Vortex to do Guest Vocals on New Borknagar Album

I hope this doesn't becomes on something annoying like 'now Simen has to return and Andreas.. go home!'

To have Simen, Andreas and Lars on the same album is totally insane...

I hope this doesn't becomes on something annoying like 'now Simen has to return and Andreas.. go home!'

To have Simen, Andreas and Lars on the same album is totally insane...

Yeh, I think it would be awesome, although I think all three singing on one song would be bad unless they did it just right, but that's just my opinion, I can see itsung like 'Masters of Diguise' with Simen singing a bit in the background. You know, or it'd be nice for Him to have his own song, same with Lars.

And no, I don't think it will become a 'WE WANT SIMEN BACK' thing because I think Mr. V fits the band more, also, Vortex is just way to fucking busy :lol:

Allfader is right its totally insane.

Dude, you're the first troll I've seen on this board, congrats :lol:

You know, or it'd be nice for Him to have his own song, same with Lars.

I liked White from origin cause Lars sings as lead voice too. I don't know what think the band about it but would be awesome if Lars can sing alone sometimes or be backed up by Andreas, does some things like the intro for Over Aegirs Vidstragte Sletter, as example, you know, to change roles sometimes.

Simen with his own song? That wont happen, maybe Andreas will do harsh vocals till the chorus and Simen goes with clean singing on it, backed up by Andreas and Lars (andreas harsh, lars clean vocals, or something like that).

I liked White from origin cause Lars sings as lead voice too. I don't know what think the band about it but would be awesome if Lars can sing alone sometimes or be backed up by Andreas, does some things like the intro for Over Aegirs Vidstragte Sletter, as example, you know, to change roles sometimes.

Simen with his own song? That wont happen, maybe Andreas will do harsh vocals till the chorus and Simen goes with clean singing on it, backed up by Andreas and Lars (andreas harsh, lars clean vocals, or something like that).

I love the song White as well, truly amazing. And I agree it would be cool if they switched roles and Lars got to do lead but I still think the frontman should be Andreas. And yeah I don't forsee Simen getting his own song nor do I think that would be a good thing for the album, just wishful thinking. I think the song would be Vortex and Vintersorg singing (not sure who would do what), I doubt any of Lars except maybe a small background presence.

Yeh, I think it would be awesome, although I think all three singing on one song would be bad unless they did it just right, but that's just my opinion, I can see itsung like 'Masters of Diguise' with Simen singing a bit in the background. You know, or it'd be nice for Him to have his own song, same with Lars.

And no, I don't think it will become a 'WE WANT SIMEN BACK' thing because I think Mr. V fits the band more, also, Vortex is just way to fucking busy :lol:

Dude, you're the first troll I've seen on this board, congrats :lol:

Thanks for the compliment but Im no troll, actually one of the first people to be on this forum, insane is a good thing.

Thanks for the compliment but Im no troll, actually one of the first people to be on this forum, insane is a good thing.

Well I thought you were being sarcastic and baiting, typical troll attributes :p But no matter :kickass: Still looking forward to reading this interview just to see what was actually saif and then maybe waiti for some kind of actual confirmation.

P.S. Wtf happened to Asgeir, he used to visit so much!

I love the song White as well, truly amazing. And I agree it would be cool if they switched roles and Lars got to do lead but I still think the frontman should be Andreas. And yeah I don't forsee Simen getting his own song nor do I think that would be a good thing for the album, just wishful thinking. I think the song would be Vortex and Vintersorg singing (not sure who would do what), I doubt any of Lars except maybe a small background presence.

Sure, The Frontman must be Andreas of course, but could be interesting some Lars lead vocals ocasionally.

*Maybe this guys are totally insane and will switch the lead vocals through all the song, or at least, could be interesting.

*Maybe Garm will be present too :zombie::loco::loco::loco: (*just kidding)

Once this is confirmed, I'm probably gonna be twice as excited about the new album, I mean Vintersorg is amazing by himself, but if Vortex is performing as well, as well as Lars doing back-ups or something, it's gonna sound epic! (no pun intended).

it would be really funny if his guest appearance was only to play bass and not even sing. i would feel bad for him then.

but seriously, i'm not getting my hopes up about some epic song just because he's singing on it...vortex has many flaws and isn't perfect, just like everyone else. I'm not expecting another colossus, especially since vortex is getting old, fat, and washed up. I don't even want to think about it until I hear the album actually, I'd rather my mind be fresh and surprised by whatever he does on the album(if this is even true).

it would be really funny if his guest appearance was only to play bass and not even sing. i would feel bad for him then.

but seriously, i'm not getting my hopes up about some epic song just because he's singing on it...vortex has many flaws and isn't perfect, just like everyone else. I'm not expecting another colossus, especially since vortex is getting old, fat, and washed up. I don't even want to think about it until I hear the album actually, I'd rather my mind be fresh and surprised by whatever he does on the album(if this is even true).

He does have flaws yes, no one here thinks he is perfect (or anyone is perfect)... but he definitely isn't fat, nor old (even though he did say to me he felt like it :lol:) and he is far from washed up :lol: He will be in projects (including a solo endeavor) for years to come :lol:

At least he hasn't gone to shit the way Vintersorg did.

:lol: Now they can't let him sing because all the Borknagar fans will divide and kill eachother!

Or just shrug and buy the newest release.

I'm pretty agnostic as to who the actual singer is, they all have their plusses and minuses.

i agree with that, and i'll always buy there newest release. I have faith in oystein not to let borknagar go on a downward spiral. The old bald knows what hes doing.