We Are The Void

It's going to be a busy spring over here in the US when everything works out :)

Defiance: you look like a fat, ugly and stupid version of me (when i was ugly, fat and stupid :D)

It's going to be a busy spring over here in the US when everything works out :)

Defiance: you look like a fat, ugly and stupid version of me (when i was ugly, fat and stupid :D)

:p are you talking about my avatar or my FlickR pics? Because I do have gained weight :( .

Hopefully the U.S. tour will be followed by a Latin-American one. If C.R. is not included (which will probably be the case), I'm travelling to México or Colombia :) , I won't miss DT's Latin tour again.

To be honest....wouldn't it be more of a DT thing to name this album just "The Void"?. We Are The Void sounds....sorta too earthly-connected to be DT. Sounds like any other band. I gotta say one thing thats always been really cool about DT is even just the album titles, they're always one word which, even though just one word, installs so much imagination. But to be honest, this album title just doesn't seem to feel DT. Idk. I think just 'The Void' would be a cool title because it could be a reference to 'The Gallery'.....but throwing 'We are' in there...it kinda just brings the title down a couple levels, down to earth were people exist. Haha and that's not really where I want to think of DT as existing, as they're too godly to get into the affairs of pronouns like 'We'. :p

To be honest....wouldn't it be more of a DT thing to name this album just "The Void"?. We Are The Void sounds....sorta too earthly-connected to be DT. Sounds like any other band. I gotta say one thing thats always been really cool about DT is even just the album titles, they're always one word which, even though just one word, installs so much imagination. But to be honest, this album title just doesn't seem to feel DT. Idk. I think just 'The Void' would be a cool title because it could be a reference to 'The Gallery'.....but throwing 'We are' in there...it kinda just brings the title down a couple levels, down to earth were people exist. Haha and that's not really where I want to think of DT as existing, as they're too godly to get into the affairs of pronouns like 'We'. :p

I don't think anyone has any idea behind the title besides the band so far (all we can have now is speculations more or less), sooo... what's the point here, exactly?

On a side note: personally, I don't give a fuck what media/journalists have to say about it before it's released, I will experience it for myself. Still, I hope, the record will get enough media buzz above and beyond "underground".

@Defiance: yeah, the Flickr pics.

Huh,

"We Are the Void" ?

That doesn't sound very DT esque to me. I was hoping for something intricate,considering the past 2 albums were both one worders. Something like "Drifting Through the Forsaken", or "Within Solitude" sound sharper. Then again, i'm not in the band lmao.

I've grown out of the need for intricate album titles. This is inpart to the last couple of album titles from my favorite bands. Children of Bodom gave us "Blooddrunk". Norther's latest was "N". Sonata Arctica just released "The Days of Grays". Skyfire just dropped "Esoteric". Its crazy.

I don't think anyone has any idea behind the title besides the band so far (all we can have now is speculations more or less), sooo... what's the point here, exactly?

On a side note: personally, I don't give a fuck what media/journalists have to say about it before it's released, I will experience it for myself. Still, I hope, the record will get enough media buzz above and beyond "underground".

@Defiance: yeah, the Flickr pics.

Yeah I agree, if you like a band you listen and buy the album, no matter the reviews. And this comes from a former reviewer :p .

Ah crap yeah I've lost a bit of weight since that pic with Steve Smith, but the bag doesn't help either. I should've told my gf to do her photoshop tricks hehehe. Anyway, why the fuck do you care? (;)).

Since i suck and know not how to change the name....came someone tell me...as to not create un-needed threads

This only reinforces my misgivings about the new album.

Please, really, you haven't even heard it. Have you?

I thought Fiction was going to suck ("how were they going to do something better than Character?!?"), but it turned out to be one of greatest (the greatest for many) Dark Tranquillity albums. Wait until it comes out, then comment.

Since i suck and know not how to change the name....came someone tell me...as to not create un-needed threads

I actually have no idea, I think that us normal users can't do it. Maybe the moderator can, or maybe we can just create another thread with the album name as the title and merge it with this one.

'We Are the Void', is that some sort of homage to
'We Are the World' from Live Aid
maybe in some twisted way its a final farewell to Michael Jackson
who wrote the lyrics to 'We Are the World' as there is a Void in the World with his passing
or
it has no meaning and is just more of the insignificunt

'We Are the Void', is that some sort of homage to
'We Are the World' from Live Aid
maybe in some twisted way its a final farewell to Michael Jackson
who wrote the lyrics to 'We Are the World' as there is a Void in the World with his passing
or
it has no meaning and is just more of the insignificunt

I seriously LOLed

I think WAtV is an excellent title. However, while I understand that speculating on what little we know is an established and exhilarating procedure, forming an opinion of records based on song or album titles makes it so much easier to pigeon-hole music. After all, isn't that what people were doing when they called '80s metal bands satanists because of songs like "The number of the beast"?

^^agreed, although there is a not so fine line between sepulation and hoping for something, though they fall into the same category of unknown statementing. HA, sorry since that whole last sentence made no sense.

Please, really, you haven't even heard it. Have you?

I thought Fiction was going to suck ("how were they going to do something better than Character?!?"), but it turned out to be one of greatest (the greatest for many) Dark Tranquillity albums. Wait until it comes out, then comment.

Of course I haven't heard it. Why should anyone wait until the album comes out to comment on it? We might as well lock this thread until then.

I see Projector as the biggest single musical turning point for the band. There was the material before Projector - the Gallery, the Mind's I (my personal favorite), Skydancer, Of Chaos - and then there's the material after Projector - Haven, Character, Damage Done, and Fiction. You could even go so far as grouping the albums by their musical similarity to one another: Projector and Haven, the Gallery and Of Chaos, Character and Damage Done and Fiction, I would argue could be grouped together on that basis.

As much as I love the Mind's I and the Gallery (I remember when the Mind's I dropped and I put it in my CD player the first time on Christmas day back in '97), I don't think it would be a good thing for the band to produce that kind of material anymore. It's a phase that they evolved out of a long time ago, and to go back would be retrograde.

Similarly, for myself as a fan, staying within the Projector-Fiction vein would also be a disappointment at this stage. If I want to hear more music of that type, I have 4 phenomenal albums, some EPs, and even a few bonus tracks to choose from.

That said, I hope that the new album is a second major turning point for the band, a decisive break from the Projector-Fiction era. Based on the Rogue clip from the studio, I don't think I will get my wish. It sounds like the material they are writing is pretty similar to what Fiction was like and I may end up passing on this album if that is the case.

Similarly, for myself as a fan, staying within the Projector-Fiction vein would also be a disappointment at this stage. If I want to hear more music of that type, I have 4 phenomenal albums, some EPs, and even a few bonus tracks to choose from.

That said, I hope that the new album is a second major turning point for the band, a decisive break from the Projector-Fiction era.

Did you read linear notes for the re-issues? Do so if you didn't. In short: no one really cares if you are disappointed in the end - it's not about catering to each and everyone.

^^^did you learn how to be a decent person? people can give opinions whenever they want mr.hitler.