Vortex to do Guest Vocals on New Borknagar Album

That's a big problem cause I see no reason to be replaced and that won't happen. On the next Borky albums the singer will be Andreas for sure... I hope you can dig to Vintersorg someday.

Damn, it was a joke!! (but Simen sucks there, c'mon... is out ov key, with breathing problems, etx - if you see the comments, I'm on the Simen side).

Hey, accept it, Vintersorg is the singer for Borknagar now, Simen is wasting his talent and time on Dimmu.

He may be wasting his talent but not his time, he makes a great living doing minimal work, I applaud him for finding such a great job :lol:

I have some Vintersorg bootlegs (from Vintersorg and Otyg) and he sings very well there.

I didn't say he CAN'T sing well live, but if I add up and compared all the bootlegs I have from the two, one clearly emerges as superior when it comes to live performances.

I accept Simen being gone, I don't accept Vintersorg being the singer.

I accept him gone, and I accept Mr V as the new singer. WHY CANT WE LIKE BOTH GODDAMNIT!?

Yeah, like the Inferno 2001 live bootleg.
:lol::lol: Yeah.

I haven't seen any Borknagar DVD's or performances, I seen Vortex on the Dimmu Stormblast DVD video on youtube and he was good live.

Being that 99% of us are NEVER going to see Borknagar anyways does live performance really matter? V layers his vocals to create a massive choir of voices, with lots of harmonies and stuff. You simply CANNOT replicate that live. Just like there were lots of different guitar tracks going on on Epic despite the fact that there was only one guitar player... overdubs: it's what's happening. Deal with it!

Hey Zephyrus has the full interview been posted online yet?

Being that 99% of us are NEVER going to see Borknagar anyways does live performance really matter? V layers his vocals to create a massive choir of voices, with lots of harmonies and stuff. You simply CANNOT replicate that live. Just like there were lots of different guitar tracks going on on Epic despite the fact that there was only one guitar player... overdubs: it's what's happening. Deal with it!

yeah to be honest, I think Borknagar is one of those bands that don't sound very good live. Unlike, say, a band like Slayer, imo they sound crap on cd, but live they simply blow everything and everyone away.

I'm communicating with him through PM's. He messaged me today saying that he has the audio file (it was a live interview), and he's having trouble installing Word so he can type it out. He claims it will be posted "very soon".

I'm communicating with him through PM's. He messaged me today saying that he has the audio file (it was a live interview), and he's having trouble installing Word so he can type it out. He claims it will be posted "very soon".
I'm sure he has notepad or wordpad ffs..... anyways, why can't he just upload the audio file I would believe it more than a text write-up. I mean it's been ridiculously long... so I don't know I'm even MORE skeptical now.

What do you mean skeptical? It is a FACT that he conducted this interview. And what he told me about Vortex's plans is probably not a lie. I know this guy, he's very honest.

ok cool, I'm really looking forward to hearing almighty VORTEX on a Borknagar album again!
Mr. V + Lazare + Vortex = :worship: :headbang: :Spin:

What the hell? I should have just asked him if he was going to do anything with Borknagar when I met him again last Saturday.
And about that video that was posted of live Borknagar footage. Vortex is way off, but I've seen him twice live and he was right on. One video doesn't prove anything. It could have been due to any technical reason.
Doesn't anyone go to any live shows around here?

What the hell? I should have just asked him if he was going to do anything with Borknagar when I met him again last Saturday.
And about that video that was posted of live Borknagar footage. Vortex is way off, but I've seen him twice live and he was right on. One video doesn't prove anything. It could have been due to any technical reason.
Doesn't anyone go to any live shows around here?
I saw him live and he sounded perfect.