What are you learning?

I have heard it....though I've been putting off buying it for a long time now, as soon as I actually have some more money to blow i'll be picking it up. it's currently number 8 on my list of cd's to buy.

delayed response.....but when the gods strike you down for saying that, make sure I'm not standing next to you:lol:

Now learning-

-Andrew York- 8 dreamscapes. I've got 2 (almost 3) of them down. I think I'm going to try to perform the whole set next month

and I just found out that I might be playing with one of the vocalists here for her senior recital. She decided she didn't want to use a pianist, so I'm supposed to be getting a call followed by a setlist and I'll make a decision at that point. Hopefully it's cool because stuff like this is great networking. Singers are the ones who attract audiences and it never hurts to be the first-call player for a couple.

delayed response.....but when the gods strike you down for saying that, make sure I'm not standing next to you:lol:

Now learning-

-Andrew York- 8 dreamscapes. I've got 2 (almost 3) of them down. I think I'm going to try to perform the whole set next month

and I just found out that I might be playing with one of the vocalists here for her senior recital. She decided she didn't want to use a pianist, so I'm supposed to be getting a call followed by a setlist and I'll make a decision at that point. Hopefully it's cool because stuff like this is great networking. Singers are the ones who attract audiences and it never hurts to be the first-call player for a couple.

Hey...sometimes you gotta pass the torch.

Good luck with the gig!

:lol: I'm sure if God prefers Holdsworth it woulda happened by now... :p

I'm going back to basics with electric guitar to try and clean up my playing, I've got a 'Progressive-rock guitar' book which I'm gonna go through to structure my practice sessions, which is badly needed more of.

Dah..... When you all wake up from your pagan nightmares you will realize that Satch is the living God, only due to Vaughan passing the torch and leaving behind all things earthly.... he does still require one day, weekly worship.... that would be the seventh day, on which Satch rests.

I'm working on finding more practice time and purchasing another simple recording device.

Anyone have Brett Garsed's Big Sky? I sampled it...sounds really great...wondering if it's worth the purchase.

I'm working in Story to Tell by Death. I have almost everything but can't find a tab with solo. Does anyone has one?

I'm really out of practice at the moment, so i've decided to learn a couple of challenging things from different styles to get myself back into it-

1. Paganini's Moto Perpetuo (alternate picking workout!)
2. Jerry Reed's Jerry's Breakdown (hybrid workout!)
3. Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie (tapping workout!)
4. Necrophagist - Stabwound (everything workout!)

currently learning (trying at least) nevermore's engines of hate solo.
here's some random guy playing it quite well.

Last edited by a moderator: