UEFA EURO 2008

Seriously, whoever thinks France is still a top team in the world must be on drugs.
The Dutch team murdered "Les Bleus", made them look like shit, completely humiliated them. France's golden years in soccer are done.
I love to see the French getting destroyed like that. And yes, you all probably know why. (Sorry Julien, but after 98 and 06 it became personal).

Man, I hate the fact that Brazil has so many more victories in games against France, too bad they beat us in the three times that actually mattered. UGH! lol

Seriously, whoever thinks France is still a top team in the world must be on drugs.
The Dutch team murdered "Les Bleus", made them look like shit, completely humiliated them. France's golden years in soccer are done.
I love to see the French getting destroyed like that. And yes, you all probably know why. (Sorry Julien, but after 98 and 06 it became personal).

Man, I hate the fact that Brazil has so many more victories in games against France, too bad they beat us in the three times that actually mattered. UGH! lol
Since I am part French, I cheer for Les Bleus, but to be honest, i didn't mind at all that the Dutch boys beat 'em yesterday. Spain Vs. Sweden should be a great match today. I predict a 2-1 Spanish victory.

The problem with France, Italy, and soon Germany, is also a major problem within their general population. Western Europeans have almost completely forgotten how to make children! Less people born = less people to grow up playing soccer = less talent pool to create good soccer teams = France.

It'll be interesting in the coming years to see how this effects all things soccer in Europe.

The problem with France, Italy, and soon Germany, is also a major problem within their general population. Western Europeans have almost completely forgotten how to make children! Less people born = less people to grow up playing soccer = less talent pool to create good soccer teams = France.

It'll be interesting in the coming years to see how this effects all things soccer in Europe.
This is definitely the case, but it's also true that many of these European countries are naturalizing foreign talent for their national sides.
On a side note, I predict a 1-1 draw between the Greeks and Russians today.

wow solid game, cant believe that goal right at the end! They deserve it though since that PK didnt get called. For the Swedes though, im pretty sure Larsson didnt do anything all game haha

The problem with France is this and as much as I love Les Bleus Domenich needs to go...1st off he doesn't attack #2 he doens't choose correct sides...It's an outrage that Trez isn't on the squad...Players that should have been on the squad include him and Ben Arfa...the squad if you are going to attack should be Henry/Trez and Benzema with the four in the middle being Ribery, Nasri, Vierra, and Diarra the back four should be Gallas, Thuram, Evra, Sagnol with Frey in goal Anelka and Gomis are jokes...

The perfect French Manager would be Arsene Wenger as much as I would hate to see him leave Arsenal it fits...The things Wenger are good at are spotting talent and getting the squad to play beautiful football. He's not so good at opening the pocket book....

Wow...the Turks stormed home.

And the way Turkey won was classic. It was a testament to the belief that soccer can be a cruel game, Turkey could do nothing all match...and then, KABOOM!

But, this whole weekend, something must have been in the Gatorade/Lucozade this weekend. Upsets galore worldwide:

Bermuda 2:1 T&T in Port of Spain
Iraq 2:1 China in Tianjin
Mexico struggles with Belize(!) 2:0, and the game was in Houston (?!?)
Paraguay, with 10 men, beats Brazil 2-0
Argentina struggles with Ecuador 1-1, at home

Africa was riddled with struggles, to wit:

Rwanda hammered Morocco(?!?) 3-1
Malawi (?!?) beat Egypt(WTF?!?) 1-0
Gambia beat up Algeria 1-0 (?!?)
Gabon (WTF? lynched Ghana(WTF???) 2-0
Sierra Leone punched out South Africa 1-0

EVen the US! You figgered that the US would beat Barbados....but 8-0!

Something was added, I say.

The problem with France is this and as much as I love Les Bleus Domenich needs to go...1st off he doesn't attack #2 he doens't choose correct sides...It's an outrage that Trez isn't on the squad...Players that should have been on the squad include him and Ben Arfa...the squad if you are going to attack should be Henry/Trez and Benzema with the four in the middle being Ribery, Nasri, Vierra, and Diarra the back four should be Gallas, Thuram, Evra, Sagnol with Frey in goal Anelka and Gomis are jokes...

The perfect French Manager would be Arsene Wenger as much as I would hate to see him leave Arsenal it fits...The things Wenger are good at are spotting talent and getting the squad to play beautiful football. He's not so good at opening the pocket book....

Very true. I read somewhere after the 06 World Cup that Domenech is very into astrology and sometimes chooses players based off their signs. Apparently, not one Scorpio was chosen to play in any of the French games during the World Cup. Not sure if this is entirely true, but it would sure lend itself to some interesting selections by this man.

Today, in Quarterfinals action:

Germany Vs. Portugal

Prediction: GER 3, POR 2 in regulation.

WOW! Can you give me the MegaMillions numbers for Friday? Or, the answers to the questions I will get on my appearance on "Who want to be a Millionaire"?

Talk about calling the shot. Portugal does what they do best in situations such as this one....CHOKE!

Choke?? Did you watch the game? The Refs handed Germany a victory, it should have been 3-2 Portugal with difference in calls, or atleast 3 all and gone to OT. What a joke that main ref was, I hope I dont see him in another game

WOW! Can you give me the MegaMillions numbers for Friday? Or, the answers to the questions I will get on my appearance on "Who want to be a Millionaire"?

Talk about calling the shot. Portugal does what they do best in situations such as this one....CHOKE!
:lol: It was an educated guess, but still a guess all the same.:cool: We need to make a Mega Millions deal between us, since I'm a regular player of that game myself.:kickass:
BTW, same prediction for today!
Turkey 3, Croatia 2 in regulation play.
:headbang:

Choke?? Did you watch the game? The Refs handed Germany a victory, it should have been 3-2 Portugal with difference in calls, or atleast 3 all and gone to OT. What a joke that main ref was, I hope I dont see him in another game
BTW, who WAS that ref and where's a from? :OMG::rolleyes::puke::lol: