Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Errr.. "Upon realizing how severly damaged his brain was, Skalla-Grimm decided that future generations would not have to endure his menancing low IQ, hence killing his own daughter and cattle.."

Blodørn;6117417 said:
Quoted from wikipedia: "Kveld-Ulf's son, referred to as Skalla-Grimm, was a berserker. Kveld-Ulf and Skalla-Grimm are both depicted as irascible and violent throughout the saga. One commits suicide and the latter kills his offspring." haha, what an ownage move.. killing your own offspring, way to go!

Damn, I actually don't remember that happening at all.
I remember one incident where I think Egil is wrestling with his dad and friend, and Skalla-grim kills Egil's friend and some maid.

Tyra/Bates help my mind right now >_<

I think Wikipedia's wrong on that, or it's not in Egil's saga, but a different one. Of course, it's 0700 and I could've just missed it when I reread the beginning parts this morning. Need more caffeine.
You guys already found the only similar incidents I can think of or find, either.

[Valknut answer coming up:]
ok, I think I got the nine-worlds-thing sorted out now. (I still don't see them as seperate "worlds" though, they are just different places ... but whatever).

As for the interpretation-thing .... I almost suspected something like this. I'm not a fan of this guesswork either.
Specially when it comes to "magic numbers", I'm the last one to agree. (There are a lot of rather funny relations with numbers out there. You could basically take ANY number and find a lot of stuff which is related to it, if you only look hard enough.)
So I guess I'm still on the right track. Good to know, thanks!! :)

See, I'm the opposite, I see them as nine separate worlds, but not as three solid ones, I guess becasue each has its own type of inhabitant (or whatever you want to call them) and habitat.

Hehe, if you're not a fan of guesswork you're going to get driven up a wall trying to figure stuff out. :p That's why I try to stick with the basics, and just worry about the other stuff when I'm drinking ;)

Well, I'm a scientist, so I actually have to do a lot of guesswork, but I usually can do some calculations to see if my guessing was correct ;)
When I'm drunk however, I don't seem to do a lot of thinking (or guessing) at all :p

^:lol: That was awesome, especially the part with:
# "Thorni f*cked. Helgi carved" (the official guidebooks usually tone this inscription down)
# "Ingigerth is the most beautiful of all women" (carved beside a rough drawing of a slavering dog)

:lol::lol::lol:

^:lol: That was awesome, especially the part with:
# "Thorni f*cked. Helgi carved" (the official guidebooks usually tone this inscription down)
# "Ingigerth is the most beautiful of all women" (carved beside a rough drawing of a slavering dog)

:lol::lol::lol:

lmao what's with the new pic Seraphim???? it looks..... umm.... well i dont know what to say about it lol

In that way we have something in common with the christians, only that for christians it's not "who can't handle it" its those who try to handle it..

Blodørn;6126802 said:
In that way we have something in common with the christians, only that for christians it's not "who can't handle it" its those who try to handle it..

i wouldnt even waste my time with something that is so pointless