Video Games!

I just went to Game Stop
(Golf Mill, Niles, IL! My kind of town, right Vito?)

Anyhow, they did not have the Aerosmith game for $9.99. What system?

They had just the game for the Wii for $17.99.

I just went to Game Stop
(Golf Mill, Niles, IL! My kind of town, right Vito?)

Anyhow, they did not have the Aerosmith game for $9.99. What system?

They had just the game for the Wii for $17.99.

golf-mill-29.jpg

Niles for the win!

I think that Aerosmith game deal might just be for the XBOX 360.

I almost worked at that game stop during high school. It was called Babbages back then though.

To show how hip and with-it I am, I'll point out that I just bought a PS2 last summer, and have now purchased a used copy of Resident Evil 4 which I'll start playing soon.

I now return you to converse amongst yourselves about your fancy 2009 technology. :)

Ken

There are 9 consoles up here with a 10th on the way. Only the Wii and DS are really mine. The others are extended loans from nerds too sentimental to toss or sell them (see also: mine per girlfriends or spouses who want some space in the attic or den). Works out fairly well. The dead systems came with full libraries. The active ones, I know some major league trend surfers who will get bored with a game within a month and can score loans on damn near any US title.
Am picking up a batch of Wii stuff this weekend. Sonic and the Black Knight, Mad World, Boom Blox, that Zombies in a Mall Chop Til you Drop game, Broken Sword reissue, and a few others. Should be one or two gems in the batch that keep me busy for another six months.

So what games for the Wii do folks recommend?

I hear ya Paul. My wife is already saying, "We need Disney Sing It, Wii Fit, etc, etc"

What non-kid games are essential for Wii?
I am planning on getting Guitar Hero Metallica, eventually.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance....

Do you mean literally playground games, like kickball?

I have the Wii sports and the Wii play, if that's what you mean.

That does sound awesome. It's called Wii Playground?
I will look into it.

I wish there was a way to post your Mii, as I think mine really does look a lot like me!

The wii doesn't have a plethora of non-kidish gaming choices. Nintendo is historically resistant to such things. Take the Final Fight series on the SNES. Transsexuals were changed into men to avoid any women's rights issues. In one of the games, the American edition had animation frames pulled from a female's rising split kick to avoid underwear display.
The closest thing the company themselves have to an adult series is Metroid. I've yet to scope the Wii version but I believe it's a continuation of their first-person perspective style where you fend off aliens while exploring their planet and seeking quasi-mystical objects. Not really sure though.
Third-party wise, there are a few more choices. Sports wise, I honestly prefer Nintendo's kid-friendly intuitive titles. Super Mario Sluggers involves shit like swinging the wii-mote as a bat at just the right time so a gorilla with a giant surfboard can nail the ball with a special move that turns it into a banana bomb.
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition exists. You play a cop trying to rescue a girl from unrelenting psychotic villagers whom you must also survive yourself. It's chock full of thrills, chills, and gore.
I'm also being told Mad World is pretty incredible. It's certainly got graphical style. The art is B&W faux-Sin City with bits of gore and blood in vivid red. Give me a week and I'll let you know how the bitch plays.

Otherwise, I am big on Super Mario Galaxy where everyone's favorite plumber tries to gather magical star fragments to revive a ship while jumping around in interesting gravity fields. Then there's Nights: Journey Into Dreams which is a sequel to a long-buried Sega Saturn title from around 1995 that retains alot of the fun air acrobatics while maybe over stressing the human hunt n find shit a bit much.

The wife and I are planning on getting a Wii. I don't own any modern game systems but this one seems like it's got stuff that's up our alley. I have no interest whatsoever in games about bloody battles or stealing cars or transsexual zombies or any such thing, lol. Sports games, music-related games, even the Wii Fit, all are things I'd be more likely to use so it seems to make sense.

^ Bwahahaha, transexual zombies, that's cool! :headbang:

The Wii is great. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I have a few sports games, and I really like Wii Sports (especially bowling). Wii Playground sounds like a blast! I'll have to look in to that.

We got Wii Disney Sing It for my daughter, but she doesn't seem to dig it much. Maybe when she gets a little older. I'd like to see a Wii Novembers Doom Sing It edition. :cool: