We went to see Opeth last night

lurch70 said:
hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah ... this is the best fucking derailment EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Krups dude :kickass:

is krups supposed to be any good? we a Krups Nova3000 espresso machine for my parents for christmas and use it almost daily now. convenient, and good. but not great, really.

lurch70 said:
the people who hate the band always get the front row seats ... fuckers

Yeah I hate when that happens. Same thing at Heathen Crusade -- you can't believe how emotional Primordial is with NEMTHEANGA (beat you to it) on stage....and there are fuckers in the front row yawning and checking the time every 30 seconds.

BUT hang on -- neither myself, Zod, or Jason hate Opeth.

Two things:

1. Jason was disappointed with the set list.
2. I liked the show. It was only my 3rd time seeing Opeth.

I'll even tell you that "A Fair Judgement" was one of the highlights of the evening, even with all that older stuff. I just think the songs from BWP and Deliverance tend to work well on stage.

Dark One said:
:D back off topic... seriously? I thought it was only availble online and what not. Hmm.... If the k-cups are also available at such places, owning one of those babies makes even more sense.
ha, yeah, it came with like 18 different little cups. what was the brand again? it's possible that it's not the same brand. same concept maybe.

BUT hang on -- neither myself, Zod, or Jason hate Opeth.

Jesus Ali ... do I have to put sarcasm markers behind everything I write ... :lol:
that was kind of directed at the intruder post from that dude ...

Nemtheanga

Ellestin said:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?

It's not THAT strange is it? I mean, I saw Iron Maiden play at the Orpheum Theater in Boston (on their Ed Hunter tour) and that was a seated venue. Sometimes venues are old and quite antiquated, and I think they were going for that "an evening with Opeth" feel. They even had exclusive shirts made for this show only.

lurch70 said:
Jesus Ali ... do I have to put sarcasm markers behind everything I write ... :lol:
that was kind of directed at the intruder post from that dude ...

Nemtheanga

FUCKING HELL. :lol: x 1000

I'm slow as fukkk today (or you're being uber-enigmatic). Your choice. :tickled:

that reminds me I need to buy coffee for the house ...
and I just recently descovered the wonders of orange marmalade ... never knew how godly that stuff is.

Dark One said:
Keurig is the brand name for the brewer. Multiple companies produce those little K-cup thingies.
yep. thats the one. it was about $100 i think. big ol beast too.

JayKeeley said:
FUCKING HELL. :lol: x 1000

I'm slow as fukkk today (or you're being uber-enigmatic). Your choice. :tickled:

hahahah ... I just have a bad habit of not qouting previous messages ...

Like I said that IllFG person definitely fits in much better on the Opeth forum:

IllFG said:
You know what? if you guys are gonna complain about what songs were and werent played. then why dont you start your own band and when you have 8 albums under your belt and people talk shit about what song you played and whether or not you were into a particular song you played etc... rather than enjoy themselves, then you will have your answers.

old fans and those who have seen them 10 plus times, deal with it. they aint a garage band anymore and the old material is "old". you have to admit GR is the most dynamic and ambitious material they have ever written.

remember they know have to play shows with 8 albums and 8 plus hours worth of material behind them. nobody wants to hear 1 hour of obscure tracks off the first 3 albums except the oldest fans.

so grow up and stop bashing them because they didnt play whatever from 1993. its just stupid

i like this qoute from him ...

nobody wants to hear 1 hour of obscure tracks off the first 3 albums except the oldest fans.

there are so many wrong things about it ... considering the show was aimed at basically their hardcore fans ... which I would assume would be totally and completely familiar with their ENTIRE catalog