Vortex and the last DB

DarksomePoet

Il Poeta di Morte
What do you think about "Death cult armageddon"?
I've listened to it and I can say that it really sux.
...and I have the impression that Vortex' talent is wasted on that band: Shagrath's vocals are kinda supereffectated shit.
Maybe Simen needs money in this period...ehehe...that's the point:Spin:
bye!

i think it's an awesome album. also, i think that when simen uses his vocals sparingly the way he does, it draws more attention to them and makes them stand out more. kinda, balances out the fact that he's not singing a whole lot.

I love DCA, and Simen gives a great performance. I certainly agree that there is too little of him though. I do infact like Shagrath's vocals though.

I havent got Death Cult Armageddon yet, so does he not use his apple much then? although......
I do like the lamented Souls voice he uses a lot.... it sounds as he releases much expression or emotion when singing and that his voice is of course many is an entity worth unleashing.

SonOfAbyss said:
I havent got Death Cult Armageddon yet, so does he not use his apple much then? although......
I do like the lamented Souls voice he uses a lot.... it sounds as he releases much expression or emotion when singing and that his voice is of course many is an entity worth unleashing.
What are you waiting for...
I also agree with many that CDA is dimmus best album.

I've read that Vortex sings in two songs. Which songs?

I´m not into Dimmu Borgir, but I want to hear Vortex singing :)

The album is great, Simen is great, but my main problem lies with Dimmu's image. I have no problem with corpse paint, and the way the new album is presented in a sorta thematic way is really cool too [just checked out the pics of the video and the booklet in their website], but my problem lies with naked chicks.

Yeah, naked chicks. I also hated the way Cradle had used naked chicks, and I now hate Dimmu for doing that cheap-ass trick too. Mikael of Opeth had said something in the lines of "music should never be exceeded by visual extras" and that's what naked chicks do; what's the difference between 80s glam bands and Dimmu now that they have one common thing in their videos...

You might think I'm screwed up, but I really hate cheap commercial antics...

TB666 said:
Songs 2 and 7
Yep, and track 7 "Allehelgens..." is probably my pick for the best of the album. OK, so I need a few more listens yet, but my initial opinion is that it's a good album. However, it's not the masterpiece that "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" was. Buy the album, and enjoy it for what it is, but don't expect another PEM...