Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Enjoy. Best game series ever.

Currently slogging my way through Skyrim on the pc. Picking up Mass Effect 3 for the PS3 tomorrow.

Skyrim turned out to be much more fun than I'd expected. Though at the end I got a bit bored of the typical mission structure. They really needed more unique missions like that one uncovering the conspiracy in Morthal (or whatever that western-most city is called).

I might start a new character and this time see how high I can level without killing anything. That could be fun.

Deep into The Witcher 2; flawed interface and some botched up features - like in Act III, they designed this huge, magnificent city where virtually 90% of all NPCs have nothing to say to you besides "Greetings".

On the positive side, splendid design, music and atmosphere, and a great storytelling. The Witcher is currently the best action/RPG series around IMO.

Have some serious issues with the ending to Mass Effect 3. Not for the same whiny reasons a lot of the gamer fanboys have, but rather the plot device used.

I couldn't get past Mass Effect 2, but I thought the issues was the ending was that your decisions didn't matter. It was just an illusion of choice, and that was the point of the ME series.

picked up some Wii Lego Indiana Jones joint for the boy and that Goldeneye redux they released a couple years ago. Couldnt resist...although I'll likely never get a chance to play it.
The dude at the store mentioned something about Wii becoming obsolete. Nice to hear Glad I just bought one. :lol:

Acie/Agalloch, either one of you lads going to EVOlution this weekend?

Didn't go this year because I'm lacking a lag free monitor so I haven't been able to play any fighting games lately. When I get money I'm gonna start it up again.

Just played through Beyond Good and Evil and I can't believe I've slept on this one for so many years. One of the very best adventure games ever made, with some kick-ass game mechanics and varied types of action (chase, fight, stealth, exploration, RPG, etc.), great writing and storyline with a funtastic atmosphere. Only complaint: it's just about 10 hours... A sequel has supposedly been in develoment since forever but they apparently lack moneyz. Shame...

i have that actually

i played through most of it and liked it a lot but didn't finish it (i don't usually finish games)

maybe i'll return to it sometime (in 2038 or so)

So, no one around here likes old games like Betrayal at Krondor, Quest for Glory, Ultima, Blood etc..? :bah:

I also like stealth games. I hope I can find my game soul mate one day.. it has to be a girl, though. Guys have no taste ;) (oh yeah, I'm so going to get flamed now).
I'm currently playing Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and I'm a little bit disappointed so far. The character's symptoms of fear (especially the agonizing inability to hold balance) are gone. Basically, it lacks the sense of real horror the first game was able to transmit. It's not a bad game, though, I just grew fond of the freak out scenes of the first one. Everyone loves a coward ;)