Underground classical music?

hmm,

there's one tune by Pietro Mascagni called Intermezzo aus Cavalleria Rusticana (Interlude from Cavalleria Rusticana). You´ve probably heard it before in some movie, it´s often used in dramatic scenes. It´s quite lovely.

Johann Strauss and.. erm.. the other Strauss :)

Then the Säbeltanz (Sabre dance) by Aram Chatschaturjan is always entertaining, for some strange reason Milhouse from "The Simpsons" always comes to mind when i hear it lol

No one other than those usual "famous" ones seem to come to mind..

one that isn´t quite classical but interesting, Jerry Goldsmith. He has done some work for movies. The song Ave Satani (was it in the Omen? i don´t remember), Legend, Hollow Man (in fact the only thing i liked about that movie was the music) oh and some more, don´t remember what.

Ilamaura: Hildegard Von Bingen? the abbess? lol, i just learned about her in history. Is any of her music interesting? :)

Originally posted by Ahamkara
Underground classical, eh?

Four words: Godspeed You Black Emperor!

YES!
I truly love godspeed you black emperor!, nice to see them mentioned on this board.
I'll get to see them live in about two weeks :) yai

Originally posted by Gleemonex

llamaura: Hildegard Von Bingen? the abbess? lol, i just learned about her in history. Is any of her music interesting? :)

Very interesting. Unlike most composers of Chant she didn't base her pieces on preexisting work - she wrote original material.

It's haunting and beautiful stuff. Most of what I've heard is sung by women (surprisingly ;) ), so that also sets it apart from a lot of plain song.