Video Game Music

TyrantOfFlames

Of Chaos and Order
Sep 3, 2001
Tralfamador
Visit site
Tell me your favorite video game music composers. I know Belial likes One Winged Angel. I also like the guy who plays the Chrono Cross music. However, I don't know any names. Well?

Nobeu Uematso. Does most of Square's music. By sheer volume of good music, he's probably my favorite.

Definetly Nobuo (Uematso).

Though I know the names of many of his good songs, the name of my favourite work eludes me to this day, and it's the simplest of 'songs'.

From FFVII, once you boot the game and if you let the credits roll without hitting any buttons... that piano/midi solo right there.... it also plays at the VERY end of the game, when the star field is hurtling towards you (it does that till you reset the system).

So simple, yet in my opinion, so moving (Sure, the game itself helps too)

@Alex78: Oh and by the way, I believe most of the music off Quake 2 is by Trent Renzor (Nine Inch Nails) and Quake 3 is done my Sonic Mayhem? Sonic Animation? ... one of those two.....

quake2 was not reznor. Cant remember where I put the box so I can check though.. was some band whos name elude me

edit: doh.. turns out it was sonic mayhem with rob zombie doing the titletrack. I thought it was someone else :]

Originally posted by Spike
@Alex78: Oh and by the way, I believe most of the music off Quake 2 is by Trent Renzor (Nine Inch Nails) and Quake 3 is done my Sonic Mayhem? Sonic Animation? ... one of those two.....

No I think the music of Quake 1 was done by Trent Reznor. I don't know the name of who did the other, but I'm pretty sure TR only did music for the first part.

Nobuo Uemetsu: Amazing
His best work was on FFVII, absolutely stjnning music, some of it can move you to tears (if you've played the game that is)

Anyone know where I can buy (cheaply) the Final Fantasy VII OST???

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
Nobuo Uemetsu: Amazing
His best work was on FFVII, absolutely stjnning music, some of it can move you to tears (if you've played the game that is)

Oh yeah, definately. NO game soundtrack is as good as FF7s. It has such classics as the Bomb Mission track, The Boss Battle theme, Cids Theme, the Shinra Theme, and of course the World Map theme and One Winged Angel.

Hes the master.

FF7 definitely had the best soundtrack ever. DAMN good game too (one of the best I've ever played for sure).

Remember that Doom III preview vid that was released a few months ago... it had this kickass metal song playing, it was Obliveon's Technocarnivore Mothermouth. It's kind of like Meshuggah. I hope Obliveon are making the entire Doom III soundtrack cause that song kicks ass.

First of all, Quake 1 (the best in the series) was the one with Trent Reznor.

Second of all, FF7 (best game ever) is Nobuo Uemetsu's best work.

Another game with awesome music is Castlevania: SOTN.... I can't believe nobody has mentioned that one yet....

Originally posted by Powerslave
Remember that Doom III preview vid that was released a few months ago... it had this kickass metal song playing, it was Obliveon's Technocarnivore Mothermouth. It's kind of like Meshuggah. I hope Obliveon are making the entire Doom III soundtrack cause that song kicks ass.

Actually, Trent Reznor is making the Doom III soundtrack.

I only remember Quake II's soundtrack impressing me and none other.

And because some of you guys asked..

Quake : Trent Reznor

Quake II / III : Front Line Assembly and Sonic Mayhem

I have an old Final Fantasy game(which apparantly isn't considered Final Fantasy) for the Super NES called Mystical Quest or something. Anyway when you get into the doom castle or whatever it's called, there's a great riff. It's like Randy Rhoads in style and then there is a keyboard that comes in doing a lead. Awesome song.