We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

well I don't really agree with Op66187...
thinking life is some kind of playing cards is like saying univserse is some kind of oil stain spreading itself around...
Here, the past "hands" count on the new ones, as not in a game. Past hands make you stand differently on the actual ones, and lead you differently towards your future. Having my past time (14 years) as the most wonderfull of my life, I love having those memories with me. Even I love to remember some bad moments 'cause that helps me to think this can't get much worse (I know it can, I know).
And mourn for smth helps us to get it through (or at least helps me)
I think is sensless to draw another hand and see what it brings. Cards are cards, feelings and individuals deserve some memories and some protagonism in our present lifes, being part of what we are and leading the paths to take in the future (or showing us which ones we don't have to take again!)

@rahvin feo is nearly the oposite to chupi

@|ngenius: yep I've got the tickets....thursday night you'll be mine!

One constant is that life sucks, however I see it, as a game, as a serious thing, someone once suggested me to look at it as a bonsai to care about...
No matter how you put it, it just sucks. Surely not enough to desire death, but still sucks.

My bonsai's got problems. Sun never shines on it: it's kinda sick.
I'm the depression chrisis of Jack.

Originally posted by OP666187
I have this to say about the three-way convo between rahvin, Melancholia and fathervic. People are all wayfarers, and we have this need to explore new ground. It's like every day I just gotta find something new. When our life sinks into monotony, we can't be happy. They world just becomes an insipid replay of the same crap every day. When we can't find something new in our lives, we search in our heads. And then we start to make stuff up about the past. We let it kill us with all this crap that doesn't exist.

The key to happiness is change

You're very right OP666187.....
: sigh:
oh,well I won't start mourning tonight... I am enveloped in some kind of misty tranquillity today....

@Rahvin: Did I say it? I don't remember myself writting anything like that. I only called ya feo, with tones of love and affection (...or... perhaps not). :p

And I cannot imagine anything more different of life than a game cards. That's quite stupid comparison by a bad humorist (are ya the mum of Forrest Gump?). :eek:

Spanish proverb of the day: "Qué bonito es fornicar a la pata coja, amigos, toda una proeza del contorsionismo"

Originally posted by |ngenius
@Rahvin: Did I say it? I don't remember myself writting anything like that. I only called ya feo, with tones of love and affection (...or... perhaps not). :p

And I cannot imagine anything more different of life than a game cards.

let's see... if chupi=super and feo is the exact opposite of chupi, then feo=infra... i mean, 'down', 'depressing', 'dull'. where were said tones of love in that, prey? :D

life has been variously compared to a game of chess, a chocolate box, various furniture items. there hardly is anyone in this world who never came out with an infamous 'life is...' sentence. one of my favourite quotes is meat loaf's 'life is a lemon and i want my money back'.
should it be compulsory to take matters seriously, i'd say any metaphor is ok, as long as it's not just a cheap trick.

rahvin.

rahvin, ehmmm ok, I thought you had it....
they straight translation to feo is ugly, buuut it can be also as "bad kid, you did wrong!!!" *beting softly in rahvin's bum*

it would always be much lovlier if life happened over a 15 million kilometers turtle with four elephants on it's shell :)

@malveaux: well I could never find a phrase better to reply to you
"So much to live for, so much to die for" Life sucks as great as it is.
Or could you see an innocent girl listening to dark tranquillity calmly and still believe life sux? ;)
I hope one day the things that life is worth living for are way superior to the ones it makes so hard to live (as is the current era)

Oh, I see. FatherVic inducted ya to a bad translation, "feo" means "ugly", it isn't the opposite to chupi at all. Frequently some words that normally are insults, aren't really an offence if you say them to a friend in a friendly tone of voice. I think this happens only here in Spain, in fact, so perhaps it sounds a bit strange to ya.

"Spanish is easy, lesson 1 by Dr. |ngenius" :)

It seems like i'm getting my ass kicked around after that stupid metaphor. My point was simply that you can't give up. You take the next hand.

Of course, maybe life is like a system of fjords, and every once in a while you take a wron turn, but you run with it and don't just put a hole in your boat and give up.

Maybe life is really like a box of chocolates, and every once in a while you find that your peanut/caffeine allergies add in some surprises.

Basically, I don't think we can define life with a metaphor. It's too unique and complex. It's like trying to crunch The Matrix down into a few numbers...you can't do it.

@Rahvin, we all want our money back, but the guy on the other side of the counter is eternally telling us to f**k off.

Also, I have one question for all of you. I don't normally have convos on topics like this, so I'm wondering: are we all just really depressed or are we merely expressing the darker side of everyone's mind?

Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever wondered why is life the way it is. Yes, so many times its sad and depressing. I've had to deal with so much shit living on this Earth. I had to deal with consistent ridicule from idiotic fools at school, I had been cruely manipulated by girls and it hurt so much. And getting manipulated by girls really hurt my self-esteem in the long run. And I just begun to not talk to them because of what crap I had to deal with before. But things have changed so much, I met a girl who was so sweet, beautiful, and kind. And I always felt comfortable talking with her, yes she is leaving for her home country but if love is so strong then being thousands of miles away from each other will not affect the love that is there in my heart, she may not know that I love her but I will always be with her in my dreams, thoughts, and prayers. I promise that I would be her guardian angel even though she may not know. Yes, I have to wait five months to see her again but when she comes back I will be there with open arms. It pains me to see so many people in pain and lonliness here, I may not know why you feel the way you feel. I have related to all of you some point in my life and just right now I dont have the depression I had before because Ridda has affected me so much this past week and I just think of her and my day brightens. I wish that all of you could have some feeling of happiness in your lives, because I always felt so lonely and sad for such a longtime and finally someone that I got to meet, like blew the black thundercloud over my head. I promised her I would keep in touch over the times we arent together. But something gnaws at me just a little bit she has a boyfriend back in Colombia, and I just feel like I dont know what to expect from what I feel about her. I have hinted that I adore her, but she just hasnt said anything important about it yet. But things could change so much over time. SHe told me that if she gets a scholarship for a college here in New Hampshire she would come in the summer and be in school for four years and this could pave the road for me. So in time we may end up together. I have a random question before I depart, If your love lived 40mins away from your home would you keep a good steady relationship or no? Well I must go take care all.

~Opethchild23~

Everyone has wondered why life is the way it is....but i guess we are just "a flickering in the perpetual chaos" (quote:At the gates lyrics) and we'll never find the proper answer..:eek:

OpethChild23 I'm very sorry you've been through all these hard periods...It's nice that you've met a person you finally fell in love with.Love is a gift that warms the heart...it's soothing to feel that there are still people who feel this unique feeling grow inside them...Even though you never know what will happen in the future :eek: I wish you that something good will come out of it....
Be strong and forget the ones that bring you down..

"If your love lived 40mins away from your home would you keep a good steady relationship or no?"
yes.....i would try to have a good relationship even if that person lived miles away....if it was worth of course...
40 mins is nothing...my boyfriend actually lives a bit far from me.. a 60 mins (some days even more) drive on the national road.He actually lives a bit outside of Athens. And unfortunately since November 2000 he is doing his military service and for 9 months he had to be in some town 960 kms far from here,I could only see him a few days every month and for once i hadn't seen him for 2 months...now he is serving in Athens,I can see him more often,at least once a week...
trust me it's not the distance that plays a crucial role in weather your relationship will be good or not...maybe sometimes you can't have a "direct" touch with that person but still there is the phone ...For example,he/she can't pass by from your place at 3.00Am when you feel depressed... (bad example i think)
Such a short distance don't mean a thing...It's worth giving it a try in the beginning and lately if there is good communication and care between these two people,why ruin it because of ther distance....at least this is what my personal experience says...

well,maybe i feel 40 mins is nothing because i live in a huge city...

Have a nice day all of you :)

Originally posted by FatherVic
it would always be much lovlier if life happened over a 15 million kilometers turtle with four elephants on it's shell :)

i'm not sure where i did wrong exactly, but i suppose i'd have to wait for spanish lesson nr. 4 or 5, thanks to dr. |ngenius. ;)
it would be even more lovely if upon leaving this trail of tears we were summoned by a tall, skeletal figure who speaks only in capitals. and maybe, who knows...

Originally posted by |ngenius
I think this happens only here in Spain, in fact, so perhaps it sounds a bit strange to ya.

no, it doesn't. i was positive you didn't mean to be offensive (those smilies all over were a dead giveaway, you know? :) ), i was just wondering what it was exactly i was being definitely-not-insulted with. ;)

Originally posted by OP666187
are we all just really depressed or are we merely expressing the darker side of everyone's mind?

people on a forum like this one are probably more prone to intimistic thinking than others. this kind of reflections seems to lead to a greater knowledge of life's perilous nature and whatnots. i call myself lucky i didn't stumble into gothic-standard stereotype depression such as might be found on boards belonging to sentenced, charon and similar bands.

Originally posted by OpethChild23
I had been cruely manipulated by girls and it hurt so much. And getting manipulated by girls really hurt my self-esteem in the long run. And I just begun to not talk to them because of what crap I had to deal with before.

aww, man, if i chose not to talk to girls anymore i'd lead a very silent life... besides, anyone with feelings has experienced at least one case of cruel manipulation in his/her life, on the part of girls, boys, sometimes even very clever animals. it just happens, what the heck. ;)

Originally posted by OpethChild23
she may not know that I love her (...) But something gnaws at me just a little bit she has a boyfriend back in Colombia,

*rahvin coughs politely*
i'm sure you have given all matter of things due consideration, but... she doesn't know you love her and she has a boyfriend? it's not that i like being a spoilsport, but maybe you better check if your dreams (and here comes another skyclad quote) have a parachute, just in case something goes wrong. and i don't mean in a firefight.
as for the 40' issues, i'm with mel: it's nothing really. now, 3-4 hours and things start getting worrying.
i'd also like to know how exactly do you 'hint' to someone that you adore him/her... i mean, you can't just, like, go over to their place and say 'oh, by the way, last night just before promising to be your guardian angel forever i saw that terrific cryptopsy video on tv...' :D (that was just for cheering you up, ok?)

rahvin. (who sometimes thinks life is a huge volcanic mountain with a snowcapped peak and all kinds of wildlife on it, with twisting paths and turns all over its sides and mechanical cabins lifting people straight to the top... then loses interest in the uncomprehensible metaphor and gets back to work ;) )

*phyros gathers curage and enters the thread*

Hi guys... I just felt inwited, since you were talking about my present problem... Well, Arhhgg! This is hard to write about... I´ll make you a short version; Me and my girlfriend lived in the same town for our whole lives (10 minutes walk, went to the same school), and we had a releationship for three years, which ended just recently. She had to move to get the education she wanted, and I´m not the one to tell anyone to NOT fullfill their dreams, even if it means both our hearts are broken... Well, thats the thing... She lives about 6 hours from here... And we both misses eachother very much (I might add that I´m bound to live my life in Gothenburg, since MY education exists only here...)
Anyway... none of us could concentrate on our studies, we just felt bad beeing away from eachother.. It just hurt that much, so we decided to say that "ok, we´re not toghter anymore" (which might just have been my biggest mistake ever) and I thought THAT would make it easier... Hell no. Anyway...´She´s coming home for christmas now, so we´ll see what happens...

:cry:

-phyros, out-

Welcome in the Club of Unhappy People, dude.
Membership's for free, of course, but who would pay for it?

Hey, it's just me feeling uneasy saying here what makes me feel so bad? Just asking, you know...

Anyway, I've just broken a friendship. He was an american guy who was for death penality, which is one of the things for which I hate America so much, and one of the most serious one.
Nothing will make me change my mind: no one has the right to decide of others' life. Punishment is right, legal murder is just murder. And a state that has death penality is a state that is unable to cope with criminals and fears them.

Anyway, had it been just for the death penality, I'd just have felt disappointed, but wouldn't have broken with such violence that friendship.

BUT WHEN SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT DEATH PENALITY IS GOOD BECAUSE IT GIVES US THE POSSIBILITY TO REENTER THE KARMIC CYCLE AND HAVE A BETTER REINCARNATION, I REALLY ASK MYSELF WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY TIME WITH SUCH A FANATIC NEW-AGE-ROTTEN-BRAIN IDIOT SON OF A BITCH.
Not to mention that he said that we do have the right to judge people and condemn them to death, because in everyone of us there's a part of God that makes us some more perfect.
I even tried to reason like him, and said that if it was like that, we'd be killing god whenever we condemn someone to death.
But he said that God is immortal, and that we only separate what's impure from what's pure, because the essence of god remains, blah blah blah.
He added that I'm too attached to my physical side. Fuck it.

I felt like shit noticing how much of an idiot he truly is. He seemed a smart guy, and I also enjoyed conversating with him. Until that day...

Originally posted by Malveaux
BUT WHEN SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT DEATH PENALITY IS GOOD BECAUSE IT GIVES US THE POSSIBILITY TO REENTER THE KARMIC CYCLE AND HAVE A BETTER REINCARNATION, I REALLY ASK MYSELF WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY TIME WITH SUCH A FANATIC NEW-AGE-ROTTEN-BRAIN IDIOT SON OF A BITCH.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
this is so darn funny i might become tolerant enough to forgive you for the capitals.
because, you see, i'm totally against capitals. no one has the right to decide for my own viewing (dis)pleasure to obsess me with those big, sturdy letters. why, you all people who are so capslock-happy have been forewarned.
and i wouldn't dream of ending a friendship for that, but please bear in mind that i'm really disillusioned. ;)

anyway, no point in getting into an argument about death penalty: we're open-minded and respect other people's pov's but you've done well to drop the communication with that guy, given the fact that he was a total idiot.
such things should be punished. with death. ;)

rahvin.

@OP66187: Why are ya nicknamed with your phone number?

@Rahvin: You're going through the way of tolerance and respect... I respect everybody, but all ppl that don't think like me must die. :lol:

@Malveaux: I'm a member of a lot of clubs, including "Sex with unknow people that you meet in the street", "The rabbits and the computers could be friends" and the great "To cook nude is more interesting", but I'm not part of "Club of Unhappy People". That sounds bad and... not chupi. And... how in hell do ya know about the mothers of every budist you find in your way?

Originally posted by Phyros
*phyros gathers curage and enters the thread*
´She´s coming home for christmas now, so we´ll see what happens...

I hope the best for you both... But (forgive my cinism) I can't see more than ruin and misery.
If you both are strong enough you could try to get together again= your education will be made of train/flight tickets.
(The brain said)

The heart: Some do it, so why shouldn't it work for you?
After that, I wonder why you didn't pick up this easy solution... maybe because it was _NOT_ easy? Or because your relationship is not made (for its own nature) to survive to 600kms?
Third- I wonder again- after 3 years you should know one another pretty well... and love each others quite enough not to be led into temptations.

--atlantis, who still thinks that love can survive 2000kms away--

@|ngenius: i strongly wish for all unruly opposers of me to live a long, eventful time in the nethermost pit of doom. naked. ;)

@atlantis: i was thinking about telling you we had just started to agree anew, then i saw your new signature. :p

rahvin. (proud member of the club: "crash-course in nuclear bomb disarming. level: beginner. total lessons in course: 1")

Sorry for the capitals, I was shouting.
Okay, I know, I let myself be overcome by anger and emotion.
Sorry for the burst.

Oh, and the idiot was not buddhist. He wouldn't have said that thing of being a part of God, if he was.
He was just a new-aged rotten brain, as I graciously pointed.