What are you learning?

I actually have been going back to the basics and learning some old standard blues licks that I never learned for fear of sounding like everyone else. Sometimes seemingly simple things can open your eyes and ears to more. Hey, there's a reason these "standard" licks have stood the test of time.

I'm also working on cleaning up my sweeping technique with the help of Meedles. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

I can't think of a guitar player out there that does not bring out the pentatonics to end a catchy phrase. Grab the old Tony MacAlpine albums and pentatonics are used very well to end his phrases with some punch. Romeo uses pentatonics quite liberally and with excellent results.

And, Michael, Joe Bonamassa RULES! haha.

I'm currently learning Bach's Goldberg Variation no.5 so I can whack it into a prog metal song somewhere, i've arranged it for keyboard, bass, guitar, and drums, although the bass is doing nothing interesting lol...aiming to get it up to about 130bpm but fingering it is a bitch in some places.

Currently, I am still working on perfecting Sea of Lies. I am also trying to do the Unholy Warcry Solo from Rhapsody. Sweeping is a bitch.

I am trying to teach myself that over the neck playing haha

Just the other day, I started learning XUL by Behemoth on drums as well.

Bach- Rondeau, Bouree, and Menuet from BWV 1067-Orchestral Suite in Bm

and

Pieds-en-l'air from Peter Warlock's (Heseltine) Capriol Suite

It's all for my guitar quintet...we decided to get a bunch of easier stuff done before we work out the more intimidating pieces just for the sake of having a lot to choose from for performances. My teachers wants us to have 1.5-2 hours worth of material before the end of the semester. They're all pretty badass pieces though.

Damn dude your going to be some great guitar player. Your learning from all the masters of all the genres. Im fimiliar with his youtube stuff, checked them out at the same time I checked out Pass. Did you see the one of Chets yet where Jerry Reed basically smokes him in a little chicken pickin duet called Jerrys Breakdown ? Whoda thunk it? Chet can be seen in this one doing arpeggio sweeps

Damn dude your going to be some great guitar player. Your learning from all the masters of all the genres. Im fimiliar with his youtube stuff, checked them out at the same time I checked out Pass. Did you see the one of Chets yet where Jerry Reed basically smokes him in a little chicken pickin duet called Jerrys Breakdown ? Whoda thunk it? Chet can be seen in this one doing arpeggio sweeps

I agree with you razor...Meedles better get a video or recording to us soon...he's gotta put the old farts to shame!:lol:

If anyone's intereted...here's Jerry's Breakdown. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE Smokin'...enjoy!