Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I wish very much to play Dragon Age, but I refuse to play it on a console and my current pc is too weak!!

I settled for the xbox360 version since I *know* I wont have a PC capable of running it for years now...

and i'm fine with it! fuck you pc nazis. this game is so good, you should be playing it whatever way you can!

8+ hours of epic, crazy storytelling so far, and i've explored maybe 15% of the world. i've been waiting for fucking ever for a game like this! :kickass:

I settled for the xbox360 version since I *know* I wont have a PC capable of running it for years now...

and i'm fine with it! fuck you pc nazis. this game is so good, you should be playing it whatever way you can!

8+ hours of epic, crazy storytelling so far, and i've explored maybe 15% of the world. i've been waiting for fucking ever for a game like this! :kickass:

Maybe I'll save up for a new compy (because I'm a pc nazi), and play this over winter break!

Mate, that's how much games cost retail in this country. $110-120 for new-release PS3/360 games. Which is why I stick to Steam, since most publishers don't realise that their games get sold for 200% markup in our country and sell them at face value around $40-50 USD. Considering the exchange rate at the moment, those savings buy me a new graphics card every 12 months or so.

are you honestly fucking kidding me

like in us america does a game cost 100 dollars in stores

that's super insane

then again i remember paying the equivalent of 120 us dollars in 1995 for certain snes games (yoshi's fuckin island), but at least back then there was sort of a legitimate reason for games to be expensive because rom chips cost a lot, dvd's cost nothing to make

edit: or are you not american perhaps

in my mind everyone on the internet is either swedish or american until proven otherwise

No way dude, yanks pay about $50 a game retail, I'm sure, and the Euronigs something like 30-40 euros, surely. We just get shafted because Australia is "remote" or some shit. Hence: digital distribution.

No way dude, yanks pay about $50 a game retail, I'm sure, and the Euronigs something like 30-40 euros, surely. We just get shafted because Australia is "remote" or some shit. Hence: digital distribution.

They just change the american price tag to euros, so we pay 50% more. I buy online with Steam remotely from my parents computer. That way I pay canadian dollars. Same price as US (up 10-15%), but then less cause of conversion from euros. I have to transfer lump sums every 6 months to my canadian account to pay for my student loan anyway, so I just transfer an extra few hundred to buy games.

I paid $59.99 CAD retail here in Canuckistan edit: for Dragon Age

this game is still killing me with its powerful storytelling.. the origin story for the Dalish elves was great!

I've been losing some major sleep with Dragon Age (for PC of course) lately. Campaign takes a good 60 hours, and thats with only doing half the side shit... about 30 hours into my second build now.

It's almost the baldur's gate game that I've been pining for for years. ALMOST. I have a feeling usermods are really going to bring this game out to it's full potential soon enough though.

Saw my friend play it on console, don't think I'd like it. Isometric view and mouse management are key. Granted, they were nice enough to make the game a bit (see a lot) harder on the PC due to this advantage. Toned it down a bit with the patches, but still pretty fucking hard which is nice to see in a game for once. Sick of games holding my hand. I'd rather watch a movie.

Also bought L4D2 since it was mega cheap (for PC of course) at this local game store the other day that I never go to. 25 Dollars on a one day sale. Said I wasn't gonna buy it until a price drop, and I got lucky stopping in the right place on the right day. Can't argue with buying a 2 week old game for half price.