We went to see Opeth last night

you herbs are corny... either go an enjoy yourself or sit home and be a critic once a set list is published.. maybe because martin wasnt on drums they were forced to play what the replacement knew.? ever think of that? and if they cancelled i can imagine how you chickenheads would freak out and say its not right.

so what they played songs they played before. so what they didnt play your favorites or the songs, you personally selected for them. the old fans arent the only fans and the newer fans have expectations too. how does a band like Opeth, who have 8 hours worth of material rectify that? they didnt play some songs i wanted to hear too, but they have 8 albums people. and their songs range from 5minutes to over 13.

i have not seen them since they released ghost reveries. that material is the most ambition they have written yet. i personally was pleased to see they could play it live and was happy to see them play those tracks.

fans can be a real pain in the ass, and the "critics" are the worst fans of all. i think critics secretly hate the band they are critical of and themselves.

IllFG said:
you herbs are corny... either go an enjoy yourself or sit home and be a critic once a set list is published.. maybe because martin wasnt on drums they were forced to play what the replacement knew.? ever think of that? and if they cancelled i can imagine how you chickenheads would freak out and say its not right.

so what they played songs they played before. so what they didnt play your favorites or the songs, you personally selected for them. the old fans arent the only fans and the newer fans have expectations too. how does a band like Opeth, who have 8 hours worth of material rectify that? they didnt play some songs i wanted to hear too, but they have 8 albums people. and their songs range from 5minutes to over 13.

i have not seen them since they released ghost reveries. that material is the most ambition they have written yet. i personally was pleased to see they could play it live and was happy to see them play those tracks.

fans can be a real pain in the ass, and the "critics" are the worst fans of all. i think critics secretly hate the band they are critical of and themselves.

welcome !!! :kickass: <- :loco:

IllFG said:

You joined to post that? Trust me, you're in the wrong forum.

IllFG said:

who are you and why are you so bitter? :lol:

IllFG said:

Look man, I went all the way to the city expecting to see something like Iron Maiden and all I got was some band with a dude growling into the microphone. Why doesn't he just sing a tune or something? And where were the pyrotechnic explosions?

Dark One said:
I feel alienated, deceived and a little bit betrayed.
ive felt that way since ghost craperies came out. sorry you didnt enjoy the show. i saw them in feb 2004 and thought the show was great. i dunno what happened to opeth. i still listen to them but meh, the band members themselves, their choices and their current fanbase as evidenced by the opeth forum are deeply depressing. doubtful ill buy their next release

dorian gray said:
ive felt that way since ghost craperies came out. sorry you didnt enjoy the show. i saw them in feb 2004 and thought the show was great. i dunno what happened to opeth. i still listen to them but meh, the band members themselves, their choices and their current fanbase as evidenced by the opeth forum are deeply depressing. doubtful ill buy their next release

Thanks dorian. If it was a regular show I would've enjoyed it so much more, but it was billed and hyped to be anything but.

Anyway, yeah, for the first time I'm not blind buying their next release.

Dark One said:
Thanks dorian.
no problem. btw, i saw that coffee maker you recommended at target the other day and almost bought it. hahaha!
ok, back on topic...

dorian gray said:
no problem. btw, i saw that coffee maker you recommended at target the other day and almost bought it. hahaha!
ok, back on topic...

hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah ... this is the best fucking derailment EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Krups dude :kickass:

dorian gray said:
ok, back on topic...

:D back off topic... seriously? I thought it was only availble online and what not. Hmm.... If the k-cups are also available at such places, owning one of those babies makes even more sense.

Demilich said:
you NYC fucks are so lucky.. why you? biggest audience? deepest pockets?

they are doing this in 2 other cities ... Chicago and one I cannot remember ...