What are some calming metal songs to listen to?

Brobocop

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2013
Greece,Rethymnon
www.facebook.com
I usually listen to loud stuff.But every once in a while i like to calm down and listen to something quiet and soothing.

One good example would be Katatonia

So any recommendations? Could be specific songs or bands or anything

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to be funny or anything but there are more fitting genres that incorporate calm atmosphere. Have you tried ambient or some older classical? Or some 50's jazz with sax etc.? In this case I really don't see a reason to be imprisoned by borders of genre definitions.

EDIT: Well the song you posted isn't metal either anyway.

Agreeing with the Onder on this one. I think you'll find it more rewarding to explore other genres that may be more fitting for this like jazz, darkwave, classical or even some indie and shoegaze.

^But Damnation is not a metal album.

Most of the metal that I would consider calming is essentially ambient with distorted guitar, i.e. some Velvet Cacoon:

[youtube]ETqGv8ZA[/youtube]

I'm not trying to be funny or anything but there are more fitting genres that incorporate calm atmosphere. Have you tried ambient or some older classical? Or some 50's jazz with sax etc.? In this case I really don't see a reason to be imprisoned by borders of genre definitions.

EDIT: Well the song you posted isn't metal either anyway.

Agreeing with the Onder on this one. I think you'll find it more rewarding to explore other genres that may be more fitting for this like jazz, darkwave, classical or even some indie and shoegaze.

Well i already listen to other genres too but i'm just looking for some quiet metal.Maybe Onder was right that wasn't the best example even tho i think it's kinda doom metal-ish..anyway you get the idea,UltimateApathy suggested some great songs there.

There are literally millions of good calming and soothing metal songs out there. Hard to pick just a handfull...

While Sad Spirits Around Me Stroll - Air

Fen - The Gales Scream Of Loss

Lustre - Green Worlds

Black Wreath - The Black Holes Of Your Mind

Dornenreich - Der Hexe nächtlich' Ritt

Falkenbach - Donar's Oak

Hypothermia - Skogens Hjärta

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blut Aus Nord album "Cosmosophy" (which is bordering on not metal). Perhaps Drudkh's "Autumn Aurora." Some Wolves in the Throne Room (like that song "Thuja Magus Imperium" or whatever it's called).