Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame August 2016 Inductions

H.P. Lovecraft

Mar 9, 2016
Ry'leh
A few hours late with this, but, hey, c'est la vie. Anyhow, you jokers get how this goes, we're here to induct what this forum finds to be the worthiest among all artists and bands who play metal of being in a hall of fame. List up to 15 bands you feel are deserving (that haven't already been inducted, make sure you check), then, at the end of the voting cycle, I'll tally all your votes and we'll have our new class of inductees for the month of August. As the list has been getting a little on the lengthy side in terms of the physical space it consumes on a post, I'll simply link our Hall of Fame Museum for information regarding all prior classes of inductees: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/ultimate-metal-hall-of-fame-museum.1026011/

Feel free to change up your band choices as you please for the first 3 to 4 days of the voting cycle too, we'll close up shop at 12:00 AM sharp on September 1st, so get crackin' boys and girls!

Accept
Danzig
Anthrax
Emperor
U.D.O.
Hellhammer
Mötley Crüe
Possessed
King Diamond
Alice Cooper
Deep Purple
Sarcófago
Exodus
Diamond Head
Carcass

Reactions: CiG
I always have trouble finding the previous month's thread to see what I chose and carry it on to the next month.

Does this go by every two months?

Did you mean to post this in GMD Social instead of GMD? I was disappointed this wasn't a non-metal spinoff. Now I'm wondering what this site would agree on as the canon of non-metal.

Probably have to specify genre for a non-metal version, unless we want a really fucking weird Hall of Fame... :D

I tend to have less traditional tastes, but hopefully something makes it on:

Windir
Primordial
Emperor
Sear Bliss
Arcturus
Borknagar
Hellveto
Therion
Darkspace
Suidakra
Slough Feg
Blind Guardian

Last edited:
We may as well keep it here seeing as it's already grounded here and gaining decent attention, I'll put it back in its place in the GMD section next time around. So, go for it.

Slough Feg
Queensrÿche
Riot
Solitude Aeturnus
Morbid Angel
Possessed
Satan
Cloven Hoof
Angel Witch
Witchfinder General
Reverend Bizarre
Omen
Holy Terror
Hellhammer
Revelation

Reactions: Phylactery and CiG
Obituary
Windir
Electric Wizard
Vektor
Dark Angel
Pestilence
Anthrax
Napalm Death
Artillery
Cynic
Mekong Delta
Obliveon
D.R.I.
Dream Theater
Symphony X

Blind Guardian (HOW HAS NO ONE VOTED FOR THIS BAND YET!?)
King Diamond
Accept
Solstice (U.K.)
Satan
Symphony X
Solitude Aeturnus
Vektor
Windir
Deep Purple
Metal Church

Last edited:
Glad I can finally vote on one of these for the month. Kicks the R&R Hall of Fame's ass. :p:rofl:
Ha. Thanks. Baroque started this whole shebang in February, but I've been running it since April as he got too busy. Yeah, the R&R Hall of Fame pisses me off beyond belief. N.W.A. is in, but guess what? No Judas Priest or Captain Beefheart. It's ridiculous.

Aeternus
Dawn
Graveland
Sacramentum
Ulver
Dismember
Hellhammer
Adramelch
Helstar
Liege Lord
Metal Church
Satan
Solitude Aeturnus
Solstice (UK)

Just noticed Elric voted Hellhammer. Are we shoving them in with Celtic Frost or doing them separately. If the latter, they should have been in ages ago.

Last edited: