Watershed vs Ghost Reveries

Watershed or Ghost Reveries

• Watershed

Votes: 121 63.0%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 71 37.0%

• Total voters
I am always surprised by how much taste varies. I really love this album. I love the direction they're going. They're less of a metal band, but I like the music they're making. I can't really tell you why I like it--it just makes me happy that they're making music. My kneejerk reaction to posts that hate (or are less-than-thrilled) has to be restrained because I honestly cannot fathom how someone can hear Watershed and feel differently than I do. I can intellectually understand that we're different, but it still amazes me that everyone doesn't love it the way I do. And I feel sort of bad that you're not as happy as me. I know what it's like to be disappointed by a favorite band.

Yep, it sucks hard. I wish I liked it, but I just can't get into it, there's barely anything inspiring on it. I really like some of the new aspects to the sound, like the wind stuff on Hessian Peel is great, I just am bored by the actual songs, very severely in the case of some (Hex Omega, Porcelain Heart). I'll keep waiting for their next album and hope that one's more solid, I guess. At least this is nothing close to the disappointment that Scarsick was, with one of my very favorite bands releasing an album that wasn't just boring but absolutely ungodly awful and deserving of the utmost scorn and making me not even look forward to whatever they do next. :p

It's hard for me to believe Watershed is winning. GR is miles ahead of Watershed in terms of songwriting, aside from TGC each song on GR makes sense whereas on WS sometimes I wonder what they were thinking...

It's equally hard for me to believe that anyone would prefer Ghost Reveries of the two. I think the songwriting on Ghost Reveries is too polarized; either utter majesty or absolute crap. While its hard to argue that any of the songs on Watershed are better than GoP or BotH, Watershed is just far more consistent for me; to this day I still can only stand to listen to about half of the songs on GR.

It's hard for me to believe Watershed is winning. GR is miles ahead of Watershed in terms of songwriting, aside from TGC each song on GR makes sense whereas on WS sometimes I wonder what they were thinking...

Not true... after a few listens you'll notice that every single song on Watershed makes sense...

Not true... after a few listens you'll notice that every single song on Watershed makes sense...

Theres no point in arging. You can't get anyone to change their mind.

They either like it or they don't. If they don't than oh well.. as long as you enjot it than it doesnt matter.

I personally think its one of their best.. definitely not the best though.

Its just got such an unusual atmosphere and its very strong throughout.

At least this is nothing close to the disappointment that Scarsick was, with one of my very favorite bands releasing an album that wasn't just boring but absolutely ungodly awful and deserving of the utmost scorn and making me not even look forward to whatever they do next. :p

:(

P.S. Watershed is amazing.

It served it's purpose. Getting responses from people who feel some strange need to defend themselves against what was said. Well, if it didn't hit a nerve I guess you wouldn't have felt such a need to respond.:cry:
So you're saying you're a troll and add nothing worthwhile to this forum. Your momma raised a winner. Go you!

Lol while I respect your point, its still opinion above all, I can't say my opinion is fact and neither can you. Trust me, I've been living with this album since I bought it and have listened to it many times through, but I still feel the same. In no way am I saying its a bad album, just not as good as GR.

Hex Omega clicked. Now if I could just start finding something to like about Coil.......

:OMG: I love coil! So soothing and an epic departure for the album. I wish it was a longer song, but maybe it's best that it's short and sweet. I kind of want them to do another soft album/heavy album combination... just cuz I could listen to a full album of coil-esque songs. I like the new direction they've taken with Coil and Burden, it's... sexy.

It is only my opinion but it seems quite simple. Not only is Watershed an amazing album but has the added bonus of weeding out the people who weren't real Opeth fans to begin with. Judging from all the needless hating of Watershed on here.

Please do us all a favor and die in a tire fire if you think that someone not liking Watershed that much makes them any less of a "true" Opeth fan.

I think GR has some better songs than anything on Watershed, but Watershed does not have The Grand Conjuration, so it's automatically better.

Please do us all a favor and die in a tire fire if you think that someone not liking Watershed that much makes them any less of a "true" Opeth fan.

Didn't you see his later posts? His posting that actually was just trying to trick us into thinking he was that stupid, and the fact we thought he was a retard means that he is actually a genius. What a great poster! He wins 5 internets.