What album to get next?

Rapid Dog.

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2006
Hello all..

I only have Ghost Reveries,and since I am going to Roskilde Festival in Denmark this year and Opeth will be there, I though I would buy some of their old stuff before Rf starts. What old album can you reccomend me?

well they have a bigger chances of playing something off of Deliverance of Blackwater Park....so I'd probably get one of those 2.

you can't go wrong, unless you buy orchid or morningrise. for a GR lover, those might be tougher to get into. but, it should either be blackwater park, still life, or my arms your hearse.

Buy what ever albums you can, a lot of people seem to agree My Arms, Still Life and Blackwater Park are their best albums. So you may aswell start with those, but if you like all of them then buy the rest, Morningrise inparticular. Orchid is a little raw but still awesome and definetly worth a buy, and Deliverance and Damnation and worth owning to finish of the collection and because, in the case of Deliverance, it was a pretty cool idea for a band, which performs extreme metal, to make an acoustic album.

And for taste of their live show, buy the Lamentations DVD. If you consider, including Lamentations, they only have 9 realeses and you already own 1, all this should, cost you under £100. You have time, Roskilde isn't until the end of this month anyhow. I very jelous of you going to see Dylan live!

Enjoy.

Yeah it's too jazzed influencesed. Btw, get My Arms, Your Hearse. Your first listen will be one of the best musical experiences you've ever had.

Rapid Dog. said:
Hello all..

I only have Ghost Reveries,and since I am going to Roskilde Festival in Denmark this year and Opeth will be there, I though I would buy some of their old stuff before Rf starts. What old album can you reccomend me?

can't really go wrong with "Blackwater Park" (make sure it's the deluxe edition), "Still Life", or "My Arms, Your Hearse"