In the Woods... - Strange in Stereo
Slough Feg - Atavism
My Dying Bride - 34.788%...Complete
Neurosis - Eye of Every Storm
Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Skyclad - Vintage Whine
Spectral Lore - II
Summoning - Minas Morgul

Is Colony overrated tho? Nowadays people would kill themselves to hear something from it live. The title track is one of their most-known tracks tbh. I'd consider Whoracle or their debut as underrated cuts in their discography.

Haven is crap imo. What do you like about it? The last DT album I heard was Fiction because my mother bought it for me when it was released and I’d say that one is more listenable than Haven. “Inside the Particle Storm” is pretty good. Getting a keyboardist was the worst decision they ever made.

The underrated Borknagar albums are their first two I reckon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allfader
First Borknagar album is monumental, yet terribly underrated. The Olden Domain is even better but it's far more appreciated by the prog black/folk fanbase.

The Archaic Course is also brutally underrated, even having Vortex on vocals.

Dark Tranquillity has been sucking for so long that I barely remember their first 3 albums as good stuff. They got a
Formula and followed it until now.

How about The Arrival?

Ah yes. Completely agree. Hypocrisy (and a load of those "death metal" Swe bands for that matter) only got actually interesting musically when they gradually moved away from that generic first wave Swe DM sound with big fat power chords and that old gtr sound with the Metalzone and all knobs at max. Hypocrisy only refined their sound overtime and became more and more unique and rare, until about that point and turned mediocre again after that.