What are some good metal songs about depresssion, suicide?

Off topic but if I ever were to kill myself I would leave "LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH" written on the wall in blood.

I would also fucking do something really weird before committing suicide but then I would probably love my fucking creation too much to kill myself and decide to do some more bullshit alive so I can admire myself longer. People wouldn't notice that I'm awesome but I would know fucking better anyway for the love of shit.

Someone once told me that they'd stick dynamite up their ass and jump off a huge building near the mall and time it so they'd blow up about a metre before they hit the floor and a split second before they detonated yellout 'lookout'.

anyone here actually been depressed? i have, and let me tell you, it fucking sucks. the point of the genre might not be to make people want to hurt themselves or feel depressed, but honestly, why anyone would seek out music with the hope that it would make them feel like shit is something ill never understand. that feeling is not healthy. its not fun.

Does depression go away? It's a chemical imbalance which I have had for years. I listen to a bunch of depressive music. I'm not sure if it helps or makes it better, but in some ways I enjoy the feeling of being utterly miserable. Hard to explain. As far as I know depression is a permanent thing, and I refuse to take pills for it.

Does depression go away? It's a chemical imbalance which I have had for years. I listen to a bunch of depressive music. I'm not sure if it helps or makes it better, but in some ways I enjoy the feeling of being utterly miserable. Hard to explain. As far as I know depression is a permanent thing, and I refuse to take pills for it.

You have to learn how to shift/lift pain,depression,stress. I take a class which helps.

I'm getting married to the woman of my dreams, so I don't even dream of doing anything drastic. I love myself too much anyways. But perhaps some day I will need classes or something. I'd like to think I'm too stubborn and too much of a survivor to let myself die that easy.

anyone here actually been depressed? i have, and let me tell you, it fucking sucks. the point of the genre might not be to make people want to hurt themselves or feel depressed, but honestly, why anyone would seek out music with the hope that it would make them feel like shit is something ill never understand. that feeling is not healthy. its not fun.

Yeah. I've been depressed for quite a while, and i still get depressed from time to time, but not like i used to. And listening to depressing music makes me feel much "better" tbh.

I can be the happiest person and the world and then if I listen to Watching I suddenly go into a depressed mood.

This. Depressive BM does not even come close to what this single album can do to a mood. It is really impressive and I wish there were some sort of study done on what exactly this album does so well to foster an actual gloomy mood, as opposed to the contrived gloominess from "depressive" genres.

The Alienz! THE ALIENZ!!!!!!!111

Last edited by a moderator:
Listing Opeth and Agalloch but not "Dirge for November" or "A Desolation Song" makes you somewhat retarded.

i went through that phase. i loved listening to the most intense and depressing music i could find. id sit and listen to the songs for hours. if there was a climax in the song, the most intense part i mean, then i could sit and rewind and listen to it over and over, even if that part was like 3 or 4 seconds long. i thought about all kinds of shit at the same time. it sucked. i stopped listening to depressive music and try only to listen to metal that is 'happy', which is why im more into power metal now. i also listen to just raw, riff driven bands like early nightrage or something. it has helped. there was a direct relationship between what i was listening to (depressive stuff), reading (hard philosophy and raw fiction like Dostoevsky) and my overall mood. i would suggest taking a break from anything that puts or keeps you in that mood. it's like a weird drug, i know - you love the feeling of being depressed- but it isnt healthy. and if it's a chemical imbalance then drugs may help. if it's circumstantial and environmental then it'll probably go away over time if you're pro active. good luck. depression sucks!

You refuse to take pills for it, and listen to depressive music, and ENJOY feeling miserable?
Maybe that's why you always feel depressed.....?

:rolleyes:

You say you're getting married too? Well a)does she know you like feeling miserable and b)if you think you're miserable NOW wait till you're married! :lol:

Listen to some DLR-era Van Halen people!

(And yes, I was diagnosed with clinical depression too, years ago so I do know what I'm talking about)

sentenced1.jpg