What are you learning?

I use dunlop tortex picks. They have really good grip, and won't slip no matter how much u sweat on them. The downside is that after a while they wear down....... but i'm not cheap.... I just buy more. The hard plastic seethru ones slip hardcore, especially when u live in a hot sweaty country.

Right now, I feel like my skills are slipping, literally. My pick is somehow slipping more frequently than it should. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to stop it?

Try a different material, the stubbies and jazz picks I used kept slipping all the damn time so I tried the tortex jazz picks.. They play super awesomely.

Or the Gator Grips are made just for that problem and they still play pretty fuckin' good.

Like I said, get some Gorilla Snot. Or some other pine tar.

I have the same problem though. When I don't want my fingers to smell like a pine tree, I'll just like my finger and thumb to improve my grip on the pick.

Still practising Accolade II solo section. And also the beautiful strange solo from 2084 by Ayreon.

Battery by Metallica and pretty much the entire MOP album because my rhythm is suffering :erk:
btw, this forum is like dead
double :erk:

Villa Lobos etude no. 1. It's pretty easy until you try to play it up to speed. It'll be a good while before i can play all 12 at concert, but they're so badass I really don't want to put them off. I'm going to go ahead and learn them all at reasonable tempos and work them up over time.