We all live dreaming, so... post here your feelings, your thoughts, your dreams!

My feelings right now are torn between what is considered right, what is right for me and what is the proper thing to do. My feelings preoccupy my thoughts. My dreams right now are to sort out my aforementioned problems. Sorry for this being so short and not very specific, but I couldn't tell heads from tails right now...

you're in love with someone who is engaged to someone else or vice versa. you should steer clear of them (proper thing to do) or confront them and ask them to leave their partner (what is considered right) but you'd just take whatever comes your way (what is right for you). you can combine any of the three judgements with any of the three ways out and you have the same result. otherwise, you are engaged to someone whose parents don't want them to see you, and so on and so forth. otherwise, i don't know.

hyena (GET! ME! OUT!)

@hyena: For your information, I'm not engaged to anyone. I'm as single as can be. And I guess I'll go with the "proper thing to do" alternative for now. Thanks for helping me. :)

yeah, i read your other post after adding my reply, otherwise i wouldn't even have treaded the path of engagement. good luck with the proper thing to do and remember that you're sparing yourself a lot of pain. honest, i do know firsthand :)

hyena (perception is me)

Yeah, i'd suggest to do the proper thing too, even though i know very little about the situation. But i once didn't do the proper thing and i regret it ever since :/

Edit: Err my situation was different from Sun's.

I dream of watching my two boys graduate from university, something I didn't do for being so stupid. Then help people in general to feel better. After that I can die, and on my way to whatever I may go listen to Rush and Dream Theater, and when I get there talk to Ayrton Senna and Juan M. Fangio. My heroes, after my parents.

Well, quilmes, it depends directly on you. Your boys can graduate if they do their best, Dream Theater and Rush have recently released new albums, you've got millions of ppl to bring help to (and several ones posting in this board) and your parents will be your personal heroes, plus this robot that is a hero himself. Enjoy and welcome to this your thread.

|ngenius (Hoy puede ser un gran día, plantéatelo así...)

@Hyena & Siren: Sad thing is that I'll probably lose no matter which path I walk. It's just a question of how much pain I will have to endure. Sounds strange? It is. I have no good explanation to give.

sure, if you beat yourself down each time you rise up, you will never archieve something anywhere. no offense, but that's how it sounds to me. i was like that a while ago, but fact is, you just don't help yourself being negative, even if you feel that way. i nowadays try to push my anger and frustration aside as fast as i can, and it works (although i have to admit it's like cheating on oneself sometimes). life's too short to worry about.

vc

Originally posted by Sunjammer
@Hyena & Siren: Sad thing is that I'll probably lose no matter which path I walk. It's just a question of how much pain I will have to endure. Sounds strange? It is. I have no good explanation to give.

You know, that's why it's called a "no-win situation". Been bu done bu.

hyena

@hyena: Yeah, I suppose you're right. I guess I'll just let this part of my life rest and get on with the rest.

@VultureCulture: The situation mentioned here is just the current one. These circumstances don't apply to every situation. Thanks for the feedback though. :)
------------
Love is all around me, but I'm left out. It feels like life is leaving me behind for reasons unknown. A friend of mine got married a month ago. Another friend started dating a woman on New Years. They moved in together in March and got engaged in May. A third friend (a woman) has had the same boyfriend for two years now. That's three of my four best friends. Everyone's getting settled. Why can't I have some of what they're having? I'm neither better nor worse a person than them. Just wondering, not whining...

:( so much things I'd like to write and so little time...bah

edit: stupid german techer decided she wouldn't turn up

@Sunjammer: :rolleyes: long replies are always nice

@thanatos: if i can be of any assistance on your holy quest of "getting the german teacher"... maybe i could provide you with some nice phrases or such ;)

Sun, just for a statistic about long-term singles: what are you doing in your life besides being single (as in job or studies etc.)?

hyena

@hyena: About occupation and such... Used to work as a web designer before I got laid off two years ago. I've been unemployed/seeking a new job and studying since then. I've been creating web sites and other things in my line of work to keep my skills up and developing them. As for private stuff, I'm like everyone else. I spend time with friends and such. :)

@quilmes: ahhh, a F1 fan? ;)
Best wishes for your boys and life, and welcome aboard :)

@Sun: Don't listen to Thanatos, write in any way you prefer :p
And as for your messy situation, i would suggest to do what will make you feel better with yourself (don't go against your values), what will prevent ppl from being hurt (well someone will be hurt, but the less pain the better), what will keep you true to yourself and maybe to your friends too, the thing that you won't regret when you look back. And if you can, go for clear solutions (ie not helping anyone cheat on their partner..). Hope i was of some help...

@Siren: The situation I spoke of seems to be solving itself without much pain involved. If it takes a turn for the worse, I will do what I consider being the right thing to do. And yes, you've been very helpful. :)