what aren't you listening to right now?

JoeVice said:
i bought the new akercock album. i can't stand it. the reviews for it were great, and a lot of people recommended it to me. but, my god. the only extreme metal bands that i can dig right now are morbid angel, opeth, cryptopsy, and meshuggah. i need some strong recommendations, right now.

I find it weird that ppl list Opeth in "extreme metal" bands its probably the most mellow metal band.

I recomend Six Feet Under or Eye Hate God.

IM NOT LISTENING TO Ayreon and Pain of salvation....[I got jipped into buying these Cds, what a waste of money]

NineFeetUnderground said:
if you can enjooy meshuggah and cryptopsy, but not like the new akercocke at all...then why bother recommending anything...youre obviously a hack.

well, if a hack is someone that doesn't like akercocke....then yes, i am a hack. they seem to cliche to me. i don't really like any of their melodies...the clean singing reminds me of really bad nu metal singing. i like the guitar tone, but the playing is quite boring. i will give it some time, like usual...but, they just struck me the wrong way...i don't know if i can overcome it. anyway, now you know that i don't like akercocke, but you know some of the extreme metal bands that i like...what in the fuck should i listen to?

oh, and to theunforgiven...i've checked out both of those bands and don't really like them. thanks though.

JoeVice said:
well, if a hack is someone that doesn't like akercocke....then yes, i am a hack. they seem to cliche to me. i don't really like any of their melodies...the clean singing reminds me of really bad nu metal singing. i like the guitar tone, but the playing is quite boring. i will give it some time, like usual...but, they just struck me the wrong way...i don't know if i can overcome it. anyway, now you know that i don't like akercocke, but you know some of the extreme metal bands that i like...what in the fuck should i listen to?

oh, and to theunforgiven...i've checked out both of those bands and don't really like them. thanks though.

Resurrection - Embalmed Existence

if you dont like THAT album...then you probably shouldnt be listening to death metal. period.

Regardles of COF's make up or sex (lol) or whatever. Regardless of their image the do make some good music.

I just hate it when people are like "0mGZ tEhy s0Ld 0u7!" - who gives a fuck so long as its good music.

I'm not listening to rap or country or pop or punk or that annoying metal where they sing like opera gays; sonata arctica and dragonforce for example (tho sonata is the best of that shitty genre)
I'm not listening to cradle of filth cuz i don't like them
I'm not listening to carcass
I'm not listening to ACDC cuz I'm getting tierd of their repetitive songs

So what am I listening to???? Ahha!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

phagist_ said:
Regardles of COF's make up or sex (lol) or whatever. Regardless of their image the do make some good music.

I just hate it when people are like "0mGZ tEhy s0Ld 0u7!" - who gives a fuck so long as its good music.
i could care less about their make up or all that garbage, but i just cant stand their music

COF - I can appreciate the "gothic" sound they've got going, and they have some nice riffs... but they're inconsistent beyond beleif.

What am i not listening to? There's too much to mention. I struggle to listen to most metal unless it has significant "non-metal" elements to it... this is a problem i'm working to fix though :)

derbeder said:
:puke: beauty and the beast metal
I agree, also I am getting tired of good cop bad cop metal. This is prevalent in metalcore, such as Trivium, Shadow's Fall etc... Speaking of metalcore I have been taking a break from listening to this genre.