We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

Well, excuse me, I didn't follow this thread lately, I'm "enjoying" my little holidays in Valencia nowadays. I will read this "dreams-problems-things" when I'll be back home. The fact is... well, right now I should choose something important (not decisive) but I'm so worried. Dwarf, I'll chat with you tmw!

|ng

it seems that i'm getting dumber and dumber with time.... or maybe it's just that i'm so exhausted that my braincells barely work on the information received.... :cry:
Rahvin,could you please explain what do you mean by "our capsules barely meet" ???

Originally posted by Melancholia
Rahvin,could you please explain what do you mean by "our capsules barely meet" ???

of course. :)
i mean to say that we don't really get to know each other very much or for a long time. it is merely our superficial shells that interact on this (or any other) board, and it all passes quite rapidly, until in a year or two or five we'd have found another way to spend as much time.

rahvin.

I do agree with the last part, it's hard to maintain this (great) addiction and new winds will take you away someday. Even though, this is a thread where ppl used to open themselves to the world, isn't strict to recall it as "superficial shells". :p

|ng (Fresh winds of hope...)

Originally posted by rahvin
i thought about digging up this thread myself, but not because i'm bored with my translations.
at times, when my mind wonders and i look pointlessly for the meaning of life i ask myself what's gonna be of all of this in five or ten years. ppl on ultimatemetal will grow, get some time-consuming job and possibly a family. taste (and interest) in music is bound to change and the site itself will only have fuel to add to the flame for so long. of course some of us managed to meet ppl they'll hopefully keep in touch with for a long while, besides um's existence or any interest in music.
but in the end this is bound to come to pass, and although that's not really some big news because also everything else is, i still can't help feeling a sense of emptiness at the thought that our capsules barely meet.

5 years you said? it's already happening my little friend :cry:

Originally posted by Thanatos

true. but as long as we're discussing about it here i guess the major part of change is being postponed. because i cannot possibly believe that there's a world of changes and evolution that's taking this place with it. :erk:

rahvin.

that "we" only includes you and I rahve, I've seen this a few times already, online communities rising and then falling, we can just hope to see ours resurrect ASAP...I don't plan to leave in quite some time

the dissolving of any one community or union follows a decrease of interest and passion of the community's or union's members. therefore when the community splits people are bound to be happy it does so: it splits because they did not want it to live on (different with relationships, where you could have one-sided decisions; less so in online boards). being sorry for such an event is paradoxical: when it happens, it happens exactly because *you wouldn't deem yourself sorry because it is happening anymore*.

hyena (phil o. sopher)

Originally posted by Thanatos

Quite true as far as i'm concerned...
I've been browsing the forum, but i don't feel the urge to post anymore, i can say i'm disgusted just thinking about it, except of course for few cases...
Sometimes i even feel i want to break some ties holding me back.
The only thing that still keeps me around is a few wonderful people :cry:

I feel exactly the same!
I miss this board, and I don´t post anywhere else (as for now anyways) Dunno why the lust have gone? You can´t explain it Mel? :D

I meen, I still care for the board and all... Otherwise I wouldn´t check it out every now and then, I just can´t get myself to post anything. Strange...

-phyros ( miss you all )

@hyena: i agree with you, in fact i wasn't making that point.

@thanatos; @phyros: the state of this board is - comparatively speaking - quite healthy. the forum on um most similar to this one (the sonata arctica board) has maybe some more posts per day but very less regulars. here we have about 20-30 ppl making their appearance every 2-3 days, whereas there there's no more than 10 ppl posting every day. a steady decrease in the number of posts overall and the interest of the topics is due to a couple of reasons. first of all, this is the middle of summer and ppl has better things to do. in november, when we're all secluded in our dull homes, interest will resurface. secondly, after more than a year of ultimatemetal many ppl are starting to have enough.
personally, i have a quite balanced way to deal with this place right now, so i don't think i'll change my habits very soon. i have the time and the right mindframe to stop by here and post every day.
then again, i add to the very poignant list of characteristics of online community compiled by hyena another one: much like in rl, sooner or later the majority of ppl will come up with the "golden age" myth. :)

rahvin.

very good points rahv...how do you do it :p.......must be inherent in dwarves....well ill see you all in November when we are secluded, well call it the new DT Forum Renaissance :p

F_V (hibernating)

@Narcoloth: i think such a band could be very nice, but unfortunatelly i can't understand exactly how it would sound....
Maybe you should try learning a bit the guitar, so that you become able to write those things down.

Because of a boring day at work plus the fact that I haven't participated this thread before, I'm gonna do some mind searching...

Dreams I had, but dreams I got, as a friend of mine started his english essee. (Yes, he got an i :p)

I've never been as happy as nowadays. Something has apparently made a big 'click' and I failed to notice it.

All I need is listed here:
* education. I will start my first year in law school this fall.
* a motorbike. I just exchanged my old bike to a bigger one.
* an appartment. My roommate has decided not to move to another town, so we get to keep our present flat.

I'm done. I'm smiling.

Sometimes life can be pretty decent! :)

-Lamia

Also sometimes life just can't be.
The only good thing about today was i swimmed in the sea. Everything else was/is hell.