Top 3 things that turned you on to Opeth

1. When I was first getting into Opeth I had only listened to Damnation and Ghost Reveries, and decided to research more about them. I went to the website and was just fascinated with the cover arts of their albums, mostly by the MAYH and BWP album cover. Artwork has always been important to me as it's like a representation of the music and those covers convey it perfectly.

2. The perfection in the music has always fascinated me and that's why their music never gets old. It's like I've been searching for music like this for a long time and have finally found it.

3. The dynamic structure in every song and how all the riffs seem to gel together so perfect, like the first few minutes of Moonlapse Vertigo, the soothing sounds of the Drapery Falls, and My Arms Your Hearse album as a whole.

1. Accidentally downloaded Nectar on Napster
2. The part at 8:00 was serious hardcore awesome
3. Proceeded to realize Opeth is god and satan all at once and I should buy all their albums (which was only three at the time, I think)

A lot of things here I could say, but:

1. their originality and diversity in their music, always progressing their sound

2. their live show is excellent! i love how they dont do any "make some noise, show me your hands" crap. i'd much rather hear him say nothing or make cock jokes

3. peter's good looks :lol:

I asked Christina from Lacuna Coil if Opeth would be worth seeing when LC had to pull out of they're first US tour with Opeth. And she told me that yes they were worth it and by golly she was right. I was instantly hooked and have seen them live 6 times and number 7 in a month.

They are truely the most unique band I have ever heard and continue to impress. Wish I wouldve heard about them sooner.

Bleak.

When I listened to it the first time, I was kind of afraid (the only "metal" I had listened to before was In Flames and Stratovarius) because the music was so intense. After my second and third times through, I drove to the store to pick up Blackwater Park. Now I have Still Life, MAYH, BWP, GR, Damnation, and Deliverance... I still need to get to listening to Orchid and Morningrise :headbang:

I kept hearing the name and how "godly" they were blah, blah, so I said fuck it, let's see what the hype is all about. I was in the mood to buy something new, so I bought BWP, popped it in, and said out loud, "ok, impress me." I was kind of confused at first, because I thought they were strictly a death metal band with long songs, but they were so much more. So after my first spin I thought, "too many mellow parts." By the third spin or so I finally "got" what they were all about. It's right around then that my brain melted and ran out to get the rest of the albums. They've been my favorite metal band since.