Vortex to do Guest Vocals on New Borknagar Album

All Asgeir said was that it's not a done deal until Simen actually goes out and does it. Just means it's been discussed and maybe (maybe!!!!) even agreed to in principle but you never know with a guy who's priority is Dimmu Borgir. Just the nature of things.

If it happens, cool, if not, whatever. We got Mr.V and Borky releasing a new album, if Vortex contributes it's just gravy on the top.

If it does happen, it will probably be minimal. I doubt he would get "a 10 minute epic". Are any Bork songs over 10 minutes? I don't keep track.

I don't understand how Vintersorg has gone to shit, maybe gone too experimental for some tastes...but shit? I don't like somethings he's done or attempted to do, but overall he mostly improves. Solens Rotter is a good example of improvement, the melodies on that album are incredible. And that wasn't recorded 7 years ago.

It also sucks we can't accurately tell if Vortex has improved, because he sings so little with dimmu...fuck that band.

If it does happen, it will probably be minimal. I doubt he would get "a 10 minute epic". Are any Bork songs over 10 minutes? I don't keep track.

I don't understand how Vintersorg has gone to shit, maybe gone too experimental for some tastes...but shit? I don't like somethings he's done or attempted to do, but overall he mostly improves. Solens Rotter is a good example of improvement, the melodies on that album are incredible. And that wasn't recorded 7 years ago.

It also sucks we can't accurately tell if Vortex has improved, because he sings so little with dimmu...fuck that band.
They are layered in Dimmu, which is why his cleans in Dimmu seem to sound better than those on the Borknagar stuff, or at least to me anyways.

I'm happy and all for the Dimmu guys because a lot of their members have made good music at some point in their careers, and I'm sure the band financially is a windfall for its members... but you're totally right. Vortex is a huge fucken waste in that band. They haven't released anything good since enthrone, and even that album only had a couple of good songs.

Vortex and Hellhammer should start Arcturus again. =)

I'm happy and all for the Dimmu guys because a lot of their members have made good music at some point in their careers, and I'm sure the band financially is a windfall for its members... but you're totally right. Vortex is a huge fucken waste in that band. They haven't released anything good since enthrone, and even that album only had a couple of good songs.

Vortex and Hellhammer should start Arcturus again. =)

Well I wouldn't say "anything" good you know? PEM is a good album IMO, but EDT is definitely their best :headbang: .

Hellhammer and Vortex are definitely a waste in Dimmu, but well, what can we do? If they're happy there, let them be. If not, then the third-brightest-star in the firmament seen from Earth should shine again :) .

Awww man I miss them :ill: .

^In Sorte Diaboli is good, though a lot less symphonic than usual.

I don't like it. Dimmu had lost all glimpse of songwriting since Galder is on the band, but Shagrath sounds less robotic there.

It's my idea or the Vortex part on the sacrilegious scorn sounds totally borky-esque and the clean chorus on the serpentine offering sounds arcturus(sideshow symphonies)-esque?

ISD It's better than DCA IMO but worst than the rest for me. I can dig Dimmu until EBD and from PEM just sympozium and the maelstrom mephisto.