Ultimate Chart: Top 5 Gothicmetal albums ever!!!

lnasphinx

New Metal Member
May 20, 2004
man, I'm already sick of it. So many people on the net claims that Fallen is the best gothicmetal has to offer, so I decided to ask you guys (who 'should' now something about true metal), which 10 gothicmetal albums are your all time favourite?

think before you writre:) of course you can write more than 5 albums if you like.it's your choice

ok, here's my list

1.Tristania - Widow's Weeds
2.Dreams of Sanity - Komödia
3.The Gathering - Mandylion
4.Flowing Tears - Serpentine
5.Therion - Secret of the Runes

ok, i must confess that i'm listening to metal for less than 2 years so you could say that i'm new... althouh i have all the abums from Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Sins of Thy Beloved, After Forever an the likes, i didn't listen to them so i admit that maybe some of them are better...

p.s. Tristania si before DoS solely because of nostalgia

1 Katatonia-last fair deal gone down
2 Katatonia-discouraged ones
3 Type O Ngeative-october rust
4 Katatonia-brave murder day
5 Katatonia-Tonights decision

The best gothic metal album is Velvet Darkness They Fear by Theatre of Tragedy, blows all the other albums listed here out of the water. I think it's pretty gothic anyway.

1) Theatre of Tragedy- Velvet Darkness They Fear
2) Tristania- Widows Weeds
3) Theatre of Tragedy-Theatre of Tragedy
4) Tristania- World of Glass
5) Tristania- Beyond the Veil

If its not obvious I havn't searched this genre very much, but these bands are indeed very good.

KAtatonia are not gothic metal...

gothic sucks! I hate gothic and gothics and anything related to it. Those fat depressed bitches should kill themselves so we get rid of scum a little more.

gothic is calm and shit
something metal isnt... so its like a contradiction huh? gothic metal... ?!

Dont put Katatonia in this stupid "genre" cuz they do awesome music just their way...

_SLAYERIZED_ said:
KAtatonia are not gothic metal...

gothic sucks! I hate gothic and gothics and anything related to it. Those fat depressed bitches should kill themselves so we get rid of scum a little more.

gothic is calm and shit
something metal isnt... so its like a contradiction huh? gothic metal... ?!

Dont put Katatonia in this stupid "genre" cuz they do awesome music just their way...

amen:headbang:

down with those whiney goths!

hmm...it is only my opinion, but you guys aren't tolerant towards different music styles. that means also that you're not smart either.

besides, gothic is in artistic way way better than monotonous death metal grunting. i don't have anything against deathmetal or any other 'cool' metal genres, which makes you naturally cool guys supercool, but dissing like Eminem only shows your IQ i fear...

peace and love and sometimes war