Top 10 rock albums (a picture thread)

ptshirt.jpg

pthoodie.jpg

LuminousAether said:
Then you don't like Pearl Jam because Ten IS Pearl Jam. It's their quintessential album and by far their best, along with Vs which is basically a continuation of Ten. Both of those albums are so much better than all the rest of their material that it is almost like two different bands, one good and one bad.

May I say........

A-FUCKIN-MEN!!!!

RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

'twasn't generic at the time. Sure, if PJ came out with Ten now I'd be like "been there, done that." Many bands, such as Candlebox and Stone Temple Pilots tried to recreate the Pearl Jam sound and success, so by now it is a very built upon sound. But it's a classic, and I can still remember how good it was back then, something that I can't do for many other albums that have been so plundered.

LuminousAether said:
'twasn't generic at the time. Sure, if PJ came out with Ten now I'd be like "been there, done that." Many bands, such as Candlebox and Stone Temple Pilots tried to recreate the Pearl Jam sound and success, so by now it is a very built upon sound. But it's a classic, and I can still remember how good it was back then, something that I can't do for many other albums that have been so plundered.

Oh yea Candlebox what a gem..........

every person i've met that listens to smashing pumpings, PJ etc hates solos, and metal, and they dress like idiots, thier the who try to be anti-mainstream are potheads, thier the reason people hate metal & rock

I like Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, and I like solos sometimes, and I love many styles of metal including black, doom, death, and grindcore. I also like country, indie rock, post rock, jazz, industrial, ambient, folk, etc.

Don't make generalizations, they are almost never true.

Let me say now, that this is MY opinion, and I don't care if you don't like it. Boo hoo about it and make fun of it all you want, but I don't give a shit. :) Also, realize that this is NOT my favorite rock albums as of now, it's the ten rock album that had an effect on what I listen to now. "Of All Time" you could say. So...

1.) Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
porcupine-tree-in-absentia.jpg

2.) A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
circle.jpg

3.) Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
mellon.jpg

4.) The Doors - Waiting For The Sun
Doors_Waiting%20For%20The%20Sun.jpg

5.) Radiohead - Ok Computer
ok.computer.jpg

6.) Tool - Ænima
231786.jpg

7.) Pearl Jam - Binaural
binaural.jpg

8.) Soundgarden - Down On The Upside
soundgarden_down.jpg

9.) David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust
davidbowie_rise.jpg

10.) Pearl Jam - .VS.
d12660hp9k9.jpg

Honorable Mentions :
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Radiohead - The Bends
Deftones - White Pony
Foo Fighters - The Color And Shape

Tool is definatly not metal. :rolleyes:

Edit : But if you must consider Tool to be metal, just bump 7, 8, 9, and 10 up, and give the 10 spot to one of my honorable mentions.

I like Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam, metal, solos, don't try to be anti-mainstream, and have never smoked pot.

...I might dress like an idiot though.

On a side note, I am fucking sick and tired of people accusing STP of trying to sound like Pearl Jam.
I have never heard any remote similarity.
If you think they suck, whatever, fine, you have your opinion and that's ok, I have no problem there, but I don't understand that, it seems like one person heard "Plush" went "OMFG EDDEY VEDDAR!!!11" and everyone jumped on that bandwagon.
MAYBE, MAYBE Core sounds very Ten-ish, but Purple doesn't, and Tiny Music sure as fuck doesn't, nevermind No. 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da.

BLarg!11

RC said:
On a side note, I am fucking sick and tired of people accusing STP of trying to sound like Pearl Jam.
I have never heard any remote similarity.

So VERY true. Stone Temple Pilots kick ass.