Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Mr. Bungle

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Aphex Twin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Bloody Valentine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tool and mr. bungle are mainstream bands? where are destroyer666 and opeth?

The tea party...

But how the hell can you put the likes of Tea Party, Tool and Mr Bungle up against shit like radiohead?? Fuck that.

Had to take Faith No More, which is an absolute awesome band (tho they have broken up) still.
Not really sure if they ever were truly mainstream tho?

Obvioulsy it's Tool no contest. No other band is close, the reason for this is b/c this is a crappily designed poll. So we're voting for the best mainstream bands.....where are all the popular mainstream bands?!?!?! Fuuuuuk. A good idea for a poll down the shitter.:mad:

I don't consider Mr. Bungle to be mainstream, but it got my vote. But I think it should have gone to Tool, they are in a way a bit mainstream (not musically, but they ARE popular and sell millions of records). Many of these are good, if i had had a chance I would have voted four bands : Radiohead, Tool, Mr. Bungle and Faith No More.

Originally posted by Trapped
The tea party...

But how the hell can you put the likes of Tea Party, Tool and Mr Bungle up against shit like radiohead?? Fuck that.
Radiohead are extremely talented, but in ways that few people recognise... in terms of their electronic influences i personally see them as a good example of how electronic music can be used to good effect... basically they excel in many areas that most bands/musicians simply neglect these days..

But yeh despite the Tool guitarist only knowing one scale (you can pick one scale and solo over almost the entire album, try doing that to an Opeth album and you'll sound horrible half way through the first riff)... ill vote for them anyway

Faith No More, The Tea Party, APC are also cool and very talented. And i still enjoy listening to REM and Smashing Pumpkins though i think both have limited talents.

:cry:
i can't vote for just one.... hmm... Björk.
....or Radiohead or PJ Harvey or Nick Cave or Aphex Twins or FNM or Mr Bungle or Depeche Mode (! :mad: i didn't see it before i voted..)

That was bloody hard :mad:

Infact a choice between:Radiohead, Tool, A Perfect Circle, NIN, Nirvana, REM (those too not that much actually...) Nick Cave, Jeff Buckley Tori Amos, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Depeche Mode and My Bloody Valentine

:D