Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

Attending a Stone beer festival in Brussels in a few weeks.

This brewery who's beer on tap rarely, if ever, gets to Europe, shall present 30, yes 30!! taps for us:

Stone Pale Ale
Stone India Pale Ale
Stone Smoked Porter
Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Levitation Ale
Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone Old Guardian Barely Wine
Stone Old Guardian Belgo-Barely Wine
Double Bastard Ale with Chipotle Peppers
Double Bastard Ale
2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout
Stone 09.09.09 Vertical Epic Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels
Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale
Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale
Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA
Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
21st Amendment / Firestone Walker / Stone El Camino (Un)Real
Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF
Crime
Jason Fields & Kevin Sheppard / Troegs / Stone Cherry Chocolate Stout
Baird / Ishii / Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA
Double Dry Hopped Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans
OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale
2005 Double Bastard Ale

Sounds interesting. Will you try them all?

Well I 'started' drinking about 4 years ago, and I still don't like any of it.. I'm sure that if I get enough over a period that is long enough, it will change. But I'm not open to that, I still don't like it! :rofl:

Drinking is not a requirement. :D No amount of peer pressure or social convention is worth feeling like shit the morning after if on top of everything else you don't even enjoy it.

Don't worry. It's cheaper and healthier without alcohol anyway.

Never hangovers, never embarrassing situations induced by alcohol... *sigh*

Drinking is not a requirement. :D No amount of peer pressure or social convention is worth feeling like shit the morning after if on top of everything else you don't even enjoy it.

Yes. This is my point of view too :p However it pisses me off whenever I'm with people who does, and they're like "Why do you not drink? What? When? Whywhywhywhy!?" :bah:

They should be happy to hear "because I don't" and then shut up.

Is it really their problem that you don't drink?

Over here it can be bad too, seems some get personally insulted when you're not drinking and need a valid reason for you to insure them they are not doing something wrong and you are actually the strange one.

Accepted is:
I'm pregnant (only works for women)
I'm driving

yeah, that's pretty much the only acceptable ones it seems.

Whever I have my "white months" I get a lot of "dude, what's up"" but I guess that's to expect since I usually drink beer at certain places.
Though explaining to them the reasons behing it is usually enough, though some try and force alcohol on me anyhow, nobody wants to drink alone, right?

Just hang in there, and if you don't like alcohol for whatever reason, don't drink it.

If you want to get away with similar to beer drinking, try alcohol free beer and see how that agress with you. Pour it in a glass and it's looks like you're drinking with the "cool" kids ;)

By drinking good beers I have decreased my tolerance for bad and mass produced beers. I don't even drink wine or hard liquor anymore because I found all I needed in craft beers. It is not unusual for me to go out and choose not to drink because the place doesn't offer anything interesting. Although I've been trying more and more teas since my brother manages a store, and he had me tried some crazy variants from all over the world. I have also decreased my tolerance in being around people who cannot handle their alcohol and find an urge to ridicule themselves and those around them after a few drinks, thus I only go to specialty beer bars.

I believe you can have as much fun by not drinking or same as not smoking but sometimes you do get the oddball feeling in the group.

I agree Belgar. And why do ppl ask why one doesn't drink but never ask why one doesn't smoke?

Smokers are very contented and tolerant as long they've got enough cigarettes in their bags.:heh: There is no need to ask.
Smokers are earnest people, they know that they are addicted, they know that smoking is bullshit, they wouldn't dare to ask.

Don't know, perhaps one reason is that alcohol takes an influence on one's sense for a while.... So a non-drinker often is considered as grinch? killjoy? or something like that. In any case the constitutions of both usually are different when one is drinking, the other person not. The non-drinker is like always, the drinker isn't like always.:Spin: So maybe it's just that difference... Let's say they are not in the same boat that evening then. Depends on mental attitudes of course.
If you smoke a cigarette, ok that's it, you smoke, there is fume, but there is not such a big influence on your constitution, sense in that moment. (Though you are addicted of course...) If you don't smoke, ok, you don't smoke, there is no fume, that's all. No big difference.
But if there's a group of joint smokers and someone refuses to smoke... I guess it would be the same as with the alcohol.....
Ok :erk:... thanks for tolerance regarding my English....:heh::(

They should be happy to hear "because I don't" and then shut up.

Is it really their problem that you don't drink?

Over here it can be bad too, seems some get personally insulted when you're not drinking and need a valid reason for you to insure them they are not doing something wrong and you are actually the strange one.

Yeah, I agree completely, they should be happy with that, or at least stop nagging, but they treat me like a sick and strange person. I don't know one single person who doesn't drink, besides myself - I find it really peculiar.

Accepted is:
I'm pregnant (only works for women)
I'm driving

yeah, that's pretty much the only acceptable ones it seems.

Whever I have my "white months" I get a lot of "dude, what's up"" but I guess that's to expect since I usually drink beer at certain places.
Though explaining to them the reasons behing it is usually enough, though some try and force alcohol on me anyhow, nobody wants to drink alone, right?

I don't have drivers license, not to speak about a car - and guess what... I don't like driving either!

Just hang in there, and if you don't like alcohol for whatever reason, don't drink it.

If you want to get away with similar to beer drinking, try alcohol free beer and see how that agress with you. Pour it in a glass and it's looks like you're drinking with the "cool" kids ;)

Well I sure don't plan to drink it unless I start liking it of course. But, the weird thing is that when I go to the pub with buddies, and they order beer and whatnot, I order a coke. Whereever we go, the bartender is like 'What, just coke? No rum or anything in it?'

Soooo tired of it.......

Well I sure don't plan to drink it unless I start liking it of course. But, the weird thing is that when I go to the pub with buddies, and they order beer and whatnot, I order a coke. Whereever we go, the bartender is like 'What, just coke? No rum or anything in it?'

Soooo tired of it.......

Well, then accept you are a square peg and be proud of not fitting in a round hole. :lol::lol::lol: that's being a rebel in a completely different way. :loco:

I really don't get the mass drinking culture sometimes- Choosing a bar for the prices, not the quality or variety of drinks. Drinking until your standards lower so much you will think a bacardi breezer or cheap arse beer/cider seems like a good idea. Drinking for the sake of getting drunk rather than it being a side effect... Unfortunately that means there's not many people I can go out drinking with :erk: But I won't have that problem for a few months. Not being able to drink is not bothering me one bit. Except when they don't have alcohol free beer. It's all about choice.

My husband only drinks malt whisky about once a month, for the taste, and just two or three at the very most- after the second he stops enjoying it because he says his palate gets overloaded. And he resents bar prices too, that's another one. So It's diet coke all the way until he gets tired of it.

And when we order at the bar, one decent beer and one diet coke, and they bring it to the table... guess who the waiter decides should get which one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So what I was saying about your taste developing- things changed since i was a teenager but at the same time didn't- I already avoided the binge drinking culture and if I did not want to have a third or fourth drink I did say no rather than go with the flow, but had more of a sweet tooth and liked other things that I would not touch now. :heh:

Well, then accept you are a square peg and be proud of not fitting in a round hole. :lol::lol::lol: that's being a rebel in a completely different way. :loco:

I really don't get the mass drinking culture sometimes- Choosing a bar for the prices, not the quality or variety of drinks. Drinking until your standards lower so much you will think a bacardi breezer or cheap arse beer/cider seems like a good idea. Drinking for the sake of getting drunk rather than it being a side effect... Unfortunately that means there's not many people I can go out drinking with :erk: But I won't have that problem for a few months. Not being able to drink is not bothering me one bit. Except when they don't have alcohol free beer. It's all about choice.

My husband only drinks malt whisky about once a month, for the taste, and just two or three at the very most- after the second he stops enjoying it because he says his palate gets overloaded. And he resents bar prices too, that's another one. So It's diet coke all the way until he gets tired of it.

And when we order at the bar, one decent beer and one diet coke, and they bring it to the table... guess who the waiter decides should get which one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

'Well, then accept you are a square peg and be proud of not fitting in a round hole. :lol::lol::lol: that's being a rebel in a completely different way. :loco:'

I haven't accepted it totally yet, but I'm on the way I think... :rofl:

'Mass drinking culture...'

I must admit that I think it is retarded too... Fine, go get a few beers if they taste good and whatnot, but people like (example) my cousin who can drink FIFTEEN in an hour is madness... I just don't get it.. And then on Mondays, he goes on to brag about how he can't remember anything from Friday afternoon through Sunday... Just doesn't make any sense to me.

I got a date with Gnoff ... party like it's 1999 again in Sweden.

OMG, I'm so nervous, I'll be having beers before you arrive to calm my nerves!

Seriously though, I'll be in town due to some other stuff so I won't go back to work later after mid day or so, have not much to do, so I'l scope out Ölrepubliken for you and have my first beers since end of July, awaiting your arrival :kickass:

See ya tonight!

'Mass drinking culture...'

I must admit that I think it is retarded too... Fine, go get a few beers if they taste good and whatnot, but people like (example) my cousin who can drink FIFTEEN in an hour is madness... I just don't get it.. And then on Mondays, he goes on to brag about how he can't remember anything from Friday afternoon through Sunday... Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Yep, I also don't get the sense in doing so...but well, if somebody thinks they need to do that let them do what they do...
I for myself drink on very rarely occasions like Festivals, Birthday Parties and stuff like that and I never got beyond that point where I can't remember stuff.
I think beer tastes absolutely horrible so I stick to fruit liquors and other sweet things :D
Of course being bavarian and not drinking beer gets me some strange looks sometimes but never had any "problems" with my friends regarding this ^^

I think beer tastes absolutely horrible so I stick to fruit liquors and other sweet things :D
Of course being bavarian and not drinking beer gets me some strange looks sometimes but never had any "problems" with my friends regarding this ^^

Try Astra, Bavarian! New horizons of taste and......... headache will arise! ;):D