We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

rahvin said:
isn't there? :loco:
well, anyway, that's just not the same hail as in "i hail you", since the line from the holy booklet (tm) addresses someone - likely a multitude of barbarian fighters - so it must go something like "di' ave e uccidi" or "saluta e uccidi". :lol:

rahvin.

we had the "saluta e uccidi" (sort of "wave hello and kill") discussion with wolfy i think... still no better alternative is coming out...

I dream of selling my novel and making a lot of money from it and when I do that I can travel to the beautiful country that is Finland and begin a love affair with the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in all my life! :cry:

*cough*santtuakaidari*cough*

@tristessa: i'm sorry. :cry: but unless those who told you it could be worse have the specific knowledge to, try not to rely too much on their opinion...

@greatphoenix: oh, you and your beloved idari! in one post you say she's evil, in another that you love her. if both are true, you're in big trouble. ;)

rahvin.

Hedon said:
We're pleased to announce that we're now confirmed for the Metal Mania Festival in Villarrobledo (Albacete), Spain. The event will take place during the 11-13th of July.

Other bands on the bill include Blind guardian, Exodus, Nightwish and Motörhead.

See?! My dream was true, Blind Guardian somehow related to DT and Spain. :p

@Greatphoenix: If I was you, I wouldn't doubt about the success your novel will reach, for sure. Your imagination involving finnish women and love affairs breaks my highest expectations. ;) :lol: (Kidding, man, I wish you good luck. With these finnish women, I mean!)

|ngenius (Neihter finnish, nor a woman)

Ingie@superchupi that you saw us in your dream,but arghhhhhhhhh there was no need to kidnap FV ;)
:D

GreatPhoenix@good luck with your dream! What is your novel about?

Melancholia said:
Ingie@superchupi that you saw us in your dream,but arghhhhhhhhh there was no need to kidnap FV

Oh, I did not. FatherVic would come back from the death for you, if necessary. My princess told me that my dream was the expression of a subconcious wish to "recover" FV. But hey, I haven't lost him at all! I won a greek troll, instead. :D

@Sunjammer: If you need any "B" plan, I can sell you a good one. ;)

|ng (Ingie sounds frankly bad)

|ngenius said:
My princess told me that my dream was the expression of a subconcious wish to "recover" FV. But hey, I haven't lost him at all! I won a greek troll, instead. :D

:D i don't know what princesses you fancy, |ng, but dream interpretation is hardly ever so linear. and, to my knowledge, people you see in dreams do not always stand for the same people in reality. so you're probably better off taking advice from fortune-tellers. ;)

rahvin.

Reactions: Melancholia
|ngenius said:
Oh, I did not. FatherVic would come back from the death for you, if necessary. My princess told me that my dream was the expression of a subconcious wish to "recover" FV. But hey, I haven't lost him at all! I won a greek troll, instead. :D

|ngie@ I agree with your princess ;) me (and i guess Mr.FReud-the father of all :p- as well ) would say that indeed it was a way of expressing your missing FatherVic and trying to bringing back (especially the part of taking him back to spain),which is somehow very sweet :)
"But hey, I haven't lost him at all! I won a greek troll, instead." that was also very sweet.....ahhhhhh,spaniards with their cutie ways of expressing :)

rahvin said:
:D i don't know what princesses you fancy, |ng, but dream interpretation is hardly ever so linear. and, to my knowledge, people you see in dreams do not always stand for the same people in reality. so you're probably better off taking advice from fortune-tellers. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin@for sure sometimes the people we see in our dreams do not always stand for the same people in relaity,but as you said it yourself it is not always, not never,so there are indeed times when dreams are pure and simply a clear expression of a wish,or one's feelings......it is when we see a totally confusing dream,the kind of dream when we really feel we don't understand a shit, where several "distortions" are made by our inconscious in order to conceal the real meaning of a dream..... And from what i've understood in Ing's dreams these confusing parts/distortions were made in parts that had nothing to do with the people themselves...rather with the places (airport,trainstation etc)...

:)

Reactions: rahvin
rahvin said:
:D i don't know what princesses you fancy, |ng, but dream interpretation is hardly ever so linear. and, to my knowledge, people you see in dreams do not always stand for the same people in reality. so you're probably better off taking advice from fortune-tellers.

@Dwarfito: Have you heard about that old and mysterious concept called "romanticism"? It's about taking the logic away to give some preferential treatment to your dreams, ideas or illusions. Of course, it means that if I dream about naked girls, they should appear immediatly after the dream! :D

@Mel: Catalans, even. ;)

|ngenius.

Reactions: Rei Toei
|ngenius said:
@Dwarfito: Have you heard about that old and mysterious concept called "romanticism"?

never heard of it. has it something to do with the preparation of cheese? please do enlighten me on the subject. :rolleyes:

It's about taking the logic away to give some preferential treatment to your dreams, ideas or illusions.

ooooh, that. sorry, i thought that was called lying to yourself. :)

Of course, it means that if I dream about naked girls, they should appear immediatly after the dream! :D

so, i take it it also means if you dream about fathervic romanticism suggests flowery explanations? my, it sure would come in handy, this romanticism of yours. ;)

@mel: as far as i've heard, dreams are mostly images and the inner logic through which we see them when we are awake adds some rationality that was not there in the first place (except in the case of |ngenius, where logic needs to be subtracted in order for romanticism to conquer land ;)). dreams i've had involved very clear images of relatives of mine that had nothing to do at all with my (post-sleep) reconstruction of what had "happened" in the dream. i reckon they were merely images that did not relate personally to any other feeling the dream was supposed to convey, and i suspect the equation "helping fathervic in a dream = you want to help fathervic" is slightly, well, duh. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
@mel: as far as i've heard, dreams are mostly images and the inner logic through which we see them when we are awake adds some rationality that was not there in the first place (except in the case of |ngenius, where logic needs to be subtracted in order for romanticism to conquer land ;)). dreams i've had involved very clear images of relatives of mine that had nothing to do at all with my (post-sleep) reconstruction of what had "happened" in the dream. i reckon they were merely images that did not relate personally to any other feeling the dream was supposed to convey, and i suspect the equation "helping fathervic in a dream = you want to help fathervic" is slightly, well, duh. ;)

rahvin.

Well,everything depends on the way you see things.... For some this dream can have no importance for others can have a very hidden meaning and for some pure and simple sth related to what ingenious saw...

as for me,I have to admit that when it comes to dreams I belong to the Freudian side :p and thus i try to interpret the elements in dreams usually by symbolisms & then relating them with certain conditions of an individual's life... So,for sure when we wake up we try to add some logic to the dream we saw,but actually dreams have a logic of theri own...When we dream our subconscious tries to pass to our consciousness the things that are preserved in to it and more specifically it tries to do so in a way that these elements can be acceptable by the self! (remember that the inconscious elements are repressed and somehow "unwanted",unacceptable).In order to let these elements pass the inconscious tries to transform them in more acceptable things,and it is at this point where a dream can appear confusing... However it doesn't mean that all the elements have a special meaning,somethings can stay the way they really are.......Soooooooo´,what i didsay was NOT that the people in dreams always represent the people we know in reality.What i say is that in Ingenious case it was quite obvious that FV was FV since if we try to put this dream within a certain context (let's say to relate it to Inegnious current life and thoughts) it can very well be that in the dream Ing expresses his feeling for FV...
In somebody else's dream a person can actually represent some other person we know... we can even see a person we know,but him having several characteristics that actually belong to people we know :loco:
Dream analyzing is not always so confusing,sometimes things can be simple.... some other times it can be more complicated... f.e. if i see that i crush with a car,maybe it can mean that i simply saw one of my typical phobias,because f.e. that evening i was thinking that i should learn to drive.....but if f.e. my relationship with cars is quite chupi,then i can take it to a more symbolic level and if f.e. i'm through a difficult period and feel useless etc etc,the car which has a phallic shape can represent my powers,my narcissism or whatver related with my self-esteem in a positive way... so if i see me crushing with the car,it can be that my narcissism is being crushed, that is i see in my sleep that i feel useless somehow,which i one of my problems in the current period...
(well,it's not,i'm just giving an example :p )

anyway,this is my idea about this dream...maybe within a different context it could mean sth else....

Everything depends on the context and thus dreams should be analyzing according to what is going on an individual}s life,his/her feelings,fears,problems and everything that can directly or indirectly related to that.....

Well,as for Ing}s dream, for you it has a different mean,cause simply we have a different idea about dreams :) and since when it comes to truth everything is relative, all the opinions are accepted and welcome -and what the fuck,i haven't become a hardcore psychoanalyst yet, so i wouldn't kill for my beliefs :p - :) Somehow we are both right.....

uff,how much i can ramble on sometimes :p

hey,now i remembered that last year it was discussed here whether anybody has ever seen himself talking in a foreign language in his dream! so,any updates for this issue?
:D

uff,i'm shutting up & going to read some Light Fantastic to relax (what a great book btw!!)

/troll ( gooooooooooooooooooo!!!)

I have a dream...
hypnotized.gif
I have a vision
glotz.gif
of a thread that consists not of (il)logical answers but such questions...
:loco:

then I woke up in the tramway and drove home by car /forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

Reactions: DeepInMisery
Melancholia said:
hey,now i remembered that last year it was discussed here whether anybody has ever seen himself talking in a foreign language in his dream! so,any updates for this issue?
/forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif
No, but i somehow feel you want to update us on that one? :D

As far as foreign languages are concerned though, i have a dream, to learn swedish.. can you give me any advice of how to start off, and how can i find a teacher in this place? :)

Siren (akou ekei phallic.. pou einai to myalo sou??? :p)

I just woke up from a nightmare. Dont remember everything about it, it wasnt very "shocking" actually.

The parts I remember are getting chased by the cops for some reason, also I remember having a box full of pot and ditching it so the cops wouldnt find it, and having sex with someone.

Its not like the dream scared me really, just sort of weird and made me feel uneasy.

Nick(odd)