U.S. TOUR

Gonna fly over to Seattle, across half the globe to see them in September. I have never seen them live, and I do hope for the best. And I dontgive a f**k what some of you guys say about the meet and greet tickets, I already got one, especially cuz I havent seen them ever, so I wont miss the oporunity to meet them:D So if there is a die hard fan thats going to the show in El corazon, come join, you'll meet one from Macedonia and we can kick it. One more thing, the line up is the s**t, and I was stoked when I found out that Orphaned land and STS are gonna open the venue.

This is going to be one heck of a tour! I may be able to make it to the Philadelphia date. It's going to be awesome seeing two massive bands on the same darned stage!

Lucky you guys, it's all great bands and for me would be a pleasure catchin' once again Katatonia and Swallow live togeteher, after the nice experience of the European tour.

Yeah, if Agalloch or Novembre could join this U.S. tour would be a dream, but unfortunately dreams sometimes don't come true :erk:

It's a bill of all respect anyway :worship:

I asked Agalloch if theirs any chance they could open the Portland show and they replied "don't think so". Oh well, it was worth a shot :)

I've just spent the last day working out how to go about this tour and how much it would cost. so far my budget comes to $3500 US + gig ticket prices for 4 shows. (2 in LA and 2 in AZ). This is based on flying to LA and renting a car for three days, then flying to Phoenix and renting a car for 3 days again. Then I rang my parents and they are not all that happy about me going. They won't let me rent a car and "drive on the wrong side of the road". They won't let me catch public transport. They won't even let me walk 2 kilometers down sunset boulevard from the gig back to a hotel because "its not safe after dark" I hate them right now.

New plan, only go to 2 shows (Hollywood and Mesa) Spend a fuck load on cabs between airports and hotels and venues so my rents won't think I'm going to die.

Some questions for my US kata friends:

Is it ok to sit out the front of the Hollywood and Mesa venues for 4 or so hours before the doors open?

Is it easy to get a cab from LAX to Hollywood and back? Does it take forever?

will I be able to get a cab from the venue in Mesa to a hotel about 4 kilometers away in a place called Tempe?

Can I laugh in real life at Kev putting on an Aussie ascent?

What are the venues like? Do they have a crowd barrier up the front? Whats the sound like? how many people do they hold?

Would you go to both in AZ? I will come there if they let me hire a car in the US :D

Mesa for sure. Tucson I would really want to...I have a long time to ponder it, but I'm probably 70% going to Tucson too.

I've just spent the last day working out how to go about this tour and how much it would cost. so far my budget comes to $3500 US + gig ticket prices for 4 shows. (2 in LA and 2 in AZ). This is based on flying to LA and renting a car for three days, then flying to Phoenix and renting a car for 3 days again. Then I rang my parents and they are not all that happy about me going. They won't let me rent a car and "drive on the wrong side of the road". They won't let me catch public transport. They won't even let me walk 2 kilometers down sunset boulevard from the gig back to a hotel because "its not safe after dark" I hate them right now.

New plan, only go to 2 shows (Hollywood and Mesa) Spend a fuck load on cabs between airports and hotels and venues so my rents won't think I'm going to die.

Is it ok to sit out the front of the Hollywood and Mesa venues for 4 or so hours before the doors open?

will I be able to get a cab from the venue in Mesa to a hotel about 4 kilometers away in a place called Tempe?

What are the venues like? Do they have a crowd barrier up the front? Whats the sound like? how many people do they hold?

We might be able to work something out. If you're totally coming for sure then I might be able to help you out around here, and maybe show you around some sites or what not so you don't have to be at the venue for so much time beforehand. It's not a bad area, but it would just be boring to just sit there :p There's actually a cool Mexican place near there, I think it would be pretty cool if you, me, my friends and Mr. Grumble and his krew all hung out. Lemme know what you think.

And the venue in Mesa is pretty cool. Has good sound, has a full bar, and you're able to move freely and go outside.

And yes, I will have a special Swedish/Aussie accent just for you and Kataguyz.

...I think it would be pretty cool if you, me, my friends and Mr. Grumble and his krew all hung out. Lemme know what you think.

I'm Grumble's AZ accommodations (his krew by association then) and I will be taking those days off of work as we will be attending the show, so I'm sure we could work something out if you all decide to meet.

I usually just lurk on the forums these days, so I hope I'm not creeping anybody out by seemingly coming out of nowhere.

Would it be cheaper if I went with you? I am considering going.. and I GOT THE JOB I APPLIED FOR! (promotion) so I had promised myself this as a reward.

I am going to the US next month so will test my driving on the wrong side of the road (I should say other hah) but maybe I can go with you and share driving in AZ/LA?

Let's do this shit.

Mesa for sure. Tucson I would really want to...I have a long time to ponder it, but I'm probably 70% going to Tucson too.

We might be able to work something out. If you're totally coming for sure then I might be able to help you out around here, and maybe show you around some sites or what not so you don't have to be at the venue for so much time beforehand. It's not a bad area, but it would just be boring to just sit there :p There's actually a cool Mexican place near there, I think it would be pretty cool if you, me, my friends and Mr. Grumble and his krew all hung out. Lemme know what you think.

Also.. do you think these shows will sell out fast? I won't be able to organise all this til at least late June.