We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

:lol: @CoT's dream.

and no hyena, i've never baked any cookies, period. the dream was very accurate at both the baking-cookies and the waking-up department, as far as i'm concerned. :p

edit: yeah, my dreams. i've been having many nightmares lately.
in one of them i woke up and i went to wash my face and my hair felt weird.. i run my fingers through them and realized they were cut short.. apparently my parents had cut it during my sleep. then i went berserk and was running late for school and i wanted to kill myself, and i was trying to explain why the fuss but they wouldn't understand. :/
tonight i saw a lot of stuff too, but the ending part (which wasn't scary) went like this: i was in an elevator with someone, in a building with over 40 floors. we wanted to leave through the basement (floor -2) because someone was after us. when the elevator stopped at random floors, thankfully we didn't get recognised, but at 0 level someone who worked there saw us. the elevator left to go downstairs, but it didn't stop at -2, went all the way to -4, didn't stop and took us back to level 0. so we decide to leave from there, and when we go out the door we're on the roof, and there's a helicopter with some really cool weapons telling us to stop or we'll be in really big trouble. :cool:

hyena, rahvin, fireangel, Siren: :lol:

We were very enthusiastic about those cookies too. I don't understand why, because they were small, dark brown with pastelcoloured dots on them, and they looked very dry. I don't think we put marijuana in them.

Anyway, who needs drugs when there's dreams? Certainly not I.

I had a dream that someone had been hit by a car outside my school and I was walking past the aftermath. It was very gory. Coagulated blood clung to everything. People were all telling me what happened in this monotone that really shocked me. But it turned out the kid got run over and then an old man came crying to his aid. Not knowing what to do, he picked up the kid and started running around trying to get other people to help, smearing blood all over himself and everyone else in the process. He fainted and fell on the contorted child leaving a big splash mark filled with gore, grot, bone and torn flesh. That was the last thing I saw before I woke up. It didn't scare me but it made me feel really wierd, kind of like a feeling of empathy just for existence.

Hehehe...Prepare for the next episode of "Child of time's odd dreams" or "To see weird stuff without getting high".

I'm sitting on the floor in a record store that's closed for the day, together with the guys in Dream Theater ( o_O ). I'm sitting close to a part of the wall which is about 1.5 meters broad. John Petrucci is holding a rubber ball which is slightly bigger than a table tennisball. We're about to play a game that works like this; if the one that throws the ball scores (by hitting the part of the wall that I'm leaning towards) he passes. But if the goalie (i.e. me) catches the ball, the guy who throwed gets one point and must be the goalie until next time someone fails to score. So we start playing this game. Petrucci and Mike Portnoy scores, but when the third guy (might be John Myung) I catch the ball. Now I'm supposed to get in line to throw the ball against the new goalie, but the Dream Theater guys insists that I should continue as goalie a few more throws. I grump a little, but as I usually don't care about childish stuff like throwing balls at each other, I do as they say. John Petrucci has this odd cunning look at his face the entire time by some reason. When I've catched the ball about 6-7 times, I realize that the guys in Dream Theater don't bother much about fair play and will let me be the goalie for the rest of the game, so I do exactly what I would have done in real life too; I keep quiet and hope they'll get tired of playing soon, so that we can do something else. Then the door to the store opens and a girl in my class (who I've never talked to but is rather cute) comes in. She says something to Portnoy in a quiet voice, and he lends her the dvd version of one of the older James Bond movies. Then she gives me this unsure, wondering look (that she gives me all the time IRL too), and the dream ends with that.

Fin.
:err:

@carl: well, do buy a dream theater CD for the girl in your class and, if she fails to appreciate the kindness, throw rubber balls at her, or just sulk in your room while watching a 007 DVD. :lol:

@Child Of Time: You should catch the references, the ways of Dream Theater are often foggy at first sight, but surely meaningful if you struggle to understand. Open your mind, explore the vertical and go through the horizontal, everything will start flowing again, and you'll end up with the girl IRL (I like the "IRL" thing).

Portnoy and Petrucci are skilled enough not to let the goalie catch the ball, but the third guy fails. Don't miss the point: "the third guy fails", which refers to the only member of the band who can fail. That's right, we are talking about James La Brie here, because Myung wouldn't even grasp the wrong string.

Note another vital piece of the puzzle: the keyb man is not there. Not Jordan Rudess, nor Kevin Moore, not even Derek Sherinian. In order to put all the pieces together and sort it out, we have to find something IRL (it feels so good to type it!!) that somewhat have to do with keys. Have you lost your home keys? Have someone stolen the key of your heart? Is Alicia Keys coming to play?

Work on it, dude, every second counts. We are with you.

|ngenius.

Claudia: Yes, it all makes sense. :lol: Thanks for the advice.
Ingenius: Well, the keyboard guy (Rudess) is there, but he doesn't do anything. Maybe I should focus more on my keys? :err: Or give the keyboards in Dream Theater's songs more attention? :confused:

Maybe you just have to slow down a little bit when playing with your... ehmm... key, if you know what I mean. On a second thought, maybe it has nothing to do with keys, after all, maybe it all gets so abstract in its own virtuosity that we wouldn't understand. But it's so fun to ramble on about it, isn't it? ;)

I remember a little weird part of one of my last night dreams. I was in sort of a friendly meeting, when an unknown bearded man puts a tape on and Jack Black starts singing "Movies Kick Ass" (the song he played in MTV Movie Awards 2002 along with Sarah Michelle Gellar), which I recognize immediately and surprises me. Then, I say: "that's Jack Black singing, right? How come you have it taped down?". Don't remember anything else. o_O

|ng.

Ah, Mr Dreamthread, we meet again. Long time no see.

Last night's dream started out on a spaceship, with me being given a briefing. My mission was to go to some planet to try to find a special kind of gem. There were other people out looking for gems on this planet too though, and this was a secret mission, so I had to do it discreetly. I was then sent out on a pod-like vehicle down onto the planet.

I landed on what was effectively a pebble beach, very alien-looking, about 2 metres wide and 15 or so long; that’s all there was to this planet, the rest being just nothingness. I began picking prettily-coloured pebbles up, trying to not get any two with the same pattern. I didn’t know exactly what the gem I was supposed to find actually looked like, so I just thought I should get as many different types as I could.

At this point I looked up and saw our solar system from afar. It was really weird-looking, with Earth being quite large. The moon was very visible and obvious, but the other planets were all orbiting Earth, except not around the equator or pole-to-pole, but just around a quarter of it at a time, as if they were taking shortcuts. There was no sun at all that I could see, though the whole thing was lit quite well.

I went back to my pebbles, moving up the beach as I did so. At the other end of the beach a small boy was also collecting pebbles and playing with them. I waited until he went behind a sand dune which had suddenly appeared for a minute, then crept up to his collection and started taking some. By this point my hands were getting full. I moved away from the boy’s collection slightly before he came back, and then went up to him and started chatting about how beautiful the pebbles were, making sure to keep the pebbles I’d stolen from him well hidden in my hands. He just ignored me and didn’t care about anything I was saying.

I then knew that the police and secret service were after me because they’d found out about my gem-seeking, so I looked around for an escape. All of a sudden I wasn’t on an alien planet at all, I was just in England, so I crossed the field I was standing in and started running like mad through streets and buildings, trying to lose myself from the people who were after me.

Suddenly I came across my old college, and bumped into someone I knew from school; this person was a bit thick but he was now at college trying really hard to get some decent grades. I went with him into college, since I couldn’t keep running because it would be too suspicious. It became clear though that I wanted to disappear, so this chap led me through the college to a back staircase, and went up it.

I tried to follow, but it was a spiral staircase that was so steep and tight that there less than a foot (30cm) between spirals. I didn’t know how he’d got up so easily, but even on my back I couldn’t squeeze through, so this had to be abandoned. I walked randomly through the college, through parts that I’d never seen before, and came across another large hall with stairs running up and down and all over.

Thinking that this looked like a major junction in the building and it would be a good chance to get up a level to find my friend again, I started out into the room. I walked forward onto a landing, but made the mistake of looking down. I was already very high up, and since I have a severe fear of heights, my body became weak all over.

Still I went bravely on though, up a few steps and onto another narrow landing that had no handrail, just a drop off down several storeys. I inched, terrified all the way, along this, and reached the other end. I now had a wall to steady myself against, and walked along the balcony with handrail here and up some more steps. Soon though the steps went around a corner, and the balcony became very thin and the handrail very low.

I was now petrified of falling, became light-headed and dizzy, and absolutely could not carry on. A teacher appeared and started talking supportively to me, all helpful and encouraging. But the only thing I could do was to go back the way I’d come, so down I went on my very shaky legs. By the time I reached the landing without the handrail though, I was so scared and shaking so much that I lay down and tried to inch across on my back, feet first.

The landing was very unstable though, and started tilting from side to side. There was some screaming and blind panic, the teacher told me it would be more stable if I stood up, but I couldn’t. I then probably fell off to my death, because I woke up, drenched with sweat.

Well remembered. And well written. The bit about the earth being the centre of the solar system sounds cool. I love seeing stuff like that in dreams. Makes me think something in my subconscious is pretty cool for conjouring it.

Have to say, that one dream seems to cover all the conventions. Like having a goal within the dream, Suddenly changing location, the feeling of being hunted, Meeting someone random from the past, Having to overcome a fear and finally falling over :p. Do you remember dreams like that often?

I just remembered a dream i had while taking a nap.
I was in a shop with my dad, trying to decide on a digital cam. I wanted a 5.0 megapixel one. Eventually, after a lot of searching, we decide on a blue one which takes normal batteries inside.
But after i arrive home and tinker with it a bit, i realize it's 3.2 megapixels.. So i'm fucking mad and say it to my dad and wonder how we got distracted like that, since that was the most important thing for me.. And then he tries to make me feel better about it and says how it takes normal batteries and a smaller film than normal cameras. So it hits me that it's not even a digital camera. :/

In another dream i had recently, i was somewhere out in a deserty/rocky/beachy place with my bf. (He didn't look like my bf, but it was my bf). So at some point i'm alone and i hear someone saying that "he lasted till the 7th plate". Apparently a huge monster had taken him and killed him by chopping him up in little pieces and filling plates with them. And he was being chopped alive till the 7th plate was filled up with parts of him, then he died. I became angry and mad and very sad (but mainly angry), so i went inside the beach house. I took the biggest sharpest knife i had, fastened it on my belt, and decided to go take down that monster.

^ Fear of commitment.

Hah, not really, I just remember that being said a lot on this thread in the past.

Although...
Siren said:
I was in a shop with my dad, trying to decide on a digital cam. I wanted a 5.0 megapixel one. Eventually, after a lot of searching, we decide on a blue one which takes normal batteries inside.
But after i arrive home and tinker with it a bit, i realize it's 3.2 megapixels.. So i'm fucking mad and say it to my dad and wonder how we got distracted like that, since that was the most important thing for me.. And then he tries to make me feel better about it and says how it takes normal batteries and a smaller film than normal cameras. So it hits me that it's not even a digital camera. :/
Fear of cam-mitment?

King Chaos said:
Well remembered. And well written. The bit about the earth being the centre of the solar system sounds cool. I love seeing stuff like that in dreams. Makes me think something in my subconscious is pretty cool for conjouring it.
Actually, it was ridiculous. Earth was huge, the moon was big, the rest of the planets were tiny in comparison, and all were so close that their gravities would've wreaked havoc on everything. It looked pretty though...

Hitori said:
what's with your dreams and the police? at least no marihuana in this one
There was only no marijuana because you weren't in it.

Rusty said:
Although...Fear of cam-mitment?
priceless. :D

although i admit once you have decided on a partner, it's kinda hard to go back to the store and have them changed.