What are you learning?

Just some thrash at the mo.

Some Megadeth, Slayer, Testament...

A few Dream theater songs, kinda, I can'T play the solos or a lot of the parts actually :lol: I suck at lead work, but I'm learning.

I have the easy ones like Another Day and Silent Man. Got all of the rhythm down to Fatal Tragedy, cept a few bits.

Learnt the wintermadness solo by wintersun by ear. Currently working on tapping arpeggios in the style of Romeo. Can somebody give me pointers on how to get rid of the excess noise from pulling off from nowhere then hammering on/string skipping, like this example...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1xgFbXrCaiQ&mode=related&search=

it's all in the muting. Use the palm of your right hand to mute the strings below the ones you are playing on and use the underside of your left hand fingers to mute the ones higher. Then, like ^he said, practice:)

Attempting to learn Speed Metal Symphony, Becker's part while my friend learn's Friedman's part. I just still can't believe he wrote this at age 17. Cause I am 17 and I am no where near playing it perfectly. I think it of one of the hardest, and one of the best electric guitar duos ever. The elaborate scaleular descending triplets, which are harmonized are pretty difficult.

Hey all, new member and first post! Anyway right now I am learning, or trying to learn, Constant Motion & The Ministry Of Lost Souls. Certainly slow going but I do like a challenge.

Attempting to learn Speed Metal Symphony, Becker's part while my friend learn's Friedman's part. I just still can't believe he wrote this at age 17. Cause I am 17 and I am no where near playing it perfectly. I think it of one of the hardest, and one of the best electric guitar duos ever. The elaborate scaleular descending triplets, which are harmonized are pretty difficult.

Good stuff! I prefer the Concerto guitar duo, it seems to have more meaning and completeness, but yeah, they were both crazy at such a young age...

Learning to tie my shoe
Learning to Fly (Tom Petty), not really
Alright enough of the lame humor, currently tabbing out some Becker and Gilbert stuff.