... ever... ever... ever. (read that with some nice reverb and echo in your head)

haha fuck me, that sounds pretty close, even if most tones sound smaller and...hard to explain....more "stale"...if that makes sense?

For research options alone this is pretty handy tho, if you'd want to understand more what you dig about his tones!
Having them seperated and all.
Of course I can imagine that you'd get a lot closer with matching tones by having the original DIs and original final tones of the album right next to eachother...in that case match EQ makes a lot more sense than it is used normally around here...

and yeah as he said, this really is totally handy for prepro and getting really good sounding demos without having to fuck around with setting up anything...same reason I have writing sessions set up from the bat, but obv if you're not that deep into mixing than it's great thing to work with.

Got It!!!!
It sounds great to me, amazing guitar tones for 39€
I miss some kind of guide with explanation of the presets because someone sounds weird by itself, and any other bass preset, there are just 3 of them.

Cheers

^did everyones drums start to sound like sneap with MM?

A mix is more than a single element man.
I can't imagine any Arch Enemy sound to work for a vast aray of styles for example

i got it now for a couple hours. really like it and i dont think everyone will sound like sneap with this.
the sounds are close, but not as the real sound....ohm....u know what i mean.....
simple to use, sounds good to make my demos and my POD HD have to go now :)

i got it now for a couple hours. really like it and i dont think everyone will sound like sneap with this.
the sounds are close, but not as the real sound....ohm....u know what i mean.....
simple to use, sounds good to make my demos and my POD HD have to go now :)

you're the chosen one. post clips

okee, your wish is my command:Smokin:

Gear used:

EZ Metal Machie, default preset
Fyling V with Invader = Preset: Nemesis 1 + 3, Beast Lead Wide
Squir Jazz = Preset: Teutonic Terror Bass

No comp, eq on Bus or Master, quick mixed with headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
absoute right! my squir is fucked up as hell....old strings, broken bridge and so on....
on weekend i can post clips with a ibanez sr

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=221

Not really sold. Looks like it could be cool for quick demo but no more. I would like to hear the drums preset demo out of curiosity... Anyway, I'll pass even if it's made by Andy.

Ok I lied. :cry: I bought EZmix2 only because of this Sneapage... (grabbed the Staub preset as well but it seems to be shite afaict...)

I feel dirty.:lol:

Now these Sneap amp tones...
They sound better than your regular impulse. Not sure how they did that...
I tried to replicate the result using various methods and got close but the result sounds always stiffer and less natural than the model.

Something new. all sounds from Andy and Toontrack. Prosessed with Toontrack EZ-Mix 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Those presets in good hands could sound totally pro IMHO...i have heard tons of axe fx, kempers, real amps that sounded crap, is just a matter of the mix but anyway is a really good work from toontrack.

Cheers