Video Game Music

Definately Nobuo Uematsu, for the final fantasy fame.
One of my fav game soundtracks is definately Valkyrie Profile which was done by Motoi Sakuraba who has done work for lots of Enix games such as Star Ocean. He is probably my favorite game composer overall.
The Silent Hill soundtracks I love, especially Silent Hill 2. That one is my fav game soundtrack.

How could NO ONE mention FFVIII's music!? Liberi Fatali, anyone? The epic, moving piece played during the GREATEST introduction to any game ever! Easily just as good as One Winged Angel, IMO. Also The Landing, the war theme is simply awesome.

Anyway, some of my favourite vg composers are as follows;

Nobuo Uematsu: Final Fantasy fame...possibly the BEST, IMO! FFVII & FFVIII being his BEST work!

Yasunori Mitsuda: Chrono Cross (IMO his BEST work!), Xenogears, Chrono Trigger and the upcoming Xenosaga

Motoi Sakuraba: Valkyrie Profile & Star Ocean fame....his work on Valkyrie Profile in particular is nothing short of stunning!

Hitoshi Sakimoto: Vagrant Story (his BEST! Superb music!) & Final Fantasy Tactics.

And yes, Castlevania: SotN has stunning, STUNNING music indeed. Forget the composers who did the music, but it is marvelous.

Other games with notably awesome music that I don't know the composers' names to;

Ninja Gaiden series, Contra series, ICO (great classical piece in this one!), Soul Blade/Soul Calibur, MGS/MGS2.......

Video Game music rocks, and much of it even surpasses that of what Hollywood's composers are capable of......

I like Mitsuda more than Uematsu.

The Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, and Xenosaga OSTs are simply amazing. ^^

While Uetmatsu has made some..not so good stuff.

*points to Overworld*
Or underworld or whatever the hell it was called.

hmm lets see...chrono trigger had some sweet tunes, zelda(super nintendo), mega man series, castlevania series, the original doom, hehe super mario 2 was quite intresting, goldeneye, thats all i can think of...and bands in midi is awsome too.

Nobeu Uematso writes some incredibly beautiful and deep orchestral stuff, considering it's all for video games. Listen to the piano solo at the beginning of Final Fantasy X (To Zanarkand), and the opening theme of Final Fantasy VIII (Liberi Fatali-translation, Fated Children)

Originally posted by TheMindzI
I only remember Quake II's soundtrack impressing me and none other.

And because some of you guys asked..

Quake : Trent Reznor

Quake II / III : Front Line Assembly and Sonic Mayhem

Yeah, you (and the other fella's) are right.... my bad :oops:

That previous post was just off the top of me 'ed....

10 Points (=1x Mickey Mouse Badge) to whoever can remember the name of the FFVIII song.... It's probably Edea's theme song... they play it and a remix of it when they introduce her, and during the final fight with Ultimacia repectively.....

'Lupus Dominus XXXXX' or something like that..... You know the insane vocal track... operatic singing.... that one....?