Underrated Albums from famous bands

He had to mean Goatlord didn’t he? If he meant Goat Horns by Nokturnal Mortum that’s their most famous album.

That being said I like Goatlord’s long lost Autospy album sound. The weird out of place “female” vocals fuck the album out of being a standard rotater for me though.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, Gore Obsessed happens to be one of my favourite CC albums.

And Formulas is my very favourite MA album.

Youthanasia by Megadeth.
No Prayer for the Dying by Iron Maiden.
Point of Entry by Judas Priest.
Inside the Electric Circus by WASP
Dehumanizer by Black Sabbath
Strange Highways by Dio.
Eclipse by Yngwie Malmsteen
Practice What You Preach by Testament.

Some quality albums go almost completely unnoticed, unfairly.

I'm kick-starting this off with this:

Always loved that record. Almost every song is inspired and totally distinct, it's simple but cohesive, nasty in parts and ominously melodic in others, the lyrics and Benton's vocals shine through here probably more than on any other album for me.

Yeah, dude. Serpents is great. First 4 Deicide albums are great but nothing will touch Once Upon the Cross for me.

BREEDING THE SPAWN
R-539042-1319743038.jpeg.jpg

If not for the production, this would not be as overlooked by people but still a killer album.

I've said this somewhere on here before, but Slayer's Divine Intervention is the most underrated album in their entire discography.

DI is trash.

REINVENTING THE STEEL!!!!!

Tad underrated imo.

I agree

Other underrated albums:

Any Tony Martin Sabbath album
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Judas Priest - Demolition
Jungle Rot - Terror Regime
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Exodus - Impact is Imminent
Illdisposed - 1-800 Vindication
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
In Flames - Come Clarity
Obituary - World Demise
Amorphis - Eclipse
Slayer - God Hates Us All, Christ Illusion
Black Label Society - Catacombs of the Black Vatican

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah, dude. Serpents is great. First 4 Deicide albums are great but nothing will touch Once Upon the Cross for me.

If not for the production, this would not be as overlooked by people but still a killer album.

I totally understand Once Upon the Cross as a favorite. To me Serpents is a continuation of Once Upon, same production and sound... but with more gathered, catchier song-writing. What I don't agree with at all is the massively overwhelming majority saying the first two were the best. The song-writing isn't nearly as good and mature as later.

Here's another I feel is a little bit underappreciated by them, understandably given the lineup situation at the time etc. :

Other underrated albums:

Any Tony Martin Sabbath album
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Judas Priest - Demolition
Jungle Rot - Terror Regime
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Exodus - Impact is Imminent
Illdisposed - 1-800 Vindication
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
In Flames - Come Clarity
Obituary - World Demise
Amorphis - Eclipse
Slayer - God Hates Us All, Christ Illusion
Black Label Society - Catacombs of the Black Vatican

Most of those bands don't have a place in my life so I couldn't say !, but I'd agree with Slayer-God Hates Us All. The title track is absolutely killer, and if the rest isn't the greatest music ever recorded it at least offered a bit more nuance to the Slayer sound, like it wasn't just Slayer album no.# X, and it saw Slayer in their early 2000's form with new production, those punchy double kicks in particular sounded fkng good, the power chords sounded chunky and polished as fk. Some real good hooks on the record, and that good ol thrash vibe all the way through. Ofc, it doesn't have the epicness of a Reign in Blood but...it's different, but not as bas I think as usually made out.

Christ Illusion was a wonderful comeback album in general. For the first time since Seasons the band were actually playing (mostly) thrash metal. The only problem with it is it contains its fair share of filler. But its good tracks are absolute bangers (Flesh Storm, Jihad, Cult, Supremist).

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Christ Illusion was a wonderful comeback album in general. For the first time since Seasons the band were actually playing (mostly) thrash metal. The only problem with it is it contains its fair share of filler. But its good tracks are absolute bangers (Flesh Storm, Jihad, Cult, Supremist).
I dont hear much filler there tbh. Weakest track on the album is a 3/5 for me ...
wH9nzu4.png

Reactions: jimmy101
Wow, a 4.5 for Black Serenade. That's quite lofty. I regard that as just about the weakest track on the album.

Catatonic isn't much better.