We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

King Chaos said:
Idari hates old people! It's official! :p

I have to say you have outstandingly high standards young lady. I never noticed his wrinkles. This must meen you are a knit picker!!! :tickled: jk
:'D Noooo :p Well, i'm just weird..I don't think there's anyone who i generally find goodlooking, some people just look good sometimes. I'm sure Braddie looks good in some pics too :p Ethan Embry was always damn adorable in Freakylinks, but he looks crap in pics :p

Caelestia said:
Who is Cho and are the Harry Potter movies worth watching? :err:
cho is an asian girl harry falls for in book 4. they date once in book 5, but nothing good has come out of it so far. (i should probably :oops: now). the first movie is pretty good. i found the second rather confusing and useless. the third, i'm gonna watch on sunday.

rahvin said:
cho is an asian girl harry falls for in book 4. they date once in book 5, but nothing good has come out of it so far. (i should probably :oops: now). the first movie is pretty good. i found the second rather confusing and useless. the third, i'm gonna watch on sunday.
what makes you think the first movie was good? it sucked a lot, the second one was not as bad ;)

Caelestia said:
Well, shit, maybe I should’ve auditioned, since I look about the right age anyway :lol:
she wasn't in movie #1 or #2 so maybe there's still time? but i'm afraid they already have a harry, and i don't really qualify to play cho's sweetheart in book 4, one cedric guy.

if they replaced the originally ugly hermione with a goodlooking actress, they could use a deflated Cedric as well :tickled:

rahvin said:
or possibly a little less. (...) i had no way of knowing which specific piece of literature you were referring to beforehand. i still don't know.

:erk: I referred to Celtic mythology in general where Branwen is a prominent character. I don't know about Wiccan scene and I wouldn't be bothered by it. Anyway - I'm a WOMAN and you'd better remember that.

i was last time i checked.
:D and when was that?

the first part might be true: yet i do hope for new things to happen, i'm not terrified by them. generally speaking, though, i certainly experience anxiety.
but you're wrong that i'm a private person. on the contrary, i'm known for letting strangers in to some intimate knowledge of myself at the first occasion.

Rahvin - you know very well it's not the same. Of course I don't know anything about you but IMHO you could very well be a private person EVEN if you tend to tell complete strangers intimate things about yourself. Speaking openly on a forum is completely different from opening up in a face-to-face situation.

All I know about you is that you spend most of your time on this forum - and that MIGHT mean you do not feel comfortable when a real person approaches you. Mightn't it? (stupid English)

Rusty said:
Ego?? Heaven?? Crikey. If it represented my ego, a gaping chasm would have been more fitting. And the less said about 'heaven' the better.

And now can I call you an insensitive bugger for getting my gender wrong please?? :)

SOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYYY! Rusty - you can call me whatever you want, honestly. Of course you're a man.

You know what misled me? There'a a kitten on somebody's posts with sugary-sweet eyes and it's got your name underneath I somehow mixed you up with that kitten. Sorry again (is there anything worse for a man to be taken for a woman?) :cry:

Branwen said:
All I know about you is that you spend most of your time on this forum - and that MIGHT mean you do not feel comfortable when a real person approaches you. Mightn't it? (stupid English)
unfortunately, i feel all too comfortable when a "real" person approaches me. in fact, i've come to be considered an extremely sociable individual even when i'm in a group of strangers. i go through all the proper motions and i think i tend to come off as polite and outgoing and witty. while this is not exactly how i feel (i've been regretting the loss of my old introverted self time and again: at 16 i used to isolate myself to look at the stars, and have all those private, philosophical thoughts that fit so well with the image of someone listening to peculiar bands and looking for the feeling of not belonging in any crowd), it's certainly how things are right now. my friends all know that i'm useful in social events, and - in some environments - i even tend to find myself in a position of leadership.

obviously you couldn't know any of this. because you're not a seer. because i don't think seers exist. ;)

:D
Of course! I was also selling you bullshit when I interpreted your dream. I can't see anything and I don't know anything. I'm only guessing. :rolleyes:

But there is something about forum goers, I don't know... They share some characteristics. I think I'm terribly, unbearably outgoing but still I find it difficult to share feelings, you know REAL feelings with real people. I just feel embarassed and prefer to make up stories. In forums it's much easier - don't you think?

Branwen said:
But there is something about forum goers, I don't know... They share some characteristics. I think I'm terribly, unbearably outgoing but still I find it difficult to share feelings, you know REAL feelings with real people. I just feel embarassed and prefer to make up stories. In forums it's much easier - don't you think?
most people who spend a lot of time online are either introverted or affected by some level of social anxiety. this is an undeniable fact that, i suppose, is only going to change in time as long-distance, typed communication becomes the norm and its consequences can be immediately perceived as potentially stress-inducing by the same subjects that now find it easier to pour their hearts out to someone who - to them - looks like a black & grey torch on a silver background.

so you're right on this: a few personality traits are certainly common to most forum dwellers. however, i must say that all the time i spend online is mainly a consequence of three factors that i don't think are related with any anti-social disposition: #1, i work for 36 hours a week sitting in front of a computer connected to teh internet; #2, i like to devote my time to do something productive and useful for my friends, the members of dark tranquillity, so basically this is sometimes more job than entertainment; #3, i don't lead the kind of life, and i don't have the kind of friends that foster spending hours in the open or attending parties: i do all these things, but in small quantities and without much of a passion.

it happens way too often that i open up to someone i meet in real life. in all honesty, i have to try and contain myself, stick to a minimum of trusted friends to avoid being engulfed in more tales of woe consisting in me acting as a very enthusiastic dispenser of emotions/thoughts and the other side responding by nodding politely until they can finally get rid of me and my crock of bullshit.

Branwen said:
SOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYYY! Rusty - you can call me whatever you want, honestly. Of course you're a man.

You know what misled me? There'a a kitten on somebody's posts with sugary-sweet eyes and it's got your name underneath I somehow mixed you up with that kitten. Sorry again (is there anything worse for a man to be taken for a woman?) :cry:
You insensitive bugger. Aren't kittens allowed to be male?? Can't men have sugary-sweet eyes?? :p Still, it could have been worse; at least you got my species correct and didn't call me an ape/a robot/Kov.

Rusty said:
You insensitive bugger. Aren't kittens allowed to be male?? Can't men have sugary-sweet eyes?? :p Still, it could have been worse; at least you got my species correct and didn't call me an ape/a robot/Kov.
You thought I wouldn't catch that, did you? :err: Bugger. :Smug:

~Kov. Must have been put in the running with Rusty for 'horniest bastard on the DT forum'.

:p