Video Games Thread

Legacy of Kain is a classic indeed... Blood Omen ONLY. The rest... eh.

Speaking of classics, i'm rounding out my PS1 RPG collection and just got mint copies of Alundra and Alundra 2. Exxxcellent.

DIABLO 3!? Are you sure? I'll google it RIGHT NOW!!

Anyway I love RPGs and FPSs. Phantasy Star, Timesplitters, Call of Duty, Tales of Symphonia (of which theres a sequel in the making) that sort of thing.

Tales of the Abyss is coming out in like two months... its gonna be sweet!

Diablo 3 looks like more of the same... not really all that juiced about it.

Now Soul Caliber 4 of the other hand... Yeeeesssss.... anyone whose got it better give me their X-Box live account so you can get murdered cuz its got online play

Tales of the Abyss is coming out in like two months... its gonna be sweet!

Diablo 3 looks like more of the same... not really all that juiced about it.

Now Soul Caliber 4 of the other hand... Yeeeesssss.... anyone whose got it better give me their X-Box live account so you can get murdered cuz its got online play

Diablo 3 looks A LOT better than its predecessor and looks way more entertaining and filled with violence and blood shed!

I've been playing tons of Assassin's Creed, not to mention my second playthrough of Mass Effect. Mass Effect is without a doubt my favorite "modern" game (Final Fantasies are still on the top), just such a breathtaking experience. I was literally getting shivers down my spine during the last hour, noticing my grip getting tighter on my mouse.

Now, Assassin's Creed has so far been an amazing experience. The parkour is executed flawlessly, providing endless fun and excitement. Many people have been complaining about the boring repetition of the investigations. While it is true that they are repetitive, I just can't seem to get bored :D. My only complaint is the absence of nighttime, NINJA ACTION FTW!

Now I'm only waiting for two things: Wrath of the Lich King, and Mirror's Edge. WotLK just because it will be awesome and epic, and Mirror's Edge because it's something new, following in the footsteps of Assassin's Creed. A true parkour game. Finally a FPS without shooting, a First Person Game! If you haven't already, check out this video of the demo for Mirror's Edge, it looks like it's going to be fantastic!

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fK5i2e-PQ[/ame]

Diablo 3 looks A LOT better than its predecessor and looks way more entertaining and filled with violence and blood shed!

Yeah the graphics have been spruced up a little bit, but for me, the last 15 years of dungeon crawlers has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. There is nothing to show so far that there are any new gameplay mechanics that would make the title worth slugging through. Diablo is a series from a dead genre that has been beaten down and done so many times its all but impossible to find anything worth playing in it.

Mass Effect on the other hand... an absolute, hands down masterpiece, one I have played a total of four times through so far, and CANNOT wait for the sequel.

Yeah the graphics have been spruced up a little bit, but for me, the last 15 years of dungeon crawlers has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. There is nothing to show so far that there are any new gameplay mechanics that would make the title worth slugging through. Diablo is a series from a dead genre that has been beaten down and done so many times its all but impossible to find anything worth playing in it.

Really? From all I've seen and read, I'm quite excited about D3. Then again, I've been playing the Diablo games for almost 10 years now, so I could be biased. :D However, it does seem that the "mechanics" are going to be different enough to make it a whole new game, at least to me, but I could be just buying into my own hopefulness. ;)

However, I will have to check out this Mass Effect. When it comes to gaming, I am hopelessly stuck on my old favorites for the most part, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard of it before.

Shaye

From what I've seen of previews and/or game descriptions, I'm inclined to go with Thorns on this one: Diablo is a dead genre, a genre that's been pulled and torn in many directions too many times by too many people. Anything that the Blizzard people will add to Diablo will inevitably make it seem like "more of the same" because the game, in principle, has been seen in so many different flavours (sure, WoW, Lineage and all those games are not really the same, but deep down, in essence, they have the same features as the first and/or second diablo). I personally am not waiting for D3 for that reason; if it turns out good, then fine. If it doesn't, oh well.
That said, Blizzard's great showdown will be Starcraft 2. Now that looks promising, especially since some of the new units are just nasty and that the only few proper RTS games I've played recently always had a "nuke race" kind of technological tree - SC2 does not seem to share that. We'll see how it goes; but I'll be buying SC2 on the first day.

Keep in mind, this was purely personal. Some true dungeon-crawling fans might've noticed something I did not notice about D3 :)

I started playing Medieval 2 Total War today. Seems like a hell of a game, but almost identical to Rome. It feels more like an expansion that an entirely new game. Still, Rome is the best Strategy game I've ever played, and Medieval 2 is just as good :)

well i mostly play
Warrock, Call of Duty 4 and some Combat Arms rarely
and if i find the time ill return to my old favourite classic Aliens vs. Predator 2 :)

but hey if u wanna play some games with me on any of these games add me on xfire and message me
darktrexcz