What are you learning?

learning stabwound, i ordered the book under the impression it would reveal that all the sweeps etc are secretly reaaaaaaal easy to play. im pretty sure i dont have enough fingers for this shit, its absolutely unbelievable!

the sequence of sweeps after the bass solo are so sick it beggars belief, and the whole thing just butchers my little finger, its gonna be a long time till i get this up to speed!

working on this lick my teacher gave me today. It is quite possibly the most insane thing I have witnessed/heard on guitar (or at least up there with some of the more intense Guthrie stuff). I'm still shitting my pants and it was at 930 this morning. It's literally going to take me yearsto be able to play this, I'm guessing.

I doubt y'all would be into it since it's more of a country/bluegrass thing, but if I can find the time I'll try to put it into powertab and post a link for you guys.

working on this lick my teacher gave me today. It is quite possibly the most insane thing I have witnessed/heard on guitar (or at least up there with some of the more intense Guthrie stuff). I'm still shitting my pants and it was at 930 this morning. It's literally going to take me yearsto be able to play this, I'm guessing.

I doubt y'all would be into it since it's more of a country/bluegrass thing, but if I can find the time I'll try to put it into powertab and post a link for you guys.

I dig some bluegrass...I'd love to hear/see it.

Well, I've still been a lazy ass at working on other peoples music

However a few nights ago I stumbled across a new riff that has become a series of ideas and Im pretty excited. It looks like at long last a new worthy song is in the making.... and I feel grrrreat ! :worship:

I'm learning that I really want to retire...but will most likely work until I drop dead. I'm learning that the older I get, the less I like people.

Now music related...I learned that I wish I waited for a Blues Cube 60 to show up on eBay because not having an effects loop on the 30 sucks...it renders the lead channel pretty much useless because without at least reverb, it's too dry, but a delay pedal into an overdriven channel sucks nuts. Oh well...live and learn...the clean channel with pedals is heavenly.

Michael, I'm right there with you. I'd love to go back to the days of not having responsibilities (i.e., bills) so I could blow my money on music and car gear. But, that would mean sacrificing a job I actually like and my family. I'd trade the world for my family. The guitar stuff can wait.

Do you think you can crack into the electronics of you 30 and insert a send/return for a loop?

Michael, I'm right there with you. I'd love to go back to the days of not having responsibilities (i.e., bills) so I could blow my money on music and car gear. But, that would mean sacrificing a job I actually like and my family. I'd trade the world for my family. The guitar stuff can wait.

Do you think you can crack into the electronics of you 30 and insert a send/return for a loop?

Yeah...I had a bad morning. Family first, of course...I have 4 boys 3,6,14,17...my life is chaotic at times...music always takes a back seat.

I guess that's a possibility...I have to look into that...I'll bet someone has done it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a five-year-old daughter and a 15-month-old son. Friday, an alarmist doctor at our kids' pediatric practice sent us off to the big hospital fearing my son's listlessness was meningitis. Asshole. Screwed up my entire weekend. And now it's Monday and I want my weekend back. I'm no doctor, but when sick older sister (source) accompanies sick younger brother (incubator), I think I know what the problem is... Listlessness means something more like, "I really wish I could go home and sleep", rather than, "please, would somebody stick a needle in my spine to make sure I'm really not dying over here".

Chaos is the norm for me. I think I might freak out if I actually had some sense of normalcy to my life.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a five-year-old daughter and a 15-month-old son. Friday, an alarmist doctor at our kids' pediatric practice sent us off to the big hospital fearing my son's listlessness was meningitis. Asshole. Screwed up my entire weekend. And now it's Monday and I want my weekend back. I'm no doctor, but when sick older sister (source) accompanies sick younger brother (incubator), I think I know what the problem is... Listlessness means something more like, "I really wish I could go home and sleep", rather than, "please, would somebody stick a needle in my spine to make sure I'm really not dying over here".

Chaos is the norm for me. I think I might freak out if I actually had some sense of normalcy to my life.

I've been to all of those places and many, many more, dude! It's more about malpractice than the welfare of the child...it sucks...I've chased those bloodsuckers out of my kids hospital room. I had so many problems with my first born...it was a horror show at 24 being a new dad and having no idea how to handle this stuff.

Now, at 17, he's fine and he just played his first gig on drums with his ska band and did awesome!:headbang:

so is you're kid doing alright now? Sorry to hear about having to put up with such bullshit dude. On the bright side...at least he doesn't have meningitis.

Now learning...

so much stuff it's making my head hurt. I'm taking an internet break right now to let the mind rest. I'm in the middle of mid-terms right now. The only one I'm sweating is one of my music interp. classes. For the midterm, anything from any of the 3 "modern method" books is fair game. He's just going to go in a circle around the room and give us each a book/page number. I think I'm pretty well prepared and I'll probably pull an A when all is said and done, but I always stress this guy's midterms....can't help it. I had a "midterm" today for my one of my classes that went great. I got about 4 measures into that Chet piece (without doing any of the other stuff that was supposed to be done btw) I'm doing and my teacher goes "alright...enough of this formality bullshit....I know you've got your shit down....so you've got an A and I'll see you next week".

as for actual pieces...i've got a couple pieces I'm working on for my classical guitar quartet. I've got the music for pretty much every song on Andrew York's "denoument" cd on order, so once those show up I'm going to try to do about 2 per month. It's going to be sweet. I've got a studio sessoin booked for the beginning of december to record a piece for one of my classes...but I'm going to record some solo fingerstyle stuff too just to make it more worth everyone's time

*prays to make it to next semester....when life will be so much easier:lol:*

so is you're kid doing alright now? Sorry to hear about having to put up with such bullshit dude. On the bright side...at least he doesn't have meningitis.

Now learning...

so much stuff it's making my head hurt. I'm taking an internet break right now to let the mind rest. I'm in the middle of mid-terms right now. The only one I'm sweating is one of my music interp. classes. For the midterm, anything from any of the 3 "modern method" books is fair game. He's just going to go in a circle around the room and give us each a book/page number. I think I'm pretty well prepared and I'll probably pull an A when all is said and done, but I always stress this guy's midterms....can't help it. I had a "midterm" today for my one of my classes that went great. I got about 4 measures into that Chet piece (without doing any of the other stuff that was supposed to be done btw) I'm doing and my teacher goes "alright...enough of this formality bullshit....I know you've got your shit down....so you've got an A and I'll see you next week".

as for actual pieces...i've got a couple pieces I'm working on for my classical guitar quartet. I've got the music for pretty much every song on Andrew York's "denoument" cd on order, so once those show up I'm going to try to do about 2 per month. It's going to be sweet. I've got a studio sessoin booked for the beginning of december to record a piece for one of my classes...but I'm going to record some solo fingerstyle stuff too just to make it more worth everyone's time

*prays to make it to next semester....when life will be so much easier:lol:*

Hey Meedles...I hope you share your recordings! Can't wait to hear you!:headbang:

if they turn out well they will DEFINITELY be uploaded somewhere. This will be the first chance I've had in a while to get some quality recordings done and the first time ever that have been able to get quality recordings done that are my own. I'm pretty stoked about it overall.

He's ok. He has started coughing which doesn't bode well (croup sucks), but that is also following my daughter's pattern. Thanks for the well-wishes, Michael and Drew. And yes, at least he doesn't have meningitis.

He's ok. He has started coughing which doesn't bode well (croup sucks), but that is also following my daughter's pattern. Thanks for the well-wishes, Michael and Drew. And yes, at least he doesn't have meningitis.

I just had a croup bout with my youngest a few weeks ago...he should just about be growing out of it.

I'm learning that I really want to retire...but will most likely work until I drop dead. I'm learning that the older I get, the less I like people.

I hear that !

As for the children thing...... well mine (daughter) is out of school, 181/2, in college, out of the house, declared war on her father when she was 15 and Dad was working 12 hr nightshifts. Great fun, wish I could do it all again.......

None the less Im sorry to hear about those that have had health issues. We never had anything out of the norm. But yes, you have to beware of the health care industry, they are interested in one thing and thats the cash register and job security. I have no idea how the human race survived the first 1900 years post Jesus without these modern day superheros.......

Im haveing a shit weekend and Monday too.... case you couldnt tell... sorry

Music ? The riffs are comming along quite well and my old guitar mate and I got together yesterday and made some noise. Some horrendous/some pretty decent. We're both sloppy as hell these days.

I don't think it's a case of pounding the cash registers. I think doctors today are so afraid of the frivolous lawsuits that they are overly cautious. Get the frivolous lawsuits under control and we may see a change in perspective.

But this doctor is an alarmist and needs to control himself. :lol:

I respect your view, mine is totally different, I could write another boring book about what I think of Doctors, Lawyers and paid public servants (politicians and their following), lets just say their all frat boy brothers and I only trust the dead :heh: