• Mr. Bungle

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Aphex Twin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Bloody Valentine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by metalmancpa
Here's the current playlist from the station I listen to at work during the day: not great, but they play some good stuff.

Too Bad - Nickelback
Toxicity - System Of A Down
Blurry - Puddle Of Mudd
Tear Away - Drowning Pool
Lateralis - Tool
The Game - Disturbed
I Stand Alone - Godsmack
For You - Staind
Movies - Alien Ant Farm
Never Gonna Stop - Rob Zombie
In The End - Linkin Park
What Comes Around - Ill Nino
Dave Draiman from Disturbed - Forsaken
Slipping Away - Dope
Live Again - Sevendust
Squash That Fly - Fu Manchu
Shhh... (Hope Diggy) - The Apex Theory
After Me - Saliva
Chop Suey - System Of A Down
Adriana - Headstrong
Inside Out - Reveille
Solitaire Unraveling - Mushroom Head
Dreamer - Ozzy Osbourne
Crawling In The Dark - Hoobastank
It's Goin' Down - X-ecutioners
Cold - Static-X
Faithless - Injected
Run Like Hell - Kittie
Boom - P.O.D.
Last Man Standing - Biohazard
Unreal - Soil
Death Blooms - Mudvayne
Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja - Lost Prophets
I'm Wrong, But You Ain't Right - Kid Rock
Believe Me - Mesh
One Thing - Gravity Kills
My Plauge - Slipknot
Get Away - Earshot

Nice, for a radio station. Over here, there's only one radio station that contains EVERYTHING non-mainstream, from hiphop over electro to crossover and rock... it has one metal-programme (2 hours a week, wednesday 22:00-24:00 CET) - in that time they play everything remotely fitting into the category metal, industrial and hard rock... About once a month some death and black metal... The good thing is, they don't play any mtv-metal...

Originally posted by Sadistik
Damn, Metalman, that radio station sounds dreadful!

I think it's Tea Party, no contest!

Yes - Tea Party 100%

And find a better 24-hour radio station. I mean, my 3-hour once a week on Sunday night radio show is the bomb, but that's it. It's either the station I listed, or MUCH worse.

I voted for TOOL, because they are on the upswing with Lateralus, whereas Radiohead is on the downswing with Amnesiac, even though it is decent. Maybe in 2000 I would have voted differently.

I've never seen what's the big hype with Tool. I really like their sound and concepts, but I haven't seen a lot of evolution throughout their albums. The variations are quite subtle, and they can get to be really monotonous at times.

DrX:
Amnesiac was written and recorded at the same time with Kid A. They intended to release a double-disc album, but EMI thought it would be too risky. I think that musically, Amnesiac is on the level of Kid A, but it just didn't have the same impact, and that's why it is so underappreciated.

Greetings.

Uurgh, really hesitated between NIN, Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Aphex Twin, Tori Amos, Mr. Bungle...

Considering Bungle and Aphex to be out as they are not mainstream at all, it leaves Tori, Cure, Cave, NIN, Depeche Mode.

Drop Tori and Cave because I haven't listened to all their material (although I loved everything they did), remove The Cure because they are good but not GREAT, that leaves Depeche Mode and NIN.

For Gahan's voice, for the production of their albums, for the quality of the songs, for the feelings attached to the songs, I'd pick DM ; for Reznor's intelligence and sensibility, for the variety of each album, for Downward Spiral, for the lyrics, I'd choose NIN.

Hmmm..

I picked NIN, but DM was pretty close.

Lots of great bands on this list !