What are you learning?

The last difficult bits of Accolade 2.

edit: On one day you can play it through and on the next day you can't. It seems my skills aren't evolving in a steady straight line but rather in a rising sinusoid pattern. I just hate being at "the bottom of the wave." Ah well, more practice and less talk.

taking a break from studying/practicing for finals and learning King Twang by the Vital Tech Tones (scott henderson/victor wooten/steve smith). Partly because it kicks ass and partly because we're doing it in fusion ensemble next semester.

The last difficult bits of Accolade 2.

edit: On one day you can play it through and on the next day you can't. It seems my skills aren't evolving in a steady straight line but rather in a rising sinusoid pattern. I just hate being at "the bottom of the wave." Ah well, more practice and less talk.

welcome to life :lol:

Just learning to play, trying to work on Robin Trower (fav. guitarist from waaaaaay back along with Alex Lifeson). I just want to learn to play guitar and eventually get into some classical/acoustic perhaps.

there's a piece called "romance" by an anonymous composer from the spanish-romantic period; it's not so difficult, it was the first song I learned on the classical guitar, however it's a nice melody, really beautiful. score the chicks kind of song.

I'm learning how to play keyboard :D Progress has been good, I can play various Children of Bodom intros and working on the Every Time I Die solo. I got everything down besides the fast run. Damn you 32nd notes!

If anyone is a keyboardist/pianist, could you link me to some good sites that work on technique? I already have a good knowledge of scales, chords, and theory (in general). I want to build right hand speed.

Mainly the solo sections from the following songs:

Sea Of Lies
Accolade II
Of Sins And Shadows
The Turning
In The Dragon's Den
Smoke & Mirrors

I try to Youtube them as I progress. It's a slow process but results coming soon.

Nevermore- the Psalm of Lydia (beginning solo)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ESkM2e21I&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ESkM2e21I&feature=related[/ame]

i have a guitar pro ta for it. i am actually getting pretty good at the first half. not quite as fast as jeff yet. but i am pretty acurate as long as i play the hole thing a bit slower. unfortunately the stuff at the end requires a 24th fret that my Jackson RR3 soesn't have. i guess i'll have to improvise.

i have a guitar pro ta for it. i am actually getting pretty good at the first half. not quite as fast as jeff yet. but i am pretty acurate as long as i play the hole thing a bit slower. unfortunately the stuff at the end requires a 24th fret that my Jackson RR3 soesn't have. i guess i'll have to improvise.

meh, I have a 27th fret, shouldn't be too much of a problem... :p

clarence... try "The Psalm of Lydia" "This Godless Endeavour" and "The river Dragon has Come"

I'm the same way. I've tried many times...bought 4 albums...just can't latch on. I think they're albums have brilliant moments, but just don't follow through for an entire album. They have some great songs. Also, that Warrell dude's vocals make me nuts after a while.

I learned how to play Return of Salieri by Warmen today. I can play it accurately at 3/4ths speed, pretty good considering I've been playing for about 3 weeks now.