Vortex to do Guest Vocals on New Borknagar Album

^I still don't have DCA but really like Heavenly Perverse and Alleghens Dod off of it. So what's Arcturus-like about ISD? This isn't the first time I read that similarity.

Did u heard Arcturus's Sideshow Symphonies? do it and you'll notice it (the singer is Simen, btw).

The Mustis work sounds like Arcturus sometimes, specially the carnival-esque keys on the sacrilegious scorn and the invaluable darkness... maybe that's the reason I found better this album.

btw: I hate the fact all songs starts with 'The' and have 3 words.

^In Sorte Diaboli is good, though a lot less symphonic than usual.

Yeah I agree. I totally disregarded it after I bought it, sounded too straightforward metal. It sat on the shelf for a few months...then one day I put it on, and it blew my mind!

(needs more vortex though)

Well I wouldn't say "anything" good you know? PEM is a good album IMO, but EDT is definitely their best :headbang: .

Hellhammer and Vortex are definitely a waste in Dimmu, but well, what can we do? If they're happy there, let them be. If not, then the third-brightest-star in the firmament seen from Earth should shine again :) .

Awww man I miss them :ill: .

Actually, I think you're right. I remember now listening to PEM and actually seeing them live when they released it. It was alright. But when I put it on now, it feels a bit ho hum. But the same is true of EDT. Stromblast is the only Dimmu album that has stood the test of time for me...

Meh. ISD had The Invaluable Darkness which is one of Simen's best performances ever, so I liked it.

Not that I don't literally hope Shagrath takes a bullet to the head.

I have no problem with Shagraths harsh vocals. I'm angry that the little bastard is arrogant enough to have the best singer in the world in his band and use him as little as he does.

:lol: Oh you guys kill me....

Anyways, I think Simen prefers to be in Dimmu doing what he does as opposed to being the lead man. I mean, the man himself said he was lazy :p I think that doing less work for more money is something EVERYONE would prefer, I know I would.

That's probably my least favorite Vortex performance. Sounds a bit Opeth-y, though.

Well, it's certainly catchy, but far too short to be called one of his best... And I don't find it 'opeth-y'... I am really not an Opeth fan at all so :lol: and just to add my two-cents I loved ISD, I wasn't too fond at first but it grew on me after a few listens.

Eh, on topic is boring. We've already discussed Simen and Borknagar to no end.

I expect for a good while this board will be filled with jackasses saying "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW ALBUM I'M SO EXCITED! I LIKED EMPIRICISM THE MOST I HOPE IT'S LIKE THAT! OOO I LIKED THE ARCHAIC COURSE THE MOST! OHHH I DIDN'T LIKE ORIGIN!".

I hope The Archaic Course comes in this week for me.
Jesus Camp? I wanted to see that movie but I don't think I could watch it with my family, because they'd think the people on the movie are doing a great job brainwashing the kiddies, and they don't like biased anti-God and religion stuff. :lol: