Watch Andy mixing an album ?

I beg to differ. I am willing to bet just about everyone on this forum would die to see the whole process take place.

Watching a guy sit down and listen to the same song over and over again for 12 hours is not fun.

Get a job at a studio and become an assistant. It won't take long before you're in the lounge watching Jerry Springer for 10 of the 12 hours you're supposed to be in the control room assisting.

No one said it was fun. I don't care what anyone says I would love to sit and watch Andy mix just one song let alone 12. It would be a learning experience of a lifetime. You also have to remember that not everyone hear has the same opportunities that you might have had.

No one said it was fun. I don't care what anyone says I would love to sit and watch Andy mix just one song let alone 12. It would be a learning experience of a lifetime. You also have to remember that not everyone hear has the same opportunities that you might have had.

You're not gonna learn anything by sitting in on a session - other than it's fucking boring to watch someone else work. You have a better chance of picking things up by taking recall notes at the end of the day.

I made my opportunities. Any and everybody can do the same.

maybe, but I'd buy a DVD by Andy mixing Metal similar to that Mix it Like a Record DVD

You're not gonna learn anything by sitting in on a session - other than it's fucking boring to watch someone else work. You have a better chance of picking things up by taking recall notes at the end of the day.

I made my opportunities. Any and everybody can do the same.

To each there own dude. I respect your opinion but I also dis-agree with it.

It's not an opinion.

It is an opinion. One of many. If you really want to be like this and put it into context then the orginal statment was about a DVD. You tell me, how many of us are going to have a chance to sit down with one of Andy's mixes and take recall notes. Last I checked not to many. So with that in mind I think it would be damn cool if I was afforded any kind of glimpse into what he does. I personal could care less if "YOU" think its boring. That is matter of opinion. I am willing to bet that a lot of people on these boards would feel the same way I do about some sort of DVD content involving his mixing habbits.

It is an opinion. One of many. If you really want to be like this and put it into context then the orginal statment was about a DVD. You tell me, how many of us are going to have a chance to sit down with one of Andy's mixes and take recall notes. Last I checked not to many. So with that in mind I think it would be damn cool if I was afforded any kind of glimpse into what he does. I personal could care less if "YOU" think its boring. That is matter of opinion. I am willing to bet that a lot of people on these boards would feel the same way I do about some sort of DVD content involving his mixing habbits.

If you wanna buy a DVD of "How To Mix Like ____". Go ahead. People sell those things to people like you just to take your money. You still ain't gonna learn shit. You can turn every single knob to the exact same settings as Andy, or anybody else for that matter, and it still won't sound like Andy's stuff. There are many awesome engineers and producers out there, and if you're serious about this you'll find out where they are and get a three dimensional education instead of just dreaming. Hey, if you wanna keep dreaming then don't listen to me.

You think I'm being a jerk when I'm actually helping you.

If you wanna buy a DVD of "How To Mix Like ____". Go ahead. People sell those things to people like you just to take your money. You still ain't gonna learn shit. You can turn every single knob to the exact same settings as Andy, or anybody else for that matter, and it still won't sound like Andy's stuff. There are many awesome engineers and producers out there, and if you're serious about this you'll find out where they are and get a three dimensional education instead of just dreaming. Hey, if you wanna keep dreaming then don't listen to me.

You think I'm being a jerk when I'm actually helping you.
then i guess schools just take peoples money, cause once you learn to read...

oh please... it's not about turning the knobs, it's about having someone explain/discuss how they think about it.