Top albums of 2016

Lifemocker

Jun 16, 2016
None
Fucking none

Metal sucks.

Whining while blasting 80's and 90's music from speakers.

Question to swedes - is Roger Pontare still alive? If so, when will he release something new goddamnit.

Also, to answer the question, there is only one album worth listening to in 2016.

epicaholographiccdofficial.jpg

<3

Huh, much more than english wiki says. Still, half of it is singles but i thought he didnt release anything since 2011. Shame spotify doesnt have 90 % of this stuff

1. Katatonia – The Fall of Hearts
    Had a hard time with this in the beginning, especially the weird vocal lines, but I love it
  2. pg.lost - Versus
    Aweoms album
  3. Megadeth – Dystopia
    The surprise of the year. Its almost as good as Countdown To Extinction. Dave shows Metallica how thrash is supposed to be done.
  4. Dark Tranquillity – Atoma
    Not as good as many of the reviews says, pretty standard DT album imo but its still really good quality melodeath.
  5. Insomnium – Winters Gate
    Lost interest in Insomnium after Above The Weeping World (2006) but this conceptalbum is really good, and interesting for an insomnium-album. Its no Crimson but its really good.
  6. TreesOfEternity – Hourof the Nightingale
    This one has grown a lot the last few weeks, amazing album with lots of emotions and Aleahs passing makes some songs really deep and sad
  7. Diabolical – Umbra (EP)
    Probably the best EP I have heardf since Unblessing The Purity.
  8. TID – Fix Idé
    Somewhat of a disappointment, its too short.
  9. Cauldron – In Ruin
    The best Heavy Metal I have heard in a long time.
  10. Meshuggah– The Violent Sleep of Reason
    I was really disappointed with this, was hoping for more groove like obZen, but it has a few good tracks.
  11. Ghost – Popestar (EP)
  12. If TheseTreesCould Talk – The Bones of a Dying World
  13. Witherscape – The NorthernSanctuary
  14. Alcest – Kodama
  15. LacrimasProfundere – Hope is Here
  16. Abbath – Abbath
  17. Metallica – Hardwired to Self-Destruct
  18. CultOf Luna and Julia Christmas - Mariner
  19. Sumerlands - Sumerlands
  20. ColdWorld – Autumn
  21. Mithras – On Strange Loops

Reactions: Pitiless Wanderer
listened to this Katatonia album just now and it's nothing special, i dont even remember single tune or a moment from this album. Couldnt be more generic.

Reactions: Pitiless Wanderer