We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

@Peponaki: I'm sure you'll do just fine with your classes, dear papi, have faith :)

@Mel: I'm feeling quite better, thanks :)

@thanatos: why did you have to? and who were these ppl? although one may be driven to frustration and arrogance because of others' lack of intellect or understanding, an open heart and mind might be best for separating from the others those few showing some brains, i guess. ;)

@|ngenius: :lol: i hope i got the meaning right. :)

rahvin.

I have a dream... to pass my exams :p
I don't need advice, i know what is to be done....
Just need some courage and faith...

Siren (will die fighting)
Siren bis (listening too much Manowar lately :lol: )

@Rahvin: Good child.

@Everybody: I'm sure Melon used a sarcasm to express sth such: "Don't be stupid enough to live without living at all". ;)

|ngenius.

as far as "we all live dreaming" goes, i feel stupid. now, listen to this very tipical story - rahvin, you can skip it, you've heard the gig a million time.

what happens four days ago is that i read in the paper something about a guy a friend of mine had mentioned to me several times in the past - to cut a long story short, i had been positively impressed by what was said on this person all along but never really bothered, seeing his name connected with some important public events struck a chord and i got sort of instantly obsessed (we tend to do this kind of stuff, me and rahvin).

what happens in the following phase is that i want to see the person, normally - and it happened this time as well. this did not prevent me from spending 45 full minutes of silly daydreaming this morning about meeting him and whatnot. today i drove to my friend's university to maybe get a chance to see the guy, and didn't manage to.

aside from the fact that of course i didn't since he was not there and i only need to go there when he holds a lecture to catch him - pretty obvious - , i found myself wondering why at the age of 24 i still act and feel like that. if i only had a life i wouldn't go around all the time firing (blanks) up my imagination with thoughts of guys i have never seen and i only know from [normally mythological] tales of friends and external signals of, say, achievement or personality traits. there's no real answer bar: i'm silly.

this also interferes with my work, not really productive as of late. i really just need to get a grip on reality, but what the fuck would i grip exactly? it's not like i don't have semi-real or even real situations to cling to, if only i wanted, but misteriously a longing trip for someone whom i do not know seems to stimulate more than, say, having sexual fantasies about a very good-looking guy i've been liking for a while, i actually know and talk to, etcetera (not that he'd ever go out with me, but that's a different story altogether).

hyena (all my guns are blazing)

Originally posted by hyena
as far as "we all live dreaming" goes, i feel stupid. now, listen to this very tipical story - rahvin, you can skip it, you've heard the gig a million time.

what happens four days ago is that i read in the paper something about a guy a friend of mine had mentioned to me several times in the past - to cut a long story short, i had been positively impressed by what was said on this person all along but never really bothered, seeing his name connected with some important public events struck a chord and i got sort of instantly obsessed (we tend to do this kind of stuff, me and rahvin).

what happens in the following phase is that i want to see the person, normally - and it happened this time as well. this did not prevent me from spending 45 full minutes of silly daydreaming this morning about meeting him and whatnot. today i drove to my friend's university to maybe get a chance to see the guy, and didn't manage to.

aside from the fact that of course i didn't since he was not there and i only need to go there when he holds a lecture to catch him - pretty obvious - , i found myself wondering why at the age of 24 i still act and feel like that. if i only had a life i wouldn't go around all the time firing (blanks) up my imagination with thoughts of guys i have never seen and i only know from [normally mythological] tales of friends and external signals of, say, achievement or personality traits. there's no real answer bar: i'm silly.

this also interferes with my work, not really productive as of late. i really just need to get a grip on reality, but what the fuck would i grip exactly? it's not like i don't have semi-real or even real situations to cling to, if only i wanted, but misteriously a longing trip for someone whom i do not know seems to stimulate more than, say, having sexual fantasies about a very good-looking guy i've been liking for a while, i actually know and talk to, etcetera (not that he'd ever go out with me, but that's a different story altogether).

hyena (all my guns are blazing)

im also looking for the ideal person, I have found her many many times, but she slips away when i wake up.

:)... just quit smoke, my last cigar was 2 days before. starting to feel better. replaced those smoking habbits with eating candy (another big problam :p)

- red_beef

Originally posted by hyena
but misteriously a longing trip for someone whom i do not know seems to stimulate more than, say, having sexual fantasies about a very good-looking guy i've been liking for a while, i actually know and talk to, etcetera (not that he'd ever go out with me, but that's a different story altogether).

since this is not a case of "the grass is greener on the other side", it must be a case of "perspectives are really fucked up bad". all in all i think it's ok to run around following every day (?) a new chimaera, as long as we can still see the inherent silliness of it all and that of the supposed chimaera turning out to be no more than a sole-faced demon. i mean, we've seen worse, including ppl falling hook (not you, alfred) line and sinker for uncultivated diplomat of choice. we wobble but we don't fall down. ;)

rahvin. (heavy metal is the law that keeps us all unite and free, with the exception of a few demons)

What's wrong Nick? :(
Plz talk about it, either here or privately to whoever you want (including me if you like), but don't keep it inside.

@rahvin: you might still mean "a sole-faced bubu". but, generally speaking, you are right. and i see with a little worry that we tend to trip less and less - not as in frequency, it just happens all the time, but it does not *last*. the point where i get scared is the point where i see that what moved us to cultivate longer, more committed trips when we were adolescents was not very different: all in our heads now (we know, we see, we get bored, we change), all in our heads then (and we thought the universe was trying to tell us something).

hyena (wow is me)

Oh, my God! (or infernal demons for those who don't wanna be trendy scene) Hyena showing a serious side! Quite impressive, and so interesting at the same time.

Well, I'm agree with the dwarf (is he becoming a dreamer, after all?). To look for your particular chimaera could cause pain, as we said long ago in this same thread, this is the hard way. The same story in my case, I'm looking just for those things I consideer I diserve, and it seems they are high perspectives and requeriments, in the quest for my other half and even in the friends quest. It's so hard for me, it affects to my work and to my natural behavior. But the main fact is that I cannot change, and don't wanna change at all. I'm living daydreaming all the time, and right now, close to my 22 y-o, I still believe that the universe has several things to tell us all. ¿Is there sth more interesting?
¿Should I get used to a boring reality or scape to find out my limits and my goals? Think the way is crystal clear, even when this makes us feel silly (unfortunately so often, and you won't learn to avoid that part, I'm afraid!)

I have no specific answers, only my clues to find my own answers. Remember the world is subjective, and it doesn't means the universe is covered in lies, just there are these specific answers for each one of us. Find out them, but think you're not alone in the task. And you surely are glad of count with an useful yellow dwarf by your side. That's a great help that I often don't have. Stay (heavy?)!!

|ngenius (The Demon)

Originally posted by red_beef
:)... just quit smoke, my last cigar was 2 days before. starting to feel better

That works for a week or two, before that, I start to feel a lack of something. It's not for the nicotine, it's just a mental addiction. Before a long time of abstinence, the first smoke is like a release.

Originally posted by Tristessa
I like it, I don't see it as a anchor I have to carry for the rest of my life.

well, i hope you like it. what's the point in being addicted to something if you don't even like it? ;)
i wouldn't overdrink if it tasted like bath water. :)

rahvin.