Vote: Royal Carnage 2006 March Madness - Sweet 16

This tournament seems like it's flying by. There also haven't been any tough choices for me and the band choice overall seems a little bland compared to last year, though I suspect it's all in my imagination. Dunno what's going on, but it doesn't have the same :kickass: as last year. Maybe Ulver vs. Maiden will happen and things will pick up.:p

Bracket #1
Judas Priest
Metallica

Bracket #2
Black Sabbath
Destroyer 666

Bracket #3
Immortal
Kreator

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden
Primordial

Some tough ones!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like early Ulver but Priest gets it for consistency I guess

Crimson Velvet said:
Bracket #1
Judas Priest
Metallica

Bracket #2
Black Sabbath
Destroyer 666

Bracket #3
Immortal
Kreator

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden
Primordial

People who voted Ulver over Judas Priest are not smart, and that is my objective opinion.

See? As always, crimson spits the truth.

Alright, if we're making stupid, overtly biased statements:

People who vote Priest over Ulver are stuck in the past and are allowing nostalgia to cloud their judgement :loco:

Demilich said:

People who vote Priest over Ulver are stuck in the past and are allowing nostalgia to cloud their judgement :loco:

Dunno. Half of the Ulver votes come from old-uver nostalgia :p

Dev said:
Dunno. Half of the Ulver votes come from of old-uver nostalgia :p

Doesn't matter to me, I don't even agree with what I said! I love both bands, and I'm not sure either is for nostalgic reasons, 'cause I haven't even owned albums or really heard them much until the past 2 or 3 years

Décadent said:
Jesus, Jason... our choices are uncannily similar. Who'd've thunk it?

:zombie:

That's pretty funny. I bet our first brackets were quite different, though, but maybe not. Too lazy to check.

I guess I've never stated this outright: I like much of what the RC board likes, except for folk, but I don't dislike it. I just don't care all that much about it. The thing I don't usually do, however, is actively pursue rare or even semi-rare stuff on the Net, so I don't listen to a lot of hard-to-find albums. Hard-to-find meaning records not found in stores or in The End's mailorder shop. I'd rather peruse independent music stores anyway, and that's where I buy my non-promo releases. So there you have it, I guess.

Judas Priest are a fun band, but they never created a work of art. Ulver did that with Bergtatt. Case closed.

Demilich said:

Continued in the same vein:

Living in the fuckin' past, I'm telling you! I'm not denying that they were once ahead of their time, but Priest hasn't done anything relevant in the same period when Ulver has consistently reinvented and challenged themselves (and damn those who disown everything but the first three)...unless inspiring the likes of Primal Fear counts. Nice one, Rob!

Bracket #1
Judas Priest vs Ulver, firmly :heh:
haven't heard enough negro bungie to make an informed vote

Bracket #2
Falkenbach vs. Black Sabbath
Carcass vs. Destroyer 666

Bracket #3
Moonsorrow vs. Immortal
Kreator vs. Neurosis

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden vs. Amorphis
Primordial vs. Drudkh

Pyrus said:
Cause y'know, Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class weren't integral to the development of metal as a genre or anything.

Sure they were. But Ulver makes more challenging, more interesting and better music. If we used your qualifications, why even include bands from the 1990s?